Author Topic: Mom is homeless  (Read 6964 times)

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mom is homeless
« on: December 02, 2011, 07:38:04 PM »
The friend she was staying with kicked her out today, so my mom is now having to sleep in her car... and she has three dogs
My dropbox gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/30764657/1/Ponies?h=988a91
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you�re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Ghosteh

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mom is homeless
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:57:29 PM »
Can't she live with you?

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 08:57:47 PM »
Quite the elaborate story. Very worthy of a post.

/bravo.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »
Quite the elaborate story. Very worthy of a post.

/bravo.

What...?

Maybe there's a homeless shelter in-town that she could stay at? Is she employed?
o7

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 09:33:09 PM »
Like...it was just a random post...I don't see what he wants us to say.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 09:46:41 PM »
Like...it was just a random post...I don't see what he wants us to say.

Yeah, true... What do you want us to do anyway Lone
o7

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 10:10:20 PM »
Elaborate if you dont mind?
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 10:36:52 PM »
Right, kinda made me too depressed to post a full thing at the time, sorry bout that

Dad is too much of an ass to let her stay with us... or even take one of her dogs

Do any of you know any way I'd be able to help her at all?
My dropbox gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/30764657/1/Ponies?h=988a91
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you�re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline LeninRoxSox

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 11:28:05 PM »
I'm sorry but I see no reason in telling us about it if there's not really any way of helping her, unless you can like get her money to afford a hotel/motel room for a while. If there's really no way to help her then i'm afraid all this thread is doing is depressing everyone involved.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 12:09:47 AM »
I'm sorry but I see no reason in telling us about it if there's not really any way of helping her, unless you can like get her money to afford a hotel/motel room for a while. If there's really no way to help her then i'm afraid all this thread is doing is depressing everyone involved.
Well feel free not to read if you dont want to. You arnt compelled.
And Lone, I really dont see much you can do less your dad can be convinced... Any chance of that?
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Ghosteh

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 12:25:54 AM »
Wouldn't her friend let her live with them again?

Or did she do something really bad?

But as Dehtyarev said try get her to move in with you and your dad.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 02:32:22 AM »
If convincing your father to take her in isn't an option (which it probably isn't, if things have come this far), try to find her a good homeless shelter in town. It's probably a hell of a lot safer than sleeping inside a car, unless she's in some pristine neighborhood. And although to you, I'm probably just another wannabe counselor slouching behind a computer screen, I urge you to stay calm and not do anything rash. Think rationally- what does your mom need? Food, water, shelter, hygine... and how can she realistically and safely obtain those needs?
o7

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 04:19:15 PM »
As a semi-internet counselor, I have learned that each person needs to be helped with their emotional problems in a different way. Lone, you have been going through a lot and you may not have many people to confide this information with, so you choose the internet as we are pretty much anonymous people behind computer screens. Perhaps, ironically enough, that is why you feel safe talking about things. Do you experience emotional stress about getting shit every day from people about your hobby for watching MLP?

Anyway, I feel as though you are going to need something other than comfort to fix your problems. In fact, with the kind of person I think you are, mushy emotional comfort is going to hurt you more than it will help you. Trust me, when I was younger I felt as though a hug and a kiss would always fix everything, and a slap in the face would make things worse. I suppose I was emotionally insecure myself regarding that. So, I decided to look at it this way: Would you rather build a sturdy house out of wood and brick or sugar and honey? Which one will support you? Which one will not collapse on you? The sturdier one. And how do you build a sturdy house? With hard materials.

So, instead of feeling sorry for you, I'm going to divulge with you a mindset my uncle used when he found himself staring in the face of racism. He related it to how Spock would react to things; Emotionally detach yourself from your issue. Hold all of your anger or sadness in for a second, and ask yourself one question: "What is making me feel this way?" Then, ask yourself: "How can I stop it?" Eventually, if you ask yourself enough questions and answer them, you'll have completely worked the situation out rationally. I honestly don't know what to say about your current situation, so try that method. Yankee provided some examples of what rational minds can come up with. Also, and I could bet you on this, by the time you work out the situation completely in your mind, try to let your emotions come back to you. You'll find that they will not affect you very much anymore.

Assess your family's situation. Consider yourself in your mom's shoes. Try to think about it from her perspective. Only then can you figure out what you need to do.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 11:39:48 PM »
Shit. Just, shit.

Lone, if you need someone to talk to or anything, I'm here for you.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:40:15 AM by Thunderbluff »

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 12:39:41 AM »
Here*

But yea, that's pretty shit. Your dad sounds like an ass.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal