Author Topic: C45 Suggestions and Ideas Thread.  (Read 9521 times)

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: C45 Suggestions and Ideas Thread.
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 09:13:56 PM »
Giving all of the CCA divisions their special little room tucked in the Nexus is probably the worst thing you could ever give priority to in a map. The focus should be on how to best encourage citizen roleplay.

Developing your CP unit is a great thing, doing CP passive roleplay is a great thing. But people with whitelisted units seem to place far too much emphasis on the CCA getting its treats and sweets. When you boil the CCA down to its base purpose, it exists simply as an environmental entity to which citizens react.
The CCA must not get ahead of themselves, they're basically actors putting on a show for the citizens.

I will try not to spoil the CCA, as I see your point.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 06:47:10 AM »
Yankee, rooms are a must when NOVA doesn't have a med bay and GRID don't have enough room to swing a spanner.
what

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 07:39:30 AM »
Ok My list of things:

What i would really like:
-The training rooms and shooting ranges from the edit
-A Room for each division, so messages can be placed etc
-A Message transport system, like the package box in the current map for the CA but one that goes to each important room. So one for each div room, HC room and other important areas. And there is a hub where messages go to then are put into the right slot.
-More apartments
-More shops
-No more bunkers under the apartments, lolwebles just completely trollolololol with it and its not really helping the rp.
More than 1 tower, 2 would be nice.
-Sniper positions
-An Ammo dispenser in the armory, not guns just the ammo, it would save SO much time and tokens.
-Generator room for GRID RP.
-HC room
-A Gas chamber (Instead of the fire room, i like both but gas is more RP)
-A Contraband room with an incinerator hatch (just put the items in and they burn, i hate shooting it all up)
-Remove the train station lolchair and put a better execution chamber. And some cells there would be nice.
- A NEXUS link between the train station CCA area and the Nexus.

For now i think that is it. Some i know people will say its not useful or just going to be trolled but a CCA unit should be able to RP these things correctly. Anyway, this is my contribution :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:23:28 AM by ?=CG=?Mmmaaattt94 »

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 10:28:43 AM »
Gas chamber
Electric Chair
Solitary confinement
Shooting range
Gman
Snipers Nest
Wesistance hideout

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 03:01:09 PM »
Yankee, rooms are a must when NOVA doesn't have a med bay and GRID don't have enough room to swing a spanner.

I don't have an issue with a med bay because it can be used for citizens. Grid can have a room, but I think it should be more of a practical garage or hanger instead of the  GRID lolOPS CENTER.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Ok My list of things:

What i would really like:
-The training rooms and shooting ranges from the edit
-A Room for each division, so messages can be placed etc
-A Message transport system, like the package box in the current map for the CA but one that goes to each important room. So one for each div room, HC room and other important areas. And there is a hub where messages go to then are put into the right slot.
-More apartments
-More shops
-No more bunkers under the apartments, lolwebles just completely trollolololol with it and its not really helping the rp.
More than 1 tower, 2 would be nice.
-Sniper positions
-An Ammo dispenser in the armory, not guns just the ammo, it would save SO much time and tokens.
-Generator room for GRID RP.
-HC room
-A Gas chamber (Instead of the fire room, i like both but gas is more RP)
-A Contraband room with an incinerator hatch (just put the items in and they burn, i hate shooting it all up)
-Remove the train station lolchair and put a better execution chamber. And some cells there would be nice.
- A NEXUS link between the train station CCA area and the Nexus.

For now i think that is it. Some i know people will say its not useful or just going to be trolled but a CCA unit should be able to RP these things correctly. Anyway, this is my contribution :)

The breaching room was pretty decent, there aren't many places you can train for that sort of thing without being constantly harassed by citizens. The firing range I support keeping for the same reason, but don't give it those useless perma-targets. Let the trainers set up their own system.

Don't give each division its own room just for the sake of having a room. Focus on making functional rooms that are actually practical.
Divisions can then use those rooms as their preferred meeting place or whatever. Just don't designate rooms as the "the Grid room." Like I said before, place the emphasis on the room's function and realistic use. For example, make a medical wing, a vehicle hanger, and a firing center/ armory. Nova can do Nova shit in the medwing, Grid can chill in the hanger, and Apex can hone their leet skills in the armory.

Oh and to send IC messages, use the forums.

Message transport system: Doesn't seem like high priority. Your time and effort would be better invested in developing something else.

More apartments: Not needed. Assigning roommates is what's needed, which would also encourage more passive Citizen RP.

More shops: I remember how the shops in the CWU block never got used. Citizens should be encouraged to explore a bit to find good stuff, don't put all the shops in the plaza.

Bunkers in the apartments: Agreed.

2 towers: For Christ's sake, stop focusing on CCA gimmicks

Sniper postions: You'd use these a few times a month at max. Useless, unnecessary, and just another treat to make the CCA / OTA feel special.

Ammo dispenser: Good idea, those things saved a lot of time.

Generator room: Seems unnecessary. Doesn't contribute to Civvie RP at all. Barely even contributes to CCA RP, only for one division. I'd advise giving this low, low priority.

HC room: Meh, whatever. Just don't focus too much on it. Suggestion- give it a raised platform for a speaker, like on C18. The huge table in the C45_catalyst edit was just annoying.

Contraband Incinerator: Seems useful. Good idea.

Train station checkpoint: Cells would be useful, agreed.

Nexus link from train station to Nexus: Meh, sounds simple enough. Just a tunnel would work, I guess.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Gas chamber
Electric Chair
Solitary confinement
Shooting range
Gman
Snipers Nest
Wesistance hideout

Gas chamber: Unnecessary, just shoot the bastards or RP the gas. This falls into the "gimmick" category for me.
Electric chair: See above.

Solitary confinement: Not a bad idea, seems pretty simple.

Shooting range: Matt suggested the same, see my response

Gman: lol no

Sniper's nest: Matt suggested the same, see my response

Resistance hideout: That's basically all of district 6. If they're skilled enough, they can hide wherever they choose.
o7

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »
I love all these combine ideas because afterall this is combineRP not just CitizenRP or Hl2RP its all about the combine guys. 

No seriously you guys get enough shit, no more candy for you.

Think about the citizens we need shops and CWU need stuff for once lol.  Storage rooms etc etc.  Plaza needs abit of a makeover them 3 shops are dumb.

So plaza shops redone,
More shops added(Like i sugested a store front them them top apartments beside UCH)
Less combine ideas(No more candy for you, if you want more get a box and pretend like i do.)
More CCH Rooms (Trust me its hell in city18)
CWU Living Quarters
Hard Points blocking off CWU HQ and D2 that can be turned on/off by a admin room or inside the Nexus
Train-station Hard point for screaming.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 04:32:46 PM »
I love all these combine ideas because afterall this is combineRP not just CitizenRP or Hl2RP its all about the combine guys. 

Exactly.

This is city roleplay. Focus on the city, not on the Nexus.
o7

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 04:45:56 PM »
The nexus is going to be the last thing I do.

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040

Derek Hampson

Kendra Shawkins

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 06:47:16 PM »
I got a tip off today

My friend, whom knows WAY TOO MUCH about HL2 said in the Leak, that they used phycos, like, people whom are seirously driven the FUCK out of their minds

IE: He thrashes agaisnt his cell with his straight jacket

He claimed that the Combine strapped bombs on em' near a Resistance position, he runs towards them, berserks and exsplodes. I have no idea if this is true, but if it is, have a mental ward

Solitary: Dark, Damp, Kind of small with Iron bars and a thick door thats on hinges. (Like Alcatraz)

Can we have a toilet and maybe sink in the cells? Some passive RP? I'd so love to be crazed in Solitary

Sewers would be nice, I hate to say this but the Sewers in downtown are pretty good, actually.

Shops

A River, want to cross it? Survive the sweeping current and we'll see. Some shops on the river so it feels like New Orleans

The plane from Gm_sky_invaders

Movie Theater with a real video! (Civil Protection Machinma, why not?)

Ok, if you cross the River there should be a feild with some destroyed buldings (Splice out the CWU area and relocate the CWU building, just build up from one of the Vanilla shops) Cross that field, this destroyed field considered S6, there is Resistance gun nests with Mounted Machine guns, if some one abuses them, ban em'. With a RESISTANCE bunker, You must have proof of resistance (IE: Some one can vouch for you, Me, Yuri and Nicknero can vouch for some resistance) I really want a resistance bunker with a gun nest, that'd be SICK! I can put a radio next to it and camp out..

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 03:29:11 PM »
I got a tip off today

My friend, whom knows WAY TOO MUCH about HL2 said in the Leak, that they used phycos, like, people whom are seirously driven the FUCK out of their minds

IE: He thrashes agaisnt his cell with his straight jacket

He claimed that the Combine strapped bombs on em' near a Resistance position, he runs towards them, berserks and exsplodes. I have no idea if this is true, but if it is, have a mental ward

Solitary: Dark, Damp, Kind of small with Iron bars and a thick door thats on hinges. (Like Alcatraz)

Can we have a toilet and maybe sink in the cells? Some passive RP? I'd so love to be crazed in Solitary

Sewers would be nice, I hate to say this but the Sewers in downtown are pretty good, actually.

Shops

A River, want to cross it? Survive the sweeping current and we'll see. Some shops on the river so it feels like New Orleans

The plane from Gm_sky_invaders

Movie Theater with a real video! (Civil Protection Machinma, why not?)

Ok, if you cross the River there should be a feild with some destroyed buldings (Splice out the CWU area and relocate the CWU building, just build up from one of the Vanilla shops) Cross that field, this destroyed field considered S6, there is Resistance gun nests with Mounted Machine guns, if some one abuses them, ban em'. With a RESISTANCE bunker, You must have proof of resistance (IE: Some one can vouch for you, Me, Yuri and Nicknero can vouch for some resistance) I really want a resistance bunker with a gun nest, that'd be SICK! I can put a radio next to it and camp out..

Already have a solitary confinement cell.

No toilet, no sink, deal with it.

No for sewers, it encourages lolwebuling.

Maybe a river, probs not though.

movie theater? lolno

Absolutely no gun nest. No admin on= massive abuse. Possibly a small bunker.

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040

Derek Hampson

Kendra Shawkins

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 06:39:39 PM »
Well, for the nest without the gun it could be a camo mesh with a radio port and weapons slots wtih some sandbags

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 09:50:53 PM »
Well, for the nest without the gun it could be a camo mesh with a radio port and weapons slots wtih some sandbags

Please stop, your not even a combine why should you care.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 10:14:27 PM »

Please stop, your not even a combine why should you care.

Thats for resistance
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:30:47 PM by [={.N.A.L.}=] Renegade Awsome »

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 04:25:36 AM »
The rebels would not have anything the slightest of that in the inner city.

The closest they would have is possibly some sort of underground hiding station for getting refugees out etc.
what

Offline Retro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 11:01:24 PM »
If you need some help, I'm willing, just ask if you want to see some of my good work, or go to the mapping area and have a look at some of my speed mapping topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal