Author Topic: The Mass Effect Thread **SPOILER ALERT**  (Read 6947 times)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Mass Effect Thread **SPOILER ALERT**
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 05:21:03 AM »
First time I played ME1 and then ME2 with imported character, I used no glitches or cheats or whatever at all and everyone survived. It's really easy. All you have to do is all loyalty missions (Doesn't matter how it ends) and all ship upgrades. That's all. Oh yeah, and of course make the right decisions on the suicide mission.

Problem is, if you don't import you simply will not have the Paragon/Renegade to solve the two conflicts without glitching.

You make no sense at all. You don't need full Paragon or Renegade to complete ANY of the loyalty missions. I was only half Paragon when I completed mine, and all my characters survived.
Example of Tali's mission, you have 4 options. One of them requires enough (not even full) Paragon, and one of them requires enough (not even full) Renegade. The 2 other options don't require anything which will still complete the mission and gain her loyalty:

Use Charm or Intimidate to point to Tali's history as proof that she would never betray her people. If Shepard took the time to speak to the Admiralty Board before departing to retake the Alarei, (and thus uncovered the political debates between the admirals over war with the geth), the speech given will focus more on how Tali's trial is being abused to generate political ammunition. Either way, it will generate 30 of the appropriate morality points and the Admiralty Board will exonerate Tali, granting Shepard her loyalty.

Lie and say no evidence was found, gaining 30 Paragon points. Tali is found guilty of treason and exiled from the Migrant Fleet. She has six hours to leave. However, Tali's loyalty is earned.

If Veetor and Kal'Reegar are present and Shepard asked them for their help before leaving for the Alarei, Shepard can rally the crowd. The option is only available if Veetor was returned to the Fleet instead of Cerberus on Freedom's Progress and Kal'Reegar survived Haestrom. They will speak on her behalf and say Tali "did more for the fleet" than the admirals ever will. The admirals are cowed and find Tali not guilty. 30 Paragon points will be awarded. Shepard now has Tali's loyalty. Note that these dialogue options are only available with a very high morality reputation, so if you have allowed Veetor or Kal'Reegar to die, you may wish to wait until you've done more to raise that reputation score before taking this mission on.

Present the evidence of Tali's father's crimes, earning 30 Renegade points. Tali is declared innocent, but her father faces dramatic consequences. He is posthumously exiled and his name is stricken from the rolls on every ship he served. The Migrant Fleet becomes Balkanized, as the public revelation of the data brings simmering tensions to the forefront. Some ships want to use the research to make new weapons against the geth. Others want to make peace with the geth. Tali is angry at what Shepard has wrought and will not be loyal.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:25:37 AM by Nicknero1405 »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline SaoulZod

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 11:59:30 AM »
My playthrough was 100% Renegade at the end. Everyone hates me, everyone died, I was the last aboard a floating hell-hole of a ship...

But it was fun doing it.  Nothing quite like romancing one of the characters to kill her off later in the story. :D The best of companions for me was Jack, though.  Why?  Because she's terrible. It made me actually think.

Infiltrator for life. :)

you ban me for such bad reason u just cant understand the level of depth i roleplay on i am just far better roleplayer than u lol play half life 2 and then come back 2 this server plz
*sigh*
chunkeymonkey79: please get the entire CG community and uproot Saoul and RTLK
Thanks, Chunkey.

Offline vFear?

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 03:22:46 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBHIqOZu2XM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBHIqOZu2XM</a>

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal