Author Topic: Just A Reminder To Resistance RPers  (Read 5814 times)

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Just A Reminder To Resistance RPers
« on: April 18, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
LAMBDA, often seen in it's lower case form, in Half-Life relates to the lab/area of Black Mesa that the resonance cascade happened in. The logo it self did not have any relevance in the city to people unaware of Black Mesa (Other than the rebel outposts relating to the movements started by the main characters in Half-Life 2). Therefore, using the Lambda logo it self in character, without any knowledge from others with authorization to know about it, would be metagame. It is also against authorization rules to request the knowledge. Also, in the game it self, the Black Mesa resistance movements started mainly in City 17, and wasn't well known until Gordon Freeman got involved for a week.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:31:47 PM by [Kai Daniels] [RSO2012] »
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Just A Reminder To Resistance RPers
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 04:57:43 PM »
Well SOMEONE in D6 must know about it, There is a lambda spray over by the D6 apartments. It was made with the map, but hey, I think the admins should let like a certain amount of people know about the lab/black mesa shit because there is a lambda right by teh D6 apartments.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 05:01:07 PM »
People should just rp it as the "Resistance Logo" because that's what it generally is to be honest.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 05:56:20 PM »
There are two characters on outlands who know about Lambada and Black mesa. One more then the other.

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 07:27:52 PM »
Exactly. Which is why nobody should know about it other than them and people THEY'VE told and so on.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 11:42:01 AM »
I love how you associate the symbol with the Resistance (don't get me wrong, it is their little 'symbol'), but it's a Greek letter.

The logo it self did not have any relevance in the city to people unaware of Black Mesa (Other than the rebel outposts relating to the movements started by the main characters in Half-Life 2).

It does have relevance to people as it's used in physics - v=f lambda. Yes, if you use it in some rebel propaganda or some shit it's metagaming, but if I ICly do a physics equation it's also apparently metagaming. I doubt you really need authorisations to know a letter of the Greek alphabet.

*cough* You might want to edit your post and state that the usage of lambda in rebel propaganda is metagaming, rather than usage of it altogether...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:44:42 AM by Lewis »

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 12:49:42 PM »
I love how you associate the symbol with the Resistance (don't get me wrong, it is their little 'symbol'), but it's a Greek letter.

The logo it self did not have any relevance in the city to people unaware of Black Mesa (Other than the rebel outposts relating to the movements started by the main characters in Half-Life 2).

It does have relevance to people as it's used in physics - v=f lambda. Yes, if you use it in some rebel propaganda or some shit it's metagaming, but if I ICly do a physics equation it's also apparently metagaming. I doubt you really need authorisations to know a letter of the Greek alphabet.

*cough* You might want to edit your post and state that the usage of lambda in rebel propaganda is metagaming, rather than usage of it altogether...

In the city. I know that it is used for other things, but I clearly stated it had no relevance in the city. It meant as much as a picture of a hat.
Characters

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 04:06:43 PM »
To be perfectly honest I don't see why this thread is here its a picture get over it, it's not like we are changing the map or anything IMPORTANT.

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 05:52:56 PM »
To be perfectly honest I don't see why this thread is here its a picture get over it, it's not like we are changing the map or anything IMPORTANT.

It's because there are MULTIPLE people that are VERY decent roleplayers, yet they have Lambda Tattoos and spray it on walls and what not after a while, not analyzing the point of the logo it self.
Characters

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »
unless CG has malformed the HL2 timeline it wouldn't be "metagame" to use the lambada symbol, it should just not be used by well behaved citizens and rarely used between anti citizens, any "rebel" that is in "the" resistance would be aware of the symbol, and as "the" rebel groups make contact with smaller resistance pockets towards the Citys they would see and be told about the symbol too

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 07:28:39 AM »
unless CG has malformed the HL2 timeline it wouldn't be "metagame" to use the lambada symbol, it should just not be used by well behaved citizens and rarely used between anti citizens, any "rebel" that is in "the" resistance would be aware of the symbol, and as "the" rebel groups make contact with smaller resistance pockets towards the Citys they would see and be told about the symbol too

Which you must have authorization to know, if you haven't met someone IC that does.

Meaning that HAS to happen before you can use it as a resistance icon.
Characters

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 08:56:43 AM »
If we're going to argue over an orange 32*32/64*64 transparent decal, I think we should be finding better ways to utilise our time.

Nobody in the City knows of Lambda as the Resistance movement. People with physics/science knowledge will obviously know that it's the greek letter for resistance.

Argument settled, yes?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:59:02 AM by OzJackal »

Offline CUBE XE

• Better than a box!
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 06:19:27 PM »
Well crap... So why do all the rebels have it painted on thier armbands (the rebel npcs not the people rp'ing rebels)?
What would a good spray be?
Me sadness....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal