Author Topic: Repair system.  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Repair system.
« on: June 02, 2013, 10:38:57 PM »
Yeah... the system we have now saying only a tow truck driver can repair is just play stupid.  It is like saying you cannot take your car somewhere and pay the person to do it.  I know a lot of you will agree on this.  I think there should a way for the tow truck driver to have the wrench back, yet every time he swings it at a car that is broken, it takes money from your wallet, and if you do not have enough money, it does not completely repair it.  The only way they can have the wrench/spanner is if they are in the tow truck zone where the job is.  Meaning they still tow you there.  There is a way to make it so it gives them the item when they enter the area, and when they leave it strips it.  I have seen this done on other servers so I know it can be done.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:43:10 PM by Bish The Draggity »
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Repair system.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 03:33:32 AM »
Yeah... the system we have now saying only a tow truck driver can repair is just play stupid.  It is like saying you cannot take your car somewhere and pay the person to do it.  I know a lot of you will agree on this.  I think there should a way for the tow truck driver to have the wrench back, yet every time he swings it at a car that is broken, it takes money from your wallet, and if you do not have enough money, it does not completely repair it.  The only way they can have the wrench/spanner is if they are in the tow truck zone where the job is.  Meaning they still tow you there.  There is a way to make it so it gives them the item when they enter the area, and when they leave it strips it.  I have seen this done on other servers so I know it can be done.
Would be a a little more realistic. But i don't see the point of adding a wrench to the tow trucker, only to use it at the Tow Zone? If a wrench was added it should work everywhere(if the car isn't totally broken)(If it's totally broken it should be a NPC at the tow zone). Why not keep it the way it is? It would be unnecessary coding (imo) to make a wrench work in the tow zone, instead of the NPC that is there.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Repair system.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 03:49:06 AM »
Would be a a little more realistic. But i don't see the point of adding a wrench to the tow trucker, only to use it at the Tow Zone? If a wrench was added it should work everywhere(if the car isn't totally broken)(If it's totally broken it should be a NPC at the tow zone). Why not keep it the way it is? It would be unnecessary coding (imo) to make a wrench work in the tow zone, instead of the NPC that is there.
I want to see the npc fased out.  Reason be, more money for the tow truck driver.  And it would probably be more fun.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal