Author Topic: [PROPOSAL] Nightmare in Cyrillic : An RP Concept by Nikolai and Burning Bullet  (Read 7369 times)

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Key Contributors

• Nikolai - Concept Designer and Team Manager
    • Krystal - Head Developer
    • Burning Bullet - Concept Designer
    • YankeeSamurai - Concept Designer
    • Syntax_Error752 - Modeler

Abridged Synopsis

Nightmare in Cyrillic is a proposal for an Open-Aura based roleplay gamemode - the brainchild of Nikolai and Burning Bullet, two experienced members of the roleplay community who know what will and won’t work when creating a new concept. Nightmare in Cyrillic is a concept created with how it could benefit Catalyst Gaming.

Vorteca, Rovkin. Present-day.  A city plaza crowded with men, women, and children, each to their own devices. Two men, casually dressed as to fit in with the common urban attire, step outside a dull office building. One hands the other a cigar. Both begin tapping at their PDAs. All seems normal and tranquil. However, these seemingly normal people have a dangerous secret to hide. They are like us in every way, but they are not of us. Rather, they are from another dimension that parallels our own. It is known as the Realm of Count-Saint Germain.  Supernatural beings from this cryptic dimension  live disguised amongst the common people. Known by the public merely as “Others,” these cosmic  anomalies possess the unimaginable ability to manipulate the very fabric of time and space. They feed on the blood of their mortal brethren. No mortal possesses the ability to stop them.  However,  not all of these beings have malicious intentions for the mortal world. Will these surreptitious beings use their own abilities to feed off of mankind, or will they use their supernatural powers to rescue mankind from the brink of extinction at the hands of their own kin?

Nightmare in Cyrillic essentially takes the common complaints regarding other roleplay gamemodes, in Catalyst Gaming and abroad, and combines those complaints with benefits of some other Catalyst Gaming gamemodes. Something that Burning and I were really worried about when we were coming up with this was what benefit this truly had. As a lot of you know, there's not much for you to do as a citizen in HL2RP, and the UU is essentially the focal point - even though it shouldn't be. In light of that, Burning and I made sure the focal point of this RP gamemode would be the citizen RP.

Double Coexisting Dimensions
    Within the RP, you have two dimensions. Those are mortal reality and the realm of Count-Saint Germain, a dimension which all Others can enter. If anyone, Other or mortal, endures prolonged exposure in the realm, they will die. Others are more vulnerable in the realm of Count-Saint Germain.

Factions

Mortals
    Mortals - humans - live in fear of the Others, and of their government. Citizens often have to carry out their daily deeds with the risk of losing their lives at the hands of Dark Others.

Others
    Others are those of a genetically altered breed of humans. Others have the ability to live in excess of three thousand years. They survive on power vested in them by their patron Count-Saint Germain and the lives of their mortal brethren. There are multiple classifications of Others.

Centurions
    Centurions officially known as <insert cyrillic characters that refuse to be nice little letters>(militsiya) are the law enforcement of the city. Centurions are for the most part corrupt, and they reserve the right to violate the civil rights you don’t have, and basically do what they want. There are some regulations, but for the most part Centurions do not hold back on punishment.

Eidolon Centurion Federalsk
    Eidolon Centurion Federalsk are eidolon others who work as federal liaisons to Centurions. They oversee the handling of others by Centurions and are the law enforcement for the government in the Realm of Count-Saint Germain. Within the Realm of Count-Saint Germain they are considered enemies by the masses, and serve as the opposition to the Blackguard of Count-Saint Germain.

Blackguard of Count-Saint Germain
    Blackguard of Count-Saint Germain is the group of high-grade magicians who live to protect the interests of Count-Saint Germain. They operate in both realms, but mainly reside in the Realm of Count-Saint Germain. They are one of the few peoples that will not suffer death after prolonged exposure to the Realm of Count-Saint Germain.

Guard of Saint Benedict
    Guard of Saint Benedict is the group of high-grade magicians who balance the Blackguard of the Count-Saint Germain and fight them. Saint Benedict is the Catholic saint against sorcery. Members of the Guard are commended and saved from eternal damnation for their efforts to preserve the Catholic religion against the Blackguard of Count-Saint Germain.

Classification of Others
    Others are classified into three groups : Charlatans, Eidolons, and Lightists. Charlatans are magicians of the Dark who wish to end humanity; Eidolons are Others who have pledged their allegiance to the government, in good and bad; Lightists are the enemy of the Charlatans and are there to prevent the Dark from ending humanity.

Flags and Benefits

l flag
    Allows for: Ownership and purchase of melee weapons.
    Obtained by: IC application with militia and OOC approval of certified administrator.

L flag
    Allows for: Sidearms
    Obtained by: IC application with militia and OOC approval of certified administrator.

h flag
    Allows for: Semi-automatic assault and battle rifles.
    Obtained by: IC application with militia, OOC approval of certified administrator, and recommendation from super administrator.

H flag
    Allows for: Automatic assault rifles.
    Obtained by: IC application with militia, OOC approval of super administrator, and recommendation of either (a)another super administrator or (b)two certified administrators.

PET flags
    Allows for: Same as in HL2RP, physgun, tool gun, and the ability to spawn props.
    Obtained by: Forum application or Gold donation.

o flag
    Allows for: Creation of low level Other.
    Obtained by: Forum application, approval by certified administrator after evaluation of knowledge of canon and vampire-esque things.

O flag
    Allows for: Creation of high level Other.
    Obtained by: Forum application, approval of " ", gold member donation

D flag
    Allows for: Driving vehicles.
    Obtained by: IC application with militia, and OOC approval of certified administrator.

YES VEHICLES! The map is going to be fairly big, and there will be vehicles.

Would love for other ideas for flags.

Essentially, this is a work-in-progress either way. This is going to happen here or elsewhere. I would love for this to happen here, and am open to suggestions for changes by all of you.

Some content images to come.[/list]
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 08:09:37 PM by Nikolai »
    Live free or die

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    I did review this a while back, when Nikolai came to me about it, asking if I would take charge of coding.  I think this is a unique idea, focused more on Citizen rp more than anything.  Things like, getting paid to rp working, and your payment being based not on you being there, but the actual quality of this "work", things like clubs and bars have been added, and we look more for citizen interaction with each other than the ever rising conflict between two or three major powers.  Here, we have daily routines, normal people, I mean, its kinda like the ever so famous OCRP, but not focused on DM'ing each other or growing the most weed.

Offline Christopher Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    For any of the developers, I suggest waiting maybe Christmas/New Years to see if Clockwork comes out, very much similar to openAura - but is rescripted. It is a framework, not a full gamemode.

Offline tics

• Developer
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    For any of the developers, I suggest waiting maybe Christmas/New Years to see if Clockwork comes out, very much similar to openAura - but is rescripted. It is a framework, not a full gamemode.

Backdoors. Not gonna bother with Clockwork.
    Live free or die

Offline Christopher Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    You sure about the backdoors? I'm pretty sure Conna ain't gonna hide it in some DLL or something...

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    I still don't entirely get this... ?

Can you give us a backstory?

Offline tics

• Developer
      • View Profile
      • Awards

If you read the second paragraph and following things basically there are Others - vampires, sorcerers, magicians - who live off the power of humans. The Others are divided by allegiance, either to Count-Saint Germain, an evil, sadistic, twisted high level magician, and Saint Benedict, the Catholic saint that protects mortals from sorcery. Essentially by devoting your Otherdom to Saint Benedict he saves you from eternal damnation. Those belonging to Count-Saint Germain are Charlatans, to Saint Benedict - Lightists, and to the government - Eidolons.

Now these Others are like icing on the cake. The main focus of the gamemode is Citizen RP. Essentially, there will be opportunities for you to work an eight hour - forty minutes real time - shifts, in which will be overseen by a member of the Workers' Union, the militia, or an administrator. You don't have to work the entire time, but you only get paid for each completed hour - five minutes. Your pay depends on not only time devoted, but level of roleplay.

When not working, citizens will be able to go to clubs, restaurants and other places of socialization.

Borrowing from Harbor RP, citizens will be able to transport legal and illegal goods from point A to point B. Due to the fact that the city will be pretty big, this is risky when dealing with illegal goods.

I hope this clears that up for you.
    Live free or die

• Kitsune Developer
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
      • View Profile
      • Awards

If you read the second paragraph and following things basically there are Others - vampires, sorcerers, magicians - who live off the power of humans. The Others are divided by allegiance, either to Count-Saint Germain, an evil, sadistic, twisted high level magician, and Saint Benedict, the Catholic saint that protects mortals from sorcery. Essentially by devoting your Otherdom to Saint Benedict he saves you from eternal damnation. Those belonging to Count-Saint Germain are Charlatans, to Saint Benedict - Lightists, and to the government - Eidolons.

Now these Others are like icing on the cake. The main focus of the gamemode is Citizen RP. Essentially, there will be opportunities for you to work an eight hour - forty minutes real time - shifts, in which will be overseen by a member of the Workers' Union, the militia, or an administrator. You don't have to work the entire time, but you only get paid for each completed hour - five minutes. Your pay depends on not only time devoted, but level of roleplay.

When not working, citizens will be able to go to clubs, restaurants and other places of socialization.

Borrowing from Harbor RP, citizens will be able to transport legal and illegal goods from point A to point B. Due to the fact that the city will be pretty big, this is risky when dealing with illegal goods.

I hope this clears that up for you.

I told you someone would ask.

Offline Ghosteh

• Gold Member
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    At first I didn't understand but now I do.

It sounds really fun but exlpain to me, others can be disguised as mortals and work, go to restraunts and clubs?

• Kitsune Developer
    • Gold Member
      • View Profile
      • Awards

It sounds really fun but exlpain to me, others can be disguised as mortals and work, go to restraunts and clubs?

I think so, I dont remember.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    Wait. So is this a suggestion for CG to host?

If so, come back when there is any media is what i would say.
    Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline tics

• Developer
      • View Profile
      • Awards

There's no physical difference between Others and mortals, and if you encounter an Other you probably won't know.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 02:57:31 PM by Nikolai »
    Live free or die

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    As Crap-Head asked,

Is this a suggestion for CG to host it?

Offline tics

• Developer
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    As Crap-Head asked,

Is this a suggestion for CG to host it?
    Wait. So is this a suggestion for CG to host?

If so, come back when there is any media is what i would say.

Not to sound like an ass, but if you read the title and the entire original post you'd know that yes it is a suggestion for this to be hosted here.
    Live free or die

• Kitsune Developer
    • Gold Member
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    I will work on getting images ready then.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 06:09:24 PM by Shirly »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal