Author Topic: My father is dead.  (Read 8315 times)

Offline Checkers

• Cats are cool stuff
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My father is dead.
« on: January 30, 2012, 11:41:20 PM »
 Title explains itself but I don't know how to deal with this. My father was an ass and he constantly abused my mum as well my two younger sisters and me. Should I even feel bad for him? Serious answers only.
I am ded not big surprise.

Offline Swag Squad Leader

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My father is dead.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 11:47:52 PM »
Hes your father, hes the reason that you are alive. Even if he abused your mom, you should still mourn his death. I am very sorry about his death.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:50:11 PM »
I would think that the lose of any life isn't a good thing... But when some one abuses their wife and kids I shed no tears(Not saying that you shouldn't) I think you should sit down and talk with your mother and sisters and sort this out, losing a family member is a hard thing its even harder when they abuse the people that 'love' them.

Personally(Not saying you should do this) I would be strong and help out your sisters and your mother.

I would feel bad how ever because that is a life wasted, but not bad for him just because he is your father.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Jasdahlk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 11:52:48 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear about this, silent.

I know this is probably a sensitive subject, but if you want an answer, I'll try to give you the best one I can.

While it seems your father wasn't the greatest family man (which is a sad thing to hear -- a person's connection to their family is the strongest relationship they have, whether good or bad) it's still a sad thing to hear that another human being has left this world.

Every person in this world has a right to be mourned, even if it's because they didn't get a chance to leave a good impression on the people close to them.

I'm sorry for your loss, silent.

Send me a message some time if you want to chat.
HL2RP Character(s):

John Ark (CID:88210) {} ALIVE {} Adjusting to life in City 45

Gerald Furman (CID: 14500) {} ALIVE {} Waiting for an inteview to join the CWU

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 12:18:37 AM »
You know. I was going to not say anything here because I've never had to suffer through the loss of a family member in the immediate family. However, since I consider you a good friend, i feel i should say something.

Your father may have been violent and abusive, but he probably still loved all of you. Not saying you have to like him or anything but just remember him for the good things. Not the bad. Theres no reason to hate your own father after he has passed. Im no psych or councellor so what im saying might be the wrong words but nevertheless, I listen to people so if you ever want to say anything, you know where to find me.

Best of luck to you in these times Skyler.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 07:11:04 AM »
Mourn his loss but remember, you're not a bad person for not feeling sad about his death. You can't help the way you feel so don't feel too bad about things you have no control over, especially when it comes to emotions.

I sincerely wish you and your family luck and happiness for the future.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 11:06:51 AM »
 If it wasn't for your father, you wouldn't be alive. Better yet, the actions that he made doesn't mean that you should hate him.

As my mother says, "if you hate someone, don't hate them but say that you don't LIKE them."

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 03:35:19 PM »
Skyler, I cannot say much, but you are a good friend and I want to help so this is how I would take it:

I would cherish the good times you had with him, even if he was abusive and all he is your dad, and you only get one of those. I have had about three stepdads, but I cannot bring myself to call them dad, they are just not and thats the truth. Cherish the moments and try to forget all of the bad parts and focus on what made him your dad, and how he brought you up in the right ways.

Anyway, I hope to see you soon and I hope you are feeling better when I do
LUV YAS!
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 08:20:59 PM »
Well, whether you like him or hate him, there's one thing I guarantee will make you better in the long run.

Forgive him for his abuses. What he's done to the family over a long course of time has probably left scars that willll take time AND forgiveness to heal.

Offline Checkers

• Cats are cool stuff
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 10:42:26 PM »
I get what you guys are saying but he din't just beat us. He raped my little sister and locked my other sis in a closet for two days. He constantly sexually harassed me. Raped and beat my mother.  He also beat me and my sisters and made us do unspeakable things to each other. He never work, we all had to get part time jobs. At times I would take my mum and sisters to motels to get away from him. And finally he would threaten my mum and he said if she ever divorced him he would kill us all. I'm sorry but I'm crying here on Fisk's shoulder and I don't know what to do.
I am ded not big surprise.

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 12:04:36 AM »
Silent, Both you and your whole family need to get professional help.
Nothing that any one here has gone through can come pare to what he did.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 04:15:21 PM »
 Silent, you should've called the Police or SWAT and let them deal with it or defend yourself, atleast stab him with a kitchen knife or get a rifle in the shed. Sadly, it is too late. You knew what was going to happen and you couldn't stop it. You shouldn't forgive him at all for what he done.

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 04:53:04 PM »
Silent, you should've called the Police or SWAT and let them deal with it or defend yourself, atleast stab him with a kitchen knife or get a rifle in the shed. Sadly, it is too late. You knew what was going to happen and you couldn't stop it. You shouldn't forgive him at all for what he done.
You haven't been in that situation have you?
There more mentality to it than most people realize...
Also this might have been a whole mental issue that was never properly addressed one of my dads best friends and my guitar mentor was killed by a kid who is paranoid and attention seeking, or all of this in his sick mind was him thinking this meant that he was showing his love(Fucked up I know.)

As I will address again get mental help for you and your family I cannot stress this enough, my mom was abused by her ex(Not my father thank god) and she has some issues(nothing I want to state here) And all he did was hit her nothing as close as what your father did.

Also TMS it isn't easy causing major harm/killing some one who you know.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »
 I don't need mental health. I know what I am doing, everyone has there own opinions about negative and positive criticism. Go on YouTube for example, you see all the people hating eachothers nations?

Skyler, forgive your father for what he has done. I am sorry about that last post, I was too stupid enough to say that and I feel guilty.

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 12:09:44 PM »
I don't need mental health. I know what I am doing, everyone has there own opinions about negative and positive criticism. Go on YouTube for example, you see all the people hating eachothers nations?

Skyler, forgive your father for what he has done. I am sorry about that last post, I was too stupid enough to say that and I feel guilty.
I wasn't saying that you need mental help I was telling skyler because I have seen the effect of abuse semi-first hand(Wasn't alive when it happened but she's still semi-messed up now).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal