Author Topic: Royal Wedding  (Read 8088 times)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Royal Wedding
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 07:52:15 AM »
And not a single fuck was given that day.

Pretty much this. Why do people not from the UK even give a fuck about a wedding happening in the UK?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 07:57:20 AM »
Ok, let me clear this up.

First of all, the reason why the royal family is a big deal, is because the world was influenced by Britain in some way or another.

For example, English is seen as an "international" language.

The royal family plays a part, making state visits, being head of countries.

Obviously those who go "Hurr durr they dont hav power anymoar", or "We r not from britun we shud not care!!11!1!!" are uneducated and completely retarded. (Not going to point fingers at anyone here).

The royal family are also the main thing why the UK is a good place to go to for a holiday, the royal family got us quite a lot of money, which the wedding further brings in more money for the country, despite it was done through tax, it makes our country a hot spot for tourism at that day.

Many people underestimate on how powerful the royal family is, they have their say in politics, the army swears to oath to defend the interests for the Queen / king.

Sure, you don't have to care about the royal family, but when people say that they're unimportant, then they really need to educate themselves before they actually decide.

Anyways, I watched the royal wedding (Not all of it, obviously), both on TV then on YouTube, it was good, the day was indeed important for us, I wish them well and hope they will serve well for the country and the commonwealth.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 07:59:59 AM by Journeyman H. [UK] »
Clearly racist.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 11:02:12 AM »
Ok, let me clear this up.

First of all, the reason why the royal family is a big deal, is because the world was influenced by Britain in some way or another.

For example, English is seen as an "international" language.

The royal family plays a part, making state visits, being head of countries.

Obviously those who go "Hurr durr they dont hav power anymoar", or "We r not from britun we shud not care!!11!1!!" are uneducated and completely retarded. (Not going to point fingers at anyone here).

The royal family are also the main thing why the UK is a good place to go to for a holiday, the royal family got us quite a lot of money, which the wedding further brings in more money for the country, despite it was done through tax, it makes our country a hot spot for tourism at that day.

Many people underestimate on how powerful the royal family is, they have their say in politics, the army swears to oath to defend the interests for the Queen / king.

Sure, you don't have to care about the royal family, but when people say that they're unimportant, then they really need to educate themselves before they actually decide.

Anyways, I watched the royal wedding (Not all of it, obviously), both on TV then on YouTube, it was good, the day was indeed important for us, I wish them well and hope they will serve well for the country and the commonwealth.
I care for them, think of Obama the Presidents wife becoming the president after they got married, something like that.

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 07:49:26 PM »
I legitimately do not care about the Royal Wedding as much as you want me to. It's not affecting me right now, not big surprise.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal