Author Topic: Project Renovate  (Read 5029 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Project Renovate
« on: April 06, 2013, 01:49:01 PM »
Hello, hello!

I had thought of this yesterday and was meaning to post it bu it slipped my mind. But yes, here it is. CG has had the very same forum layout/skin for as long as I have been with you guys which would be early August of 2011. It's been the same white red and black. Now mind you, I don't mind it in the slightest and have always liked it but I personally feel a little something different would be very nice. A little pace outside the norm so to speak. This is of course a totally useless and unnecessary change but I think it would be nice for the sake of aesthetics, yes?

A new forum skin/layout is what I suggest, so people of CG, pls 2 discuss! I shall post some reference pictures I thought looked nice.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline ReconPWN??????

• Reconfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Project Renovate
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 02:14:53 PM »
I think it's completely fine the way it is and doesn't look like the tacky small start up communities that are litterally everywhere

Offline Left 2 Die

• lel
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 02:41:31 PM »
Most of these aren't from SMF. Switching to a whole other forum application would be too much work for just a nice skin. Plus most of those you listed need a license that are over 100 dollars. Our current skin is great for SMF.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 02:43:56 PM »
Most of those themes look like ass imo, SMF has plenty of nice ones, dunno why anyone picked the dsv4 by dziner, it's literally the worst one

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 03:19:44 PM »
Again, not actual ones I'm suggesting, but they are just examples I pulled on google images of different forum skins.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 03:29:22 PM »
I like the layout right now. Maybe a fancy header or background could make things a bit more interesting, but other then that, keep it the way it is.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 03:51:20 PM »
I like this one we have now. Can we just keep it the same?

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 06:27:25 PM »
Only thing I would change is the header. Could do a better image, but thats about it. This theme fits CG. And as Smt said, the rest look like utter shit.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 06:59:36 PM »
And as Smt said, the rest look like utter shit.

He said quite the opposite.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 07:03:04 PM »
Personally I like the current, It's simple and easy on the eyes. Nothing I've seen looks like an improvement of the current layout in my personal opinion.

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 08:11:42 PM »
if you wanted to change the forum layout you could of at least picked some ones that aren't disgusting because all of them make me want to cry

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 05:19:24 AM »
And as Smt said, the rest look like utter shit.

He said quite the opposite.
Most of those themes look like ass imo

Ass, shit. Same thing.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 08:09:11 PM »
I think it would be nice if the white on the for the main color of the pages such as these you are looking at, should be lowered to a flat gray, with the lined red like on hrp around it.  Make it look abit nicer.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 09:49:56 PM »
In order for us to do this, we would definitely need an SMF theme to work with. We're not switching to another host as that's way out of question. Messing around with the theme can also be a pain because sometimes things you "think" would look good actually don't turn out to be. Turning the white on the theme right now to grey would make things look a lot less "professional" in my eyes.

We'd need something good to start with, then people willing to spill in suggestions to improve it from it's standard form.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal