Author Topic: Devan McGullen's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Devan McGullen's Civil Authority Application
« on: December 08, 2011, 09:31:58 PM »
Devan McGullen's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: =ExG= Sexy Frog

IC Character Name: Devan McGullen

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Devan McGullen had been the son of a multi-billionaire who owned a corporation in Aberdeen, Scotland. After giving birth to Devan, his mother had passed and was left with a busy business father who did his best to educate, care for, and love his son. Devan was showered with gifts and his father eventually decided his sons fate for him dictating that he would pursue the field of trade just like his old man, and from an early age conditioned him to be obedient to whomever lead and put him in prestigious schools near where they lived. Devan had tried his best to be a loyal and near spitting image of the soulless robotic obeying machine of a son his father fantasized of.
Eventually during his middle school years he became more social and outgoing now that he was actually making friends and some of his friends had been bad influences. His social life consumed his studious life causing Devan’s grades to slip daily and his father feared he would lose his dream child if it persisted. Devan’s father came to his school that day and withdrew him, making a rather large and unnecessary scene on how his father was “saving him from the delinquents of this barbaric place and taking him home to be safe”. Devan complied as his conditioning swayed his decisions just as his father intended it to since Devan was a whelp.  
Devan was home schooled by a teacher that Mr. McGullen had hired from Cambridge University to teach his fifteen year old son everything he needed to know for his predetermined future in business. As years passed Devan worked as the manager of his father’s billions as managed them responsibly and as directed by his father but deep inside Devan longed to strive for the medical field….he wanted to help people and make an name for himself in the word and not be trapped in his father’s shadow, but such a day would never come. When his father fell ill with both terminal and inoperable brain cancer Devan took over the business and ran it even better than his father did but with much less than half the joy. Although his father had been a dictator in his life Devan always visited him when he could.
Finally the day came when his father passed and he was left alone in the world, his misery nearly drove the company into the ground and he made the decision to hand it over to someone more capable of running it to save his father’s work. When he was about to sign the papers her war that lasted so few hours broke out and Devan had to flee. Half way to the next city, Devan was captured and sent to City 45 where again, due to his accursed conditioning took to being a loyalist immediately. Now, after obtaining his needed loyalist points and loyalist band he waits for his applications feed back.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Obidient, loyal, willing to prove self, eager to help the Union

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Honestly, I have an oh-one unit in the CCA already, I know what to expect there but as far as my character goes, he is clueless. I expect for him it will be a challenge and I expect that higher up will put him to the test. Should he fail at his tasks he would most likely be disserviced and maybe even be off world relocated if he screws up bad enough.

Devan McGullen is a loyal man due to his fathers conditioning so as far as orders, no matter how much hates what he has to do, he will do it. However for me, even though I know what to expect and have a high ranking unit I will be sure not to act like a hardass cause I know the do's and don't of HL2rp. Being a hardass recruit with a man who has no experiance in violence what so ever is a total no no.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Devan McGullen had been the son of a well known business figure head in his homeland of Scotland in the city of Aberdeen. His mother had passed while giving birth and left him alone with his father who did his greatest to keep Devan out of trouble and shape into a great man so that one day he would take over the business and make it better than ever. His father showered him with gifts at an early age and practically raised him to be entirely obedient and a respectable young boy. At the age of thirteen, Devan had been a model student attending a prestigious private middle school in Aberdeen known at Trinity Lutheran middle school. He mastered many of the skills taught there at the beginning of the school year but as he began to become more social his father feared that he would be influenced by his friends to make poor choices and Devans social life actually did display these actions his grades began to slip from A’s to B’s and then even as far as D’s and C’s. Devan’s father withdrew him from the school and hired a private teacher to teach Devan all he needed to know about business and the profession that his father was in. Devan had not been too happy with this but due to his early conditioning, every bone in his body, every fiber of his being screamed for him to obey, and so he did.
He continued to grow and learn the tricks of the trade as it were and became a fine asset to his father’s fortune as he began to work as a treasurer and manage the flow of funds. As the years passed, Devan turned twenty and his father had fallen gravely ill, but Devan had no time to grieve due to the Mega Corporation he had to run but during the small time he did have, he snuck to visit his father. Then finally the day had come, he had been contacted by the doctor in Intensive Care and was told of his father’s soon to be fate and he rushed over. As he ran to his father’s side the heart monitor had steadily been beeping faster and faster. He stood beside his father’s deathbed and kneeled grasping his hand as his father looked deep into Devan’s eyes and sputtered out the words that still ring in his head to this day, “Son, you have made an old man proud….carry on my legacy…” and then the heart monitor faded into a steady flat line. Devan simply bowed his head and balled his fists tightly, hot tears streaming from his face to the hospital floor as all seemed to be enveloped in gray for him. In the three years that followed, Devan had grown weary of his job as the CEO of his late father’s business and chose a predecessor to take his place when he retired.
The day had been long and dull for him; it was finally his last day within the halls of the corporation his father built from the ground as he was to hand it over to more able hands, as he was about to sign the contract that legally gave the business up, everything went wrong. Portals began to open around Aberdeen and made headline news as creatures of unimaginable proportions and variety flowed onto Earth from a place unknown and began killing everything in their wake, giant three legged tan creatures strode about that leveled entire buildings and smaller blue ones hunted people down like animals shooting explosive projectiles about. As Devan watched from the top floor of his building, the TV behind him went an about an alien invasion and the horrors being witnessed on the streets. He was rushed to safety by security and ran to the city outskirts to escape the violence; the city was enveloped in complete pandemonium as the screams, gun fire and explosions echoed for miles. Eventually after a long time of running, fate caught up with Devan as he was captured! He was shipped to City 45 where he was expected to live and be a model citizen and do as told, of course this came natural to him as it was how he was raised to be from the beginning. He always did what CCA units told him to do and did much to help the Union from cleaning to reporting anti-civil propaganda and contraband and this eventually enabled him to go about collecting his valued loyalist points. The day came that he was cleaning the Nexus entrance pillars and after much hard work he got them to shine, where a unit came out and nodded and told him to apply in the usual heavily vocoded voice in which Devan complied. “One loyalist point added, citizen.” The unit called and then looked closely at his datapad to see Devan had achieved five points and dug in his satchel to pull out a loyalist band and gave it to Devan saying, “Wear it with pride.” Devan smiled and fastened the band to his right leg, he decided to submit his application first thing in the morning to further help the Union. Finally, he had found purpose again!

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Yes I have, APEX-01.211 is not removed she is still as alive as ever, I simply am character whore who wants another unit to go NOVA but doesn't want my only unit to go back to being oh-four.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Since my seventh grade year, I'm in ninth now.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Since my eighth grade year.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Also eighth grade since HL2rp was my first serious RP experiance.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time

5. In what country do you live?
USA

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
By far my most memorable RP experiance is between an experiance I had here in our very own Catalyst-Gaming and one I had in NecropolisRP. The one in Catalyst was when I was on 211 and we had a report of a homocide in the UCH, I had two recruits patroling with me at the time and we answered, reporting it to the HC. Long story short, the murderer was a homocidal 10-103M who cut a man in half, wrote demonic symbols on the wall in the mans blood and was crawling on the floor and stuff and screaming "DIE DIE DIE!" I was in the firing squad that amputated her and it. Was. Horrifying!

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
I have to be, if not I get yelled at IRL. So yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Devan McGullen
CID: 85326
Height: 6 foot 0 inches
Hair Colour Dirty blonde
Eye Colour: One eye green the other is blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 120
Mental Distinctions: Economical Mindset
Mental Defects: Still saddened by death of father
Mental Advantages: Knowledge of trading, sharp, sliver tongue, obedient
Notable Qualities: Willing to obey and serve the Union to the letter.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No sir, not once.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
When ever distributed.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, the Union is all I have left.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, any wrong I or someone under my command does is entirely my fault.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
My life for the Union!

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I have nothing else since my father died years ago, I want to be usefull again. I have always been a good man and one who listens to everything I am told to do. I want to use my skills that I have obtained over the years to help society, the Union, my fellow units, and humanity.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Devan McGullen hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Devan McGullen's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 08:23:20 AM »
UNIT: 562
DIVISION: NOVA
CLEARANCE: OFFICER
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Devan McGullen>
Citizen Identification Number: 85326

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <C45.CCA.NOVA-OfC.562>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Devan McGullen's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 06:44:09 PM »
UNIT: 522
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...