Author Topic: The Half Life Saga.  (Read 8968 times)

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Half Life Saga.
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 11:36:02 AM »
Also, the only person in the entirety of Half-Life 2 to mention the memory loss is the guy in the trainstation, so that's probably not fact either.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 11:39:07 AM »
Skimmed through the thread, dunno if it's been mentioned, but

THEY DIDN'T KILL CHILDREN OR BABIES. THEY INVADED IN 200-, AND YOU PLAY HL2 IN 202-, WHY DO YOU THINK THERE ARE TWENTY-YEAR OLD LOOKING PEOPLE THERE?!
You do realize they did,right? People under a certain age were amputated and could not be spared, for any reason.

Do you mean in the CG Canon or the HL2 canon? If you mean CG, who cares, if you mean HL2, you've very, very wrong. Notice the people who look in their twenties. There is absolutely nothing to suggest all the children were amputated, bar that screaming at the swings, which just highlights the absence of children due to the supression field. The Combine would also have gained nothing but more problems from amputating children.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2012, 11:53:34 AM »
Also, the only person in the entirety of Half-Life 2 to mention the memory loss is the guy in the trainstation, so that's probably not fact either.

That's because it's a video game, not a story book. The majority of people buy HL2 because they want to get a gun and shoot at things, not to listen to a story about aliens invading the earth. Valve focused Half-Life 2 on the shooting part, but still put a nice story in for the real fans.
game over

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 12:02:33 PM »
We should just make our own damn apocalypse oppression story and make a rp out of it. Anyone down? Im thinking one communist country taking control of the world with their military and putting humans into slave work like industries and some resistance groups in the wilderness. Not nuclear kill all life apocalypse. We could even incorperate some hunger games shit into it.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2012, 06:24:29 PM »
Sounds like a good idea, Statua - I'd be willing to help out.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2012, 06:38:33 PM »
@Statua: I was working on that for a while. I had some good ideas and code and shit but everyone I told seemed not the least bit interested.

@Psydog: Wrong. Half-Life 2 was very much designed to be rich in story, you can just very easily miss it. I've spent so long looking into it that the game has a very strong emotional impact on me and it's clear, and been stated before by Valve many times, that the story is definitely there, you just have to look for it. Everything that was done was done for a reason. Why do you think Half-Life 2 is regarded as one of the biggest masterpieces in modern gaming?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal