Author Topic: The Half Life Saga.  (Read 8969 times)

Offline Forgotten

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Half Life Saga.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 04:10:29 PM »
So the Overwatch is made up of humans?

This was good to read, very detailed and showed how the HalfLife and Portal stories ran in parallel, which I had always wondered about.
Agreed, I myself learned quite a bit.
Characters: Derek Boone (Alive)
Current Location: Union Civil Housing
Affiliation: Loyalist

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 11:22:30 AM »
I never thought of Overwatch to be humans. Thanks for the information.

Don't mention it.

Damn, and I thought I knew everything regarding the HL2 Cannon already. This is both disappointing and great at the same time. Nevertheless, thanks for the great reading and source!

Pleasure to be of service.

I remember reading a "critic" review on gamespot about half-life 2 saying that it is "a fun game, but the storyline is lacking".

:v

Quote from: http://www.gamespot.com/half-life-2/reviews/half-life-2-review-6113062/
Well, it's time to forget about that, because Half-Life 2 has arrived. And, in many ways, this big-budget sequel does what it sets out to do: Half-Life 2 is a technically amazing, sharply honed first-person shooter that pulls all the tricks that made Half-Life such a beloved experience. With that said, many of those tricks feel more than a bit familiar now, and the game itself is saddled with a disappointing story. Still, that doesn't stop Half-Life 2 from being a very impressive and engaging shooter, and a faithful follow-up to one of the greatest PC games of all time.

y u no play the game, gamespot!!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:33:19 AM by Psycho »
game over

Offline UnKuT

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 12:15:56 PM »
Well I lost hope in gamespot a long time ago, for the same reason that critic and others were written 8)
Subject: Dexter Sunderland, Male
Assignment: Maintain the personal safety of key Resistance members

Offline JerkyNero

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 08:43:49 PM »
Finally, some people think everything on that page is real. But one thing that confuses me is the dates of Portal. Other than that, I find the Gman theory very interesting from the author of that page.

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 10:10:01 AM »
The thing is, how do people know all of this? I know newspapers and some props give a little hint of the past, but this is WAY too much information to dissolve in just 3 games (HL2, EP1, EP2) it just sounds like nerdstories
For gaming videos, such as Minecraft, Half Life, Black Mesa, and Spore, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelDuh?feature=mhee

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 05:36:26 AM »
A lot of the information is 'fan fiction' (not nerd stories) thats based off hl2 beta and decided through logical reasoning. No its not official but its what everyone goes by and thats that. Without this info, hl2rp gmod wide would be a huge shitshow of fighting over what did what and why.

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 08:39:16 AM »
OHHHHHHHHH! Well that makes more sense. I always thought that everything in Half Life Saga Fiction was all conducted by the developers of the Half Life Continuum itself. Thanks a bunch for clearing this up for me.
For gaming videos, such as Minecraft, Half Life, Black Mesa, and Spore, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelDuh?feature=mhee

Offline Syphon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 12:39:48 AM »
Haha, I'm proud to say that I already knew all of this, but it was still a great read to re-freshen my memory. Reading about half-life always makes me rediscover how epic it truly is.

Valve truly made a masterpiece.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 10:20:10 AM »
Skimmed through the thread, dunno if it's been mentioned, but

THEY DIDN'T KILL CHILDREN OR BABIES. THEY INVADED IN 200-, AND YOU PLAY HL2 IN 202-, WHY DO YOU THINK THERE ARE TWENTY-YEAR OLD LOOKING PEOPLE THERE?!

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 11:23:54 AM »

THEY DIDN'T KILL CHILDREN OR BABIES. THEY INVADED IN 200-, AND YOU PLAY HL2 IN 202-, WHY DO YOU THINK THERE ARE TWENTY-YEAR OLD LOOKING PEOPLE THERE?!
You do realize they did,right? People under a certain age were amputated and could not be spared, for any reason.
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline Dragon Dildo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 12:00:05 PM »

Christ, why do you guys always get the timeline wrong. According to our canon, the Combine invaded in 2015 and the RP takes place in 2016. It's simple as that, keep those two years in mind and you'll be fine.
HL2RP Characters
Jim Boyle - Obeying the Combine in City
Marcus Nicholson - Getting used to City
Heikki Savolainen - Relaxing in D6.
Cliff Westburgh - Hunting rats in D6.
Chandler Hetfield (Outlands) - Trying to find his bearings.
Joey Geller (Outlands) - Sitting in the clinic with his left leg broken.

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 04:47:42 AM »
We must also remember those portal storms, I don't know about you but head crabs and other xen creatures materializing any where don't help those baby survival rates. Though we can assume it only really hampered them and couldn't really be a big dent in baby population lol.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 05:47:31 AM »
The Combine's ultimate purpose is to convert all of humanity into stalkers, and all of the vortigaunts into the slaves they were before Gordon freed them.More important minds are taken to Nova Prospekt, where they are stored in containment and experimented on - the Combine want to get as much knowledge out of humanity as they can before they destroy it. All of these things are leading to a drastic change in the purpose of humanity - it is about to become a slave race.

LMAO this shit is so wrong.

The whole point of the ration chemicals to cause memory loss is for humanity to eventually forget that the Combine invaded and defeated them in a 7 hour war to the point where they can be indoctrinated into the rest of the Universal Union/Combine, like all the other sentient races you've seen in Hl2 that have been modified with synthetic changes (eg striders and gunships are both organic creatures that have been extensively modified, much like overwatch soldiers)

Finally, the Combine begin to drain Earth's oceans. These tasks show that the Combine are preparing Earth for new residents.

actually its because its the valve team trying to be symbolic of the fact that the combine are drilling earth out of all its resources, including water xxxxxxxxxx

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 11:18:10 AM »

Christ, why do you guys always get the timeline wrong. According to our canon, the Combine invaded in 2015 and the RP takes place in 2016. It's simple as that, keep those two years in mind and you'll be fine.

It's nothing to do with our canon, it's something people seem to think is part of the actual canon.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »
The Combine's ultimate purpose is to convert all of humanity into stalkers, and all of the vortigaunts into the slaves they were before Gordon freed them.More important minds are taken to Nova Prospekt, where they are stored in containment and experimented on - the Combine want to get as much knowledge out of humanity as they can before they destroy it. All of these things are leading to a drastic change in the purpose of humanity - it is about to become a slave race.

LMAO this shit is so wrong.

The whole point of the ration chemicals to cause memory loss is for humanity to eventually forget that the Combine invaded and defeated them in a 7 hour war to the point where they can be indoctrinated into the rest of the Universal Union/Combine, like all the other sentient races you've seen in Hl2 that have been modified with synthetic changes (eg striders and gunships are both organic creatures that have been extensively modified, much like overwatch soldiers)

Finally, the Combine begin to drain Earth's oceans. These tasks show that the Combine are preparing Earth for new residents.

actually its because its the valve team trying to be symbolic of the fact that the combine are drilling earth out of all its resources, including water xxxxxxxxxx

well sir, this website shows the ACTUAL REAL HALF LIFE canon. not the skewered fucked up catalyst canon. so yes it is correct.
game over

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal