Author Topic: Jake Mcflat's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1286 times)

Offline The Eneeemy

• View Profile
    • Awards
Jake Mcflat's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 09, 2014, 11:13:44 AM »
Jake Mcflat's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: The Eneeemy

IC Character Name: Jake Mcflat

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
I was driven to join the Combine Civil Authority mainly because I thought it would be a fun job for me and I would love to put down situations in which people are being uncivilized and are breaking the laws.It would also be neat to see what the Combines POV is on these servers.

I also wish to have fun with the other Combine Officers incase a rebellion happens or riots or firefights etc,. Also it would be neat to go on searches,patrols, even attempt to put down a case in which a man thought he was a Greek god (a funny thing that happened on the server once)

I also wish to join because of the sleekish outfits and nice weaponry incase of any rebellions. It would also be fun to participate in events like, big shakedowns, or even rebellions (as mentioned before)

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
My character is lawful, focuses on the duty of the Combine, and will keep everything in order.He is also a trustworthy character.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I expect the Combine Civil Authority to be a fun thing for me (IRL). My character will also be looking forward to the lawful events and well cared troops. For me I would just love to patrol and search and fight (if necessary). For my character he would love to destroy (r arrest)traitorous civilians that do not see the order in Combine.

I also expect everyone to be nice, and fair while being an officer. Aswell as fun events. (If) I do join the combine I would love to guard, and see what a Nexus looks like. My character would also just love to see the fellow officers stand alongside him

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Jake Mcflat was arriving in C18 after he was moved from C17 to C18. Jake also wanted to enjoy the new life in C18 whenever he was moved their. He also wanted to star his new business their in which he would sell his decorative gnomes. All that changed when he saw the positioning to be part of the Combine forces. He would immediately join when he had a strange flashback of his earlier life before the Seven-Hour War. He had worked as a scientist in the Aperture Science Enrichment center. He loved to work with his buddy Doug. He hoped Doug survived all of this stuff. Jake left Aperture Science and began to work as a Science teacher. The 7 hour war started whenever he was teaching everyone about gel. He wondered where every child went after all this mess... During the 7 hour war he enlisted in the reserves to help fight back against the invasion and remembered every one of his squad mates dieting from an explosion from a strider cannon and everyone dieting and disintegrating  into thin air...everyone screaming... and...and.. All of sudden he flashes back out of the flashback and remembers he was going to join the Combine. then he flashes back in and remembers everyone dieting..his wife..his dog... the crazy child who said the gnomes were alive and his giant friend... Then remembers 6 hours before the combine would win these strange alien creatures jumped on everyones heads and turned them into zombies... And then the final hour the giant striders began destroying everything and the Cities were being built. And then he hated them so much he just wanted to..! Jake gets hit in the head with a stunstick and forest everything he just remembered. He then goes on to join the combine.

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
N/A

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
It was mainly DarRp but I then tried Serious RP. So probably DarkRp 3 weeks.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
This server was my first SRP server.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
For about 6 days..

4. What Time zone are you in?
Middle

5. In what country do you live?
America

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
It was when I was on this server I saw a guy pretending to be a greek god then getting executed by a pistol.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Mediocre

IC Section

Full Name: Jake Mcflat
CID: 10010
Height: 6 foot 2 inches
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 132
Mental Distinctions: Has flashbacks of the 7 hour war but then forgets them.
Mental Defects: Sometimes will forget what he is doing even now and then.
Mental Advantages: Can strategize if he has a detailed map of the area he is in.
Notable Qualities: Is a great aim and distraction

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
To maintain order and civil authority.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Jake Mcflat hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:20:35 AM by The Eneeemy »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jake Mcflat's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 01:16:43 PM »
I have no right to accept/deny applications, but this one simply won't be accepted for the following reasons:
    • You must have a minimum of 10 constructive posts on the forums.
    • You must have been a member of Catalyst Gaming for a minimum of one full week.
    • OOC Question One is too short.  It must be three paragraphs of at least three sentences each in length.
    • The answer to OOC Question Two seems a bit generic, like you took the suggestions given and made them your own.
    • OOC Question Three is too short.  It must be two paragraphs of at least three sentences each in length.
    • OOC Question Four has multiple problems:
      • I don't think this is stated, but we had a rule before that your character could not have been a member of Black Mesa or Aperture Science.
      • How did your character receive training in the reserves DURING the Seven Hour War?
      • If your character is going to have military experience, you are going to need to really flesh those out and explain exactly what those capabilities are and why he wasn't picked up and conscripted by the Combine after the Seven Hour War.

EDIT:  I'm having too many problems trying to edit this post, so I'll just type this out instead of putting it in a list.  Your character's age is much too young to be able to do any of the things your back story says he did.  This server is set four years after the Seven Hour War, meaning your character, who is 17 years old as of now, was 13 years old during the war.  How was he able to get a job as a scientist, teach an unknown field/level of science, and then enlist in the military reserves all by the time he was 13?  You also need authorization from a HL2RP admin if you wish to make a character that was under the age of 18 during the Seven Hour War.  This application needs a lot of work and you need to really take your time to think these things out.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 02:49:07 PM by Hazard Time »

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jake Mcflat's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 03:14:19 PM »
Denied for the following reasons:

-You require a minimum post count of 10

Please re-apply no earlier than 16/03/2014 (16th March 2014)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal