Author Topic: Sam Shipman.'s Metropolice Force Application  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Samdo

• View Profile
    • Awards
Sam Shipman.'s Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 08, 2014, 03:28:33 AM »
Sam Shipman.'s Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: Samdo123

IC Character Name: Sam Shipman.

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
My character wishes to join the CCA or MPF to help keep the peace and order that was set up by the UU. He feels he is not in anyway helpful to the UU while serving as only a citizen. He admires the UU and the MPF, and respects them without fault.
 My character feels that they are the only ones capable of protecting the world for the dangers of the world. The cause to my character wanting to join the CCA or the MPF is his original communist disciplinary upbringing. And he has began to fully admire the position of the CCA/MPF and wishes to join their ranks and feel the full glory they do.
He also understands that the only way to be of equal to higher members of the Universal Union is to be in a position of power. He knows that even loyalists of the CWU are seen as the subordinates. He also thinks that it will be a good use of his free time to deal with the disrespecting, rioting, or anticitizens within City 18.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
1. Lawful
2. Disciplined
3. Blunt
4. Respecting

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Sam is wanting to join the MPF to helping the UU in anyway he can. Because over his time of living with them he has began to respect them, and has seem them much like he saw the communistic government of his childhood. And he feels that the best way to do it is by helping teach the unrespective citizens how to behave and work with the Universal Union.

He is expecting to remain as a lower rank within the MPF and treat the undeserving citizens as such. But while treating the loyalists and the people who respect the UU as humanely as possible. He will also never talk back to his superiors and follow every command to the letter.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Sam Shipman was born in Mienberg Germany and was raised a a fairly normal East German child. He was taught basic communistic ideals and to trust the people who were in charge. He continued to live in the DDR till the fall of the Berlin wall in 1991. He then moved to Berlin to go to highschool and hopefully get an education that would get him into secondary school. He finished his basic school then went to Moscow to attend the University of Moscow to get his international recognition for a P.h.D in Virology. He attended the university and was getting all of his things packed up in preparation to head home.

Then a large explosion was heard, he rushed to his window to find the entire world to seemingly be engulfed in war in the matter of seconds. He saw men in all black with what appeared to be gas masks shooting at the Russian soldiers in the street. How had he missed this? He didnt have time to think about it before a rocket came hurtling towards his dorm room. It impacted with the side of the wall next to the window and completely removed the wall from its position. He had suffered major injuries to his head and fell unconscious. But not before feeling the entire effect of falling from two stories and most likely breaking a majority of his major bones.

He woke up some time later. His arms were strapped to a medical gurney, and he had an IV in his arm. He looked around and he appeared to be in a normal hospital. The plane white walls and the bright lights added to a creepy effect, much like that of a horror movie. He looked to his left and saw the tube of the IV injecting a brown liquid into his arm. He began to lose consciousness. When we woke up he was unhooked and laying in the back of a train car. He was wearing a plain dark blue jumpsuit and was seemingly in better health then before. All of his limbs had been repaired, and he generally felt well. He quickly stood up and began to examine the car he was in. It was the caboose of the train and he was the only one in it. He made his way to the door, opened it, then went to the next car where he saw humans sitting quietly in the seats and two soldiers. They were dressed the exact same as the ones he saw fighting the Russian military. The soldier facing him quickly raised his weapon and shouted commands "Citizen! Return to a seat at once". As he did this a second guard began to move towards him. Some type of baton in his hand. Sam stood in place now entirely sure where to go, the guard made way to hit and quickly but powerfully hit him in his calf with the baton. It felt as if someone was burning off his skin and he fell to the ground. He was kicked multiple times till he fell unconscious on the floor of the train.

He was unsure of exactly what happened after that. But when we woke up he was in a seat in the train sitting next to a pale young lady with gray eyes and bright blonde hair. She was looked at him when he awoke. Sam attempted to stutter all of his questions at once but was quickly silenced by the girl. She then began to whisper the entire story of what had happened and where they were heading. They were heading to a place that the guards were calling "18". Sam nor this girl new what to expect, all they new was life for all of mankind had made a drastic change.

The train came to a screeching halt, and the soldiers ushered everyone off the train and into a large meeting area. They listening to a human women speak about the glory of the new leaders known as the Universal Union. Something had clicked in his mind "glory" and "leaders". He was reminded of the government of the DDR and knew that he was going to quickly form an unbreakable alliance to the UU. They were informed that people would be needed to fill positions of the Civil Workers Union and Civil Protection. He knew he would either help with the CWU or CP. The lady finished speaking and said that "If you wish to help the great Universal Union please come this way to sign up for the two open positions" she then motions over to a small room with a "soldier" manning a window.

He moved over to the window and decided that he would like to work on protecting the people of "new earth" by becoming a Civil Protection Officer. He filled out the proper paperwork, then was told he would be contacted later and was issued his Civil Housing Unit. He waited a few hours then there was a strong knock on the door. He was taken to what he overheard being called the "Nexus" and went through and then was informed of what he was expected to do as a CP officer. And went through about a weeks worth of training. Where 90% of it was spent doing physical activity and what the other 10% was spent reading the history of the Universal Union.

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Eight years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Seven and a half years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
About a week and a half but I only registered on the fourms very recently.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Pacific Standard Time.

5. In what country do you live?
United States of America

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
On Space Station 13. We were all getting in position on our shift. The captain made and announcement to the entire crew of the station and ordered us all to head to the diner. When we were all gathered he informed us the station would now be acting as a dictatorship and he ordered security to arrest and brig all of the heads. We were then told the station would be acting as a police state and if we did not fill in our hourly quota we would be punished. It also seemed mingy at first but the way they all went about it RP wise was superb. And I hope for another experience such as that while in-game.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Sam Shipman.
CID: 16722
Height: 6 feet 2 inches
Hair Colour Dirty Blonde
Eye Colour: Gray
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 178 Pounds
Mental Distinctions: Is extremely quiet and disciplined.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: Again he is extremely disciplined and respectful to the all members of the Universal Union and this has gotten him into a position in life so that he has never gotten in trouble with Civil Protection.
Notable Qualities: He is extremely intelligent and knows when he should talk and remain quiet.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I have a completely clean recording with all Civil Protection authorities.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, that is the majority of my food intake.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
So I may serve the Universal Union till I am dead. And help protect the humans and keep the peace that has been set up by the combine. I feel this is the best way for me to repay my debt.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Sam Shipman. hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:45:12 AM by Samdo »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sam Shipman.'s Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 03:35:13 AM »
Good application, however OOC question one needs to be three paragraphs of at least three sentences each.

Offline Samdo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 03:45:59 AM »
Good application, however OOC question one needs to be three paragraphs of at least three sentences each.
Thank you, I have changed it to paragraph fourm. And I have added a little more text to it.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 05:18:41 AM »
it looks like you postwhored before putting this application up...

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 11:25:07 AM »

He did, however I'm more curious as to his RP ability.

Offline Samdo

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sam Shipman.\'s Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 03:35:40 PM »
Im not going to lie. I did do that, but I will also be attempting to remain active on the fourms from now on. And I also feel that the posts I did make were in topics I genuinely care about and would of posted in anyway.

Post Auto-Merged: March 09, 2014, 03:50:49 PM
Edit: Fixed a few spelling errors in the post.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:50:49 PM by Samdo »

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 03:54:14 PM »
Accepted for interview

Great focus on RP ability to account for possible post-whoring

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 12:39:59 PM »
but post whoring is against the rules plus other people have been denied for as little as being a sentence or two short in one area, why would rp ability "make up" for a rule break when the same has never applied for others, the app requirement is literally "10 constructive posts"
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:36:50 PM by smt »

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 01:35:35 PM »
A good application, but I have two problems;

but posting whoring is against the rules plus other people have been denied for as little as being a sentence or two short in one area, why would rp ability "make up" for a rule break when the same has never applied for others, the app requirement is literally "10 constructive posts"
This.

Your backstory states your dorm room was hit by a rocket. I don't know what dorms are like in Russia, but they will most likely be pretty small. Even if you survived that, having huge head injuries (and shrapnel also) then proceeding to fall 2 stories should kill you. Surviving that, the combine wouldn't of wasted medical resources to keep you alive (which would be some effort considering the injuries) - they want to kill all the humans, so they would of left you to die.
what

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 03:30:16 PM »
I've monged it here, and do apologise for having to "mess you about" but as it has been stressed, post whoring is a rule break.

Im going to deny the application, again based on the post whoring.

Please re-apply no earlier then 17/03/2014, with a new post count of 27. (which is 10 more than your current 17)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal