Author Topic: Bradley.J.Backword's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1535 times)

Bradley.J.Backword's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 07, 2014, 12:22:59 PM »
Bradley.J.Backword's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: harrygomm

IC Character Name: Bradley.J.Backword

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
The Main reasons Why my character would Like to Join The Metropolitan Police Force (MPF) Is Firstly, He has Had a terrible life as He was Disowned when he was 8 and banished From Downtown because Dr Hanson Thought he was a danger to his Society. Because of This, Bradley Had gone into Depression and after Seeing Many Adverts about the MPF, He Decided to Sign up.

Secondly, Bradley Has A lot Of Experience with Firearms as He had to defend himself Many Times from Gangs and Minging Cops in Downtown During his everyday Life So He Purchased A 9mm Pistol in order to Protect Himself from anybody who wished to Mess with him.

Finally, Bradley Has seen Many Horrific things done by the Resistance within District 2 Of City 18 Which have unfortunately scar'd him for Life and he will never forget them. This has made him furious about The rebels and their sinister plans about what they plan to do to stop the MPF and Bradley wants to Put a Stop to this and take care of the Rebels, Once and for all...

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Bradley Is Quite a Kind Person and Is Very Trustworthy as he Has learned never to Snitch a Secret Out from a Gun Point Encounter with a Gangster In Downtown. He Is also Obedient and Always Listens to The Police and MPF Officers Within His life. Furthermore, He is Quite Polite but if somebody Does wrong, things could get ugly.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Well, Me and Bradley are expecting Some Hardcore Training and Quite a bit Of work as he used to be an ex Civil Protection Officer from city17 When he was 25.

We also expect it to be very stressful as we have seen all the Chaos that goes on behind an MPF Officers back, we have seen Executions and Brutal Transformations from other cities so we Know how stressful being a Combine can be.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Bradley lived in the quite town of Nottingham With his mum and dad. They were a very happy family and were quite wealthy. Until one day when Bradley was 9, his mother found out that his farther had been cheating on her with a girl called Elizabeth Waz. His mother was furious about this and following this incident, she divorced Bradley s Dad!

A few years after the incident, Bradley moved up into secondary school were he met a friend called "Mark Plying". He was a very friendly person and him and Brad got along just fine as they both like to play things like video games and Basket ball together. When one day, Mark left school and went on to college in the loud and Giant city of City 15. They stayed in contact with each other because Mark had to follow the order's of the Metropolitan Force Or the MPF everyday and every night of his life. Mark said that he had a curfew and that he had to go to bed at 9pm or else he got hit multiple times with a stunstick which was a baton that was electrically charged.

One more year went by when suddenly, Brad's mother abandoned him and kicked him out the house and shouted " NEVER COME BACK YOU LAZY KID!!!". This sent Brad into a deep depression and he set of to find a home wherever he could with only a 500ml bottle of water and a picture of him and his mother. He settled down in the peaceful city of downtown where gun dealers ruled all the shops and gang wars happened everywhere. Every night you can hear cars, people talking and discussing prices and gun shots as loud as a explosive.Every night in bed for the first few days he would not be able to stop crying and thinking about the happy days with his mum. He would think to himself "why Mummy Why?!" as he fell into a long sleep.

Things got worse because on the 5th day, Dr Breen Banished him from the city and forced him to move to city 18 at gunpoint! Mr Breen said"GO NOW AND I WONT PULL THE TRIGGER!". He moved to city 18 but was offered a place in the Metropolitan Force for the combine and that is where Bradley Lives and Who he works for today.

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No this is my First Character

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
I have Played over 2000 Hours On gmod and 95% of that time was in roleplay Servers of All Kinds

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
I have played around 300 Hours of Half Life 2 Roleplay

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
i have played around 20 hours On Your servers

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT +1:00

5. In what country do you live?
The United Kingdom

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
my Most Memorable Quality is the Kinds of roleplay situations I can create Such as when I played on Another HL2Rp server, I created a situation where This Woman entered our apartment and We asked her If she was hungry or cold. She said yes so we roleplay looking after her for around 2 hours. Turns out that was a bad Idea as Later on, Me, My friend and her got Cornered by Rebels and they Interrogated us, Luckily for us the MPF Over watch showed up and Helped us but sadly, she was detained and was Transformed into a worker for the MPF.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I always Listen to peoples Opinions In Character and Out of Character

IC Section

Full Name: Bradley.J.Backword
CID: 35313
Height: 6 foot and 3 inches
Hair Colour No Hair, He is bald
Eye Colour: He has Green eyes with a Blue tint
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 140 Pounds
Mental Distinctions: Fast Learner, Information Absorber
Mental Defects: Scar'd By his past, Slightly Bad At Art, Easily Inguried
Mental Advantages: Fast Learner, Information Absorber, Great Shot, Excitable
Notable Qualities: Fast Learner, Information Absorber, Great Shot, Excitable

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, Bradley is A Delightful Member of socity

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I eat them Everyday

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I am Willing

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Absolutly

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I Promise

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I Personally want to Join the Combine Civil Authority because Firstly, i have plenty of Experience and Know all the voice commands so I can Quickly Communicate To My Squad Leader about possible Methods of Entry.

Also, I have Lots Of Experience In the different Distances In the system of S2M (Shoot to Miss) so I can Engage Hostiles and targets professionally and Quickly without causing any Damage to Nearby Civilians.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Bradley.J.Backword hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bradley.J.Backword's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 12:31:49 PM »
Just some constructive criticism:

1.  I would suggest you read up on the HL2 canon here: http://combineoverwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page .  Most, if not all, of your back story goes completely against canon.

2.  If you're going to have a powerful quality such as firearm experience, you'll need to explain in detail how you got it and exactly how good you are at it.

3.  Unless you are a donator, you must have at least 10 constructive posts on the forums.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:04:34 PM by Hazard Time »

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 02:38:59 PM »
Just some constructive criticism;

So wait a second, the Combine Earth Administrator HIMSELF told a lowly citizen to leave C17, a job ordinarily left to low-level CCA units, at gunpoint... Himself. I'm extremely confused here.

Your backstory is too detailed in some areas and not detailed enough in others. It should show where you were before, during, and after the 7-Hour War, not your parents being divorced.

As Hazard said, I'd seriously recommend that you read the HL2 canon here, here, and here. Word of advice; the Combine killed off anyone they perceived as a threat, so your character having lolknowledge of firearms wouldn't fly.

Read some of the other CCA applications and look at how they're written before you re-write yours.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 03:50:45 PM »
Denied for the following reasons:

-Minimum post count of 10 is required

-You should take the advice of the previous 2 users and re-create your application when you meet the post requirements.

Please re-apply no earlier than 16/03/2014 (16th March 2014)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal