Author Topic: Reteor James Haderay's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 998 times)

Offline AncientBandit

• View Profile
    • Awards
Reteor James Haderay's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 02, 2014, 10:39:53 AM »
Reteor James Haderay's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: //BSG\AncientBandit

IC Character Name: Reteor James Haderay

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
I am applying for Combine Civil Authority, on Half Life 2 Roleplay because I think I've Roleplayed enough to be able to handle the responsibilities of the Combine Civil Authority job.

Becoming a Combine Civil Authority can raise my reputation and people can notice me then and I think that is very nice thing to have. I will treat this job with respect and do realise that it is an honour not a privilege.

It will make the server be more exciting with more combine. I would love to have the honour of this roll. It will also enhance my gameplay on the server and I think that would be great to have this amazing job.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Traits: Loyal, Trustworthy, Pure, Firm and confident.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I think it will be quite interesting to play this job seeing how it is fairly new. It looks like a fun yet hard job to roleplay. It would be a great privilege to try this job.

For the IC part, I think it would develop Reteor and show his inner self. It would create a lot of scenarios for my character.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Both of Reteor's parents died in the 7 hour war and he was raised by relatives. Reteor was on good terms with his parents. Reteor is the oldest child of a large family (more than five children) who loved and admired him. Reteor's family emigrated one generation ago. How does the community react to the Reteor's family? Well, truthfully, the family is shunned by the community. Also he has a single important friend who acts as a spy or a informer. As for companions, Reteor has a similar adult companion who is kind-hearted and loving.

Reteor was stricken with a grave illness that nearly cost him his life. After an extended period of convalescence, he recovered. This brush with death has left the character with a very real sense of his own mortality and the value of life, resulting in an element of deep caring for others who are ill.

Reteor was betrayed by his companion at a critical moment, leaving him with a major wound. Aside from giving him a disfiguring scar or other persistent injury, he now has a deep suspicion of those who have not proven themselves trustworthy. Reteor may be openly suspicious of others, or quiet around them.

Reteor was once on the losing end of a battle. While he escaped with his life, countless others were not so fortunate. The victor in that battle is determined to complete his mission, however, which means that all survivors (including the character) must be hunted down and destroyed.

Reteor was travelling when his party was attacked by a monster. This attack knocked out several of those who would ordinarily take charge and defend, changing the character's fear to determination to protect the downed ones. With the help of others he brought down the monster. This exposure to possible death left the character very aware of most people's tenuous link to life. Now he may seem prepared for every eventuality or merely determined. Anyone could die at any time and that scared him. So he fled to the place where he lives today. (C18)

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Around two years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
I go on lots of roleplay servers often and I

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
It's hard to say but I'm pretty sure it's been a year and a half.

4. What Time zone are you in?
-4:00

5. In what country do you live?
Canada

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Probably my most memorable RP experience was on a serious DarkRP server where I had a full family and everyone kept the serious RP atmosphere. I played on it for ages until no one donated and it unfortunately shut down.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
In most if not all ways yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Reteor James Haderay
CID: 49097
Height: 4.9
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 160 pounds
Mental Distinctions: He thinks he must be on top and must show authority.
Mental Defects: All his family died when he was only 12 from a bomb.
Mental Advantages: Tends to ignore peer pressure
Notable Qualities: Has a habit of investigating peculiar things.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
No

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wish to join the CCA simply because I want to develop C18 more than it is and develop the union!

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Reteor James Haderay hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 11:32:39 AM by ??BSG????AncientBandit »
If all else fails. Blame someone else!

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Reteor James Haderay's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 05:24:21 PM »
Denied for the following reasons:

-You require a minimum post count of 10

-In question 1 you mention that joining the MPF can raise your reputation within the community and that this would be a nice thing to have. There is nothing wrong with this however a reason, if not the main reason, for a character within the MPF should be for character development.

-Your backstory explains what your character has done, but not really who he is. It lacks detail overall

Please re-apply no earlier than the 07/03/2014 (7th March 2014)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal