Author Topic: Server Auto-Restart  (Read 6331 times)

Offline Super Supreme Admiral Justin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server Auto-Restart
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 08:12:30 PM »
Also, the problem might not be just a restart. If a server is unable to connect to a database, it will not work just because of a restart.

Code something smarter than your problems. IE Something that detects Database up/downs and scans it thrice before actually committing the restart.
Graphic artist | Web Designer | Gamer

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server Auto-Restart
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »
I don't know if you would understand this, but there are a near infinite and unpredictable amount of things that go wrong, especially with our servers. If I were to take your advice, I would have to make the updater, for every server, run mysql queries, server queries, a2s pings, profile requests and dozens of other checks. This would take near a minute for each server which causes more and more problems.

I'm going to lock this as we've internally discussed this topic to death. We're not going to have servers auto restart because there's always that chance of a false detection. You all would hate auto restarts and you would realize that the second it restarts and loses you money.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal