Author Topic: [OCRP 2 Guide] Guide to owning a store (WIP) (Former stickied OCRP 1.5 Guide)  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
NOTE: this is a work in progress Pics will be added after the release of OCRP 2.  Please note that some of the mechanics mentioned in this guide such as ecopoints and the mayor's effect on the econ may or may not be outdated until OCRP 2.0 is released

So you want to own a store?

Well there are a few things you have to figure out...
-What can I legally sell?
-What will if have to sell on the downlow?
-How much will I need to spend on my supplies to make my goods?
-How much can I sell my stuff for?
-What are people buying?
-What is my competition

So on to the first question!
1.  What can I legally sell?
Well its a good Idea if you join the server and there is already a mayor to ask the mayor directly or the nearest cop what the current laws are because mayors CAN set varying laws.  However Mayors cannot make growing any type of drugs legal.  The only thing that might become legal are automatic weapons. 

ALSO: If there is a sales tax get a cash register not only will it help the city have money but because the city has money it will be easier for the mayor to gain ecopoints which leads to a happy mayor and a happy city!  In most cases failing to have a cash register will result in an arrest or fine by the Police.

2. What do I have to sell on the downlow....
If an item is deemed "illegal" and you want to sell it you must be careful who you sell it to and how you advertize or else the police might pay you a visit....  It is advisable to only sell said items to trusted customers or in a location that is out of the eyes of the law.

3. How much will it cost to get my supplies?
Make sure you know how much you are spending as you will have to make back the expenditures and more to get a profit.  It is very important to keep in mind the tax when buying and selling as this will make the prices for supplies vary.

4.  How much will I sell my stuff for?
Try to sell it for at least a 100 dollar profit.  Watch your competitors prices and make sure you don't try to beat their price to much or you will loose money!  If you sell for to high a profit people will refuse to buy from you.  It helps to be flexible on pricing to attract more customers.

NOTE: A good way to make money is if a person is selling stuff for dirt cheap (I mean below the crafting cost) then buy from them and sell it how you would regularly this will increase your profits and they will eventually go out of business because they are loosing money!

5. What are people buying?

Only craft what people are buying ahead of time.  If people aren't buying an item regularly only sell it on request!

6.  What is my competition?

Make sure that you are aware of your competition at all times!  Try to sell higher quality weapons then them or lower prices (BUT NOT TO MUCH) to attract buyers!

With all this said I hope I helped you and best of luck!  If you have any suggestions comments or concerns please reply!

NOTE THIS IS A WIP
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal