Author Topic: Vladimir Degtyarev's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 981 times)

Offline DeleteThis

• View Profile
    • Awards
Vladimir Degtyarev's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 02, 2014, 11:11:48 PM »
Vladimir Degtyarev's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: TallYapflip

IC Character Name: Vladimir Degtyarev

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
Vladimir was originally a resident in City 45. During his time there, he spent much of his time working for the CCA in the ration factory, cleaning the streets, and working with the CWU. During his time in City 45, he lived as a loyalist to the Universal Union. During this time in City 45, rebel attacks were increasingly more common, as well as necrotic infestations of the slums. The CCA's protection of civvies from these threats only strengthened Vladimir's loyalty to the UU.

After the rebel attacks kept increasing in commonality, Vladimir was among the Citizens relocated to City 8. During his time in City 8, he worked with the CWU, and operated the desk of the CWU headquarters and kept stock of the storeroom. After working with the CWU for about six months, rebel attacks once again forced him and many other Citizens to relocate to City 18.

Vladimir has lived in City 18 for about a year at this point, and it has remained relatively stable during his time of living there. Due to this stability, Vladimir is very afraid of something going wrong, and wishes to take part in the protection of City 18. Vladimir's experience with rebel attacks and deteriorating Sociostability is the main driving force behind his desire to join the CCA and protect City 18.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Intelligent, Loyal, Strong willed, and stubborn.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I am expecting the CCA to be very similar to my experiences on other HL2RP servers. For my character in particular, I expect Vladimir's experience to be quite smooth since he has been a loyalist to the Universal Union since their takeover of Earth.

In terms of my overall experience with the CCA on this server, I am expecting periods of action, such as gunfights, inspections, apartment and slum sweeps, or even dealing with rouge units from time to time. I am expecting times of slow passive RP during med RP, Ration distribution, or other somewhat slow RP experiences. I am also fully expecting periods of monotony during patrols, and guarding the Nexus or slum hardpoints.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Vladimir was born in uptown Moscow not long after the collapse of the Soviet Union, and his family relocated to Kiev, Ukraine not long after the birth of himself and his sister. Vladimir grew up as close to middle class as possible in an ex-Soviet Bloc nation. He performed rather well in school throughout High School.

After graduating from high school in the top 5 percent of his class, Vladimir went on to study in University of Kiev. He left the university with a 2 year degree in computer sciences. About six months after his graduation from University, the Combine invaded Earth.

After the 7 Hour War, Vladimir and his sister Sasha were among the lucky few whom were spared by the Combine. He and his sister were both placed in City 45 after being processed and they both lived as loyalists of the UU. He was later relocated to City 8 with his sister and lived as loyalists once again. About six months after being relocated to to City 8, he was once again relocated to City 18 with his sister. He and his sister have lived in City 18 for about a year now.

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No, this is my first application for CCA.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Almost all of my 700 hours on Gmod have been spent on RP servers.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Almost all of my hours on Gmod RP have been on a serious RP server of some kind.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I've played since the early days of the old server.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Mountian.

5. In what country do you live?
United States

6. How old are you?
Seventeen

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable RP experience was actually on the old CG server. The experience itself was during a speech from the City Administrator, and my character was with the Resistance watching the speech incognito. One of my rebel friends (Whose name is escaping me at the time of writing this) Was armed with a crossbow and was posted up on a nearby rooftop. She missed the shot, taking down an MPF OfC in the process and I, along with three other rebels were caught in a very well done shootout and escape event.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Vladimir Degtyarev
CID: 93971
Height: 5'10
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Green
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 152
Mental Distinctions: Beyond high IQ and strong willed, none.
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: High IQ, quick thinker.
Notable Qualities: Intelligent, strong willed.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I have never been detained before.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wish to join the CCA out of loyalty and a sense of obligation to the Universal Union which has provided a safe haven from our now quite dangerous world. I also wish to join the CCA to aid in keeping the Sociostability of City 18 and make it a safer city for everyone.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Vladimir Degtyarev hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Vladimir Degtyarev's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 04:47:49 AM »
Denied for the following reasons:

-You require a minimum post count of 10

-Your backstory only contains 188 out of the minimum 300 words.

Please re-apply no earlier than the 08/03/2014 (8th March 2014)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal