Author Topic: Turious Illumantus's Authorization Application  (Read 3023 times)

Giovanni Dicardi

Turious Illumantus's Authorization Application
« on: April 18, 2012, 09:27:46 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: 77y_Cdt_Inspectorbilly60
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Around 3-4 Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Around 3-4 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
I want to be a Medical Doctor, since I have adequet knowledge of medicine and anatomy & phsiology. The one character that I think should have this trait is the character I hope to join the CWU soon which is Turious Illumantus, he is peaceful and compliant and wouldn't hurt a soul. So I though, why not make him a doctor or a person with good medical knowledge?

Name: Turious Illumantus
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
 Born in Ortona A Mare, Abruzzi, Italy in 1989 Turious lived among "Hippy" parents who taught him that every man, woman and child has the right to live. With two other brothers, Giovanni and Rex Illumantus, he also learned the horrors of what people could do at any age. In the pre-war era, Turious was just the average person, an excellent philospher and peaceful person. Very generous and opted to help anyone, he practically got anything he wanted. But, that all changed when the combine arrived. He was luckily boasting a new saftey bunker he had spent years building.  Unfortuantly, his friends left right before the combine arrived. During the 7HW, he hid in his bunker. For several days the top of the bunker was covered in dirt and rubble from the violence. Hee was fortunate enough to not be found after or during the 7HW. He lived off of some cans he stored in the bunker before the 7HW, but of course he would soon run out of food, water and air. Realzing this, he amassed the courage to venture out of the bunker and into the outside. Viewing the events around him, he became mortified and ran to the nearest back road that was leading to the moutainous woods of what is now known as the outlands. Knowing nothing of survival, he had a large chance at death. But this did not stop him. He ventured on only using the power of will and hope.

Turious was lucky enough to avoid Combine persicution and run to the outlands, where he met a Vortigaunt, whos name he never got the chance to know. This nameless Vort taught him the ways of healing in the eyes of a human. In 2014 the Vort guided him in the Art of Trauma and combat surgery(i.e. gunshot wounds and knife wounds, burns, etc.). Turious was given a various of examples and test that even included the Vort ordering a nearby civilian with a gun to shoot one of the travellers exploring with him. Turious succeceded, but only due to the fact that the Vort assisted him half of the time. Turious was careful where he cut and had a very steady hand, but his stress would overcome him in dire situations. The Vort taught him strictly and scorned him for even the slightest mistakes but there was a reason on why he was chosen. He was very philsophical with his teachings and never direct, he had always spoke in rhymes, poems and sayings. This made it slightly easier for Turious but not by much. It was rough training that lasted for what seemed like decades but was actually two years with the Vort, but Turious knew that he was just being hard on him because he believed in him and this fueled his will power to keep training with the Vort. Turious was chosen by the Vort because of his kind heart and personality towards other humans and even towards people whom have harmed him. His training ended in 2015 when the Vort was attacked and killed by a nearby rebel force with no cause but just to cause harm to those whom entered their territory. Turious never learned the name of that Vort and only approached him as The Bright One. The rebel force who murdered the Vort was unknown and no one in the group of refugees knew the name of the group. Saddened, he took all of his training to heart and will use it in his teachers memory. His first actual encounter with the medical trauma feild without the vortuginaught by his side was in 2016 when a human in his group of refugees, fell off a small ledge and got a large laceration on the lateral side of his leg. Turious attempted to stich the wound up with strings of cloth from his shirt and the the thick thorn of a nearby bush. He successfully closed the wound, but it caused it to get infected and the man died of his wound. Ashamed, he abandones his group and heads back to the city only to find another Vort, but this one was kinder and more understanding than his previous teacher. The new Vort he had met introduced himself as the "Enlightend One" said it wasn't his fault since there was nothing he could do to start with. Feeling a little bit better, Turious decideds to open back up into society in hopes of starting back into medicinal practices for either side, Rebel, CCA,CWU it won't matter to him, as long as someone is saved due to his hand or if someone pays him. Truthfully his training will never end, hence the saying ""Medicinal Practice". Seeing this, he wanted to take his master's lessons in life. A strict teacher with methods of venom, a passionate heart and a greedy hand.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
1. I can do some Medical RP.
2. I can make an app to join the CWU.
3. I hope I can make an app to join the CCA.
4. When I buy medical material on this character, I can RP using it. Ex. (Buys some bandages and medical packs; /me wraps the bandage carefully around the wound and pulls it tight.)
5. It will give Turious more of a "Good Guy outlook".
6. I can set up a shop and remove minges from the streets offering them true RP and even teach them RP through medicine RP or just basic RP.
7. On boring days in good ol' C45, I can spice it up by "Accidently" screwing up a sugrical procedure and turn the situation into a hell bent ER.
Defects
1: Turious cannot commit any crime with benefit.
2. He cannot heal which ever side recruits him.
3. He will become VERY soft and compassionate and can easily be taken advantage of.
4. Too scared to handle a gun.
5. Terrified of D6 and will rarely go in there.
6. Very generous and will gladly give away his most prized items.
7. Will have to deal with players who do not know how to medical RP.
8. Will have to add more depth and base to RP style.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to stay in the D1 and D2 area's until recruited by CCA or rebel factions. I also plan to open up a medical shop if no one recruits me or if I don't make an app in time. It will be a profit movement, but if the person has below 20 tokens it will be free.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No one that I know of.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
Alright 3rd time I revised this.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:19:12 PM by Giovanni Dicardi »

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Turious Illumantus's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 10:14:18 AM »
I appreciate the fact you are attempting to get a medical authorization rather than slapping it into your application like most people would. However currently your backstory is lacking a lot of detail, so I'll give you a bit of time to fix this application. If you are unsure of what to add i'll give you a few reccomendated ideas which you can build upon.

One - Did he have any medical knowledge pre-war? If so can you explain to us how got that knowledge.
Two - Give us more details on his medical training, it's easy to say vortigaunts trained you, but how did they train you? What specifically did you learn? How long did the training take and was in a good or bad experience for your character.

I think you understand the gist of what i'm saying now, right now the application is not exactly leaning in your favour.

Giovanni Dicardi

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 05:58:56 PM »
Alright, give me a sec to modify my backstory.

Giovanni Dicardi

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 06:22:57 PM »
Alright, give me a sec to modify my backstory.

Modified it.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 09:11:35 PM »
It'll still require a bit more detail. I really like it, I really do. I think you're a good role-player and can handle this authorization, but you'll still need a little more detail with this.

Giovanni Dicardi

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 09:28:26 PM »
It'll still require a bit more detail. I really like it, I really do. I think you're a good role-player and can handle this authorization, but you'll still need a little more detail with this.

Okay I will add more detail to it. I think it's in the training area that lacks the detail but PLEASE tell me if im wrong.

Giovanni Dicardi

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 10:53:12 PM »

Okay I will add more detail to it. I think it's in the training area that lacks the detail but PLEASE tell me if im wrong.

OKAY, I have revised it again, please tell me where I need more work.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 01:53:34 AM »
It's rather refreshing to see a character like this seek the mentioned medical authorisation and I'll give my support once the application is purged of spelling (Vortigaunt isn't spelled Vortuginaught) and punctuation errors.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:48:09 AM by OzJackal »

Giovanni Dicardi

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 05:05:53 PM »
It's rather refreshing to see a character like this seek the mentioned medical authorisation and I'll give my support once the application is purged of spelling (Vortigaunt isn't spelled Vortuginaught) and punctuation errors.
Alright then I will work on that.

Giovanni Dicardi

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 05:19:58 PM »
Alright then I will work on that.

Okay fixed it again. Please tell me if there is anything else wrong.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »
Accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal