Author Topic: Map change?  (Read 8757 times)

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Map change?
« on: March 31, 2012, 06:00:14 AM »
I've been asked by many members of the community about this so I'm finally making a poll.

Leave your vote here.

Poll will be open for 2 days.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Map change?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 06:07:08 AM »
Voted yes, hopefully for the likes of something like Outercanals. If anything, Ineu (hey, don't get me, it's a great map) isn't exactly solving the problem of people complaining about finding nobody to RP, if anything, it's making it worse. People are pretty much clumped around the bunker, and everywhere else is desolate and empty. It's great for role-playing on, but everybody's just in one place and all the good spots are pretty much empty. Outercanals doesn't have one big massive spot where everybody clumps in as it has more buildings and places for people to RP in.

TL;DR voted yes even if outercanals doesn't come back

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 07:45:08 AM »
Voted yes, hopefully for the likes of something like Outercanals. If anything, Ineu (hey, don't get me, it's a great map) isn't exactly solving the problem of people complaining about finding nobody to RP, if anything, it's making it worse. People are pretty much clumped around the bunker, and everywhere else is desolate and empty. It's great for role-playing on, but everybody's just in one place and all the good spots are pretty much empty. Outercanals doesn't have one big massive spot where everybody clumps in as it has more buildings and places for people to RP in.

TL;DR voted yes even if outercanals doesn't come back

I fully agree about the opinion that you gave out. Most people inhabit the bunker and station just around the river area, it is where the most activity for roleplaying is held. Outcanals would be great, especially with one of these two new expansions.

Outercanals Night:  -REMOVED LINK-
Another map (clustered together, City8 outlands):  -REMOVED LINK-

If not for outercanals, I would pick City8 Outlands.

P.S. I swear to fuck that I didn't use Adfly. Search up "city 8" or "outercanals" on Garrysmod if your too lazy to click on one of the links.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:16:30 AM by Raiden »

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 01:14:41 PM »
This community doesn't appreciate shit. Statua spends countless hours on a great map for us and you all just find something to bitch about.

Offline Dragon Dildo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »
This community doesn't appreciate shit. Statua spends countless hours on a great map for us and you all just find something to bitch about.

It's not that we don't appreciate his work, but Lewis said it the best, people are just clumped in one spot and the map feels pretty linear to me.
HL2RP Characters
Jim Boyle - Obeying the Combine in City
Marcus Nicholson - Getting used to City
Heikki Savolainen - Relaxing in D6.
Cliff Westburgh - Hunting rats in D6.
Chandler Hetfield (Outlands) - Trying to find his bearings.
Joey Geller (Outlands) - Sitting in the clinic with his left leg broken.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 02:35:09 PM »
I voted yes.  The map is much too large and lacking detail.  I appreciate how Statua worked on it, but I think a smaller, more detailed map is called for.  Outercanals was a good example of a map, non-linear, not too large.  However, Outercanals lacked details, to be honest.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 02:41:09 PM »
and lacking detail.

Did you even play the map?! Lol. This map is amazing and I can't possibly imagine a reason why we'd change.
game over

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 03:28:29 PM »
Did you even play the map?! Lol. This map is amazing and I can't possibly imagine a reason why we'd change.
Yes I've played the map, I'm not going to reply negatively because I don't want to start a flaming thread.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 10:52:32 AM »
Do you even know why we changed the map was to get out of the outer canals. That map is a piece of old dog shit because we have been using it for such a long time, i know just about everything about it now. We have already done everything ic about going to the mountains and changed rp. Going back to the canals is basically just shitting on outlands rp.

Do some fixes of the Inu map and that's that. Why go back to the canals. Look what happened with Doc, everyone clustered around his lab and i tried to kick them out and they got mad ad me oocly and icly, and i was fucking pissed at them. Make your OWN map if you don't like the map.

I guess it's "Whoever has the most interesting shit is going to have the most "Interesting" rp.". Well in that case, get an auth for maybe for cooking or bar tending. Maybe build a huge camps... Or maybe have different interesting creatures like HEADCRABS. Have a place... multiple places, that attract other people. World of Warcraft did that by having multiple cool looking major cities for the Alliance. Ironforge had an auction house while the SW had daily quests and jobs, Terdiasal had a bank and so on. Make places and rp UNIQUE everywhere on the map. We AREN'T doing that.

That is why i am hating auth aps atm... Someone wants an auth for bartending to have a little INN fun. "WHERE DID YOU GET THE BEER FROM, THE MATERIALS FOR THE INN, HOW DID YOU PAS-". Oh my god just fucking rp it and have fun. I don't want rp being ruined because you needed to explain in every god damn detail why it was possible for you to sneak in beer. I did something like this with a person who didn't have an auth and i LOVED it... And it was in the canals. Make rp interesting and don't ruin it. We all go through our little "HAVE AUTHS?" phase. In the end, i want more rp and thats not where we are getting to at the moment.

Sorry to go on a giant rant, but this is where the maps are and why outlands may be unpopulated.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:11:48 AM by Ä?pple βeads »

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 02:03:28 PM »
I agree with the guy above me. Statua is working on some fixes and additions to the mountain map that will help decrease how linear it is. The matter of fact is, every single fucking map we move to will have that one place everyone goes to roleplay so I don't see peoples point.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 02:26:03 PM »
I agree, Canals is a complete shit map.  We need a smaller map, maybe even the size of the City45 map, just more open.  If we are going to change maps, it would not be Canals again, because if it was dead then, it would be dead now.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
I agree, Canals is a complete shit map.  We need a smaller map, maybe even the size of the City45 map, just more open.  If we are going to change maps, it would not be Canals again, because if it was dead then, it would be dead now.
We don't need another map.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 02:56:01 PM »
You may think we don't, that's your opinion, there's a poll above for a reason.  Just stating, 'we don't need a new map' is told in the poll.  You have yet to explain what is positive about keeping the map and what is negative about changing it.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 05:44:07 PM »
Would someone please explain to me why we need a smaller map for a WILDERNESS SURVIVAL server? I think its fun to go on long treks to get from one populace to another (ie town to bunker) and adds some fear to not venture too far away from home, just like it would be for real. Also, for the linear aspect, how is it linear? Or, what do you suggest i do to not make it linear? Cause theres more then one path to get from valley one to valley two.

Also, im planning ineu_pass2 which will be a scrap built map situated in two valleys, separated by a small mountain. This map is projected to start mid may and be complete fall 2012 or winter, depending on my irl factors. One of the reasons why i am getting rid of leonards responsibilities.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 05:48:37 PM »
Somebody explain what outlands is.
Look at outercanals.
Its not outlands.

Cleared that one up.

Now, we don't need a map change, because as people have said, everybody goes to one place because they're fucking sheep and go where RP is, because they're too fuck lazy to get their own.
There is no such thing as a non linear map, as everything been done before.
If you want a map change, make sure its an OUTLANDS map, not a fucking canals map.
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal