Author Topic: Why?  (Read 5797 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Why?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 02:57:06 AM »
I don't feel compelled to give RoflWaffle the final version of the map anymore simply due to the fact it takes three weeks to get a response from him unless I mention 'money' or 'i'm an idiot for assuming things'. Additionally, I don't believe releasing the map would extend the lifespan of the server as it boils down to the quality of RP, not the quality of the map.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 03:07:27 AM »
the way CG uses ANY city45 map is awful, CG should open up the entire D6 area for both units and citizens, no wonder everyone is bored when such a small area is "the allowed city"

or cg should use another map cause C45 is just awful in any state

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 05:43:00 AM »
Sweeps are restricted not because I don't trust people but because they're not meant to happen often at all. I'm not going to let units run through D6 PKing people for 10 minutes of their own enjoyment. Sure, if there's a good reason I'll let them do it but most of the time its lolwebuls just shooting guns randomly which should be dealt with by the administration anyway, not the CCA.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 05:08:15 PM »
Sweeps are restricted not because I don't trust people but because they're not meant to happen often at all. I'm not going to let units run through D6 PKing people for 10 minutes of their own enjoyment. Sure, if there's a good reason I'll let them do it but most of the time its lolwebuls just shooting guns randomly which should be dealt with by the administration anyway, not the CCA.

The point is that it should be nothing to do with you. You don't play HL2RP, and I highly doubt more D6 sweeps will hurt your profits.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »

The point is that it should be nothing to do with you. You don't play HL2RP, and I highly doubt more D6 sweeps will hurt your profits.
Just because I don't play doesn't mean I didn't at one point. You act as if I know absolutely nothing about my own servers when in reality I probably know a lot, lot more then you think I do
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 05:47:23 PM »

Just because I don't play doesn't mean I didn't at one point. You act as if I know absolutely nothing about my own servers when in reality I probably know a lot, lot more then you think I do

You certainly don't show it. Why did you stop playing, if I may ask?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 08:03:50 AM »
I would have to agree with either 'sides' of this issue.
RoflWaffle has a very good point that something such as D6 sweeps are things that can EASILY ruin a lot of fun for a lot of people, hence it should be restricted on such as level that it doesn't happen so damn often.

However, you should know the border of how much you are going to restrict it. You have to know not everyone is like 'Oh if I give him authority to grand D6 sweeps, they will happen every 10 minutes!'. No. You have to understand that there are more people such as yourself RoflWaffle. Those who know just as much as you how D6 sweeps can ruin fun for a lot of people, hence they won't grand them for every cough coming from a lolrebel.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline tdabamf1

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 02:45:39 PM »
I think we need more planned events to spice up the roleplay on the server, and some more admins online. Maybe people should suggest more events to admins?

Offline [CG] Rekyit Merlo

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 03:03:26 PM »
That was a lovely necro post

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal