Author Topic: Crazy idea: HL2 War (rp)  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
Crazy idea: HL2 War (rp)
« on: August 25, 2011, 01:40:21 PM »
I came up with an idea which started out as a bit of a joke, but then I started wondering to myself
"What if i took this seriously?" And I developed this idea which though still crazy and stupid, became a very fun and interesting idea to develop and further.

A version of HL2RP based on a rebellion
The basic setting:
A city somewhere on earth a rebellion uprising has begun and now the city is locked in a damn near endless war between the combine and rebels vying for control of the war torn city.
Players can be rebels or combine and work in teams to fight over control of the city

The battle:
Both teams must traverse the city and battle for control over key areas, like control points which results in battles where the teams must stand on the point until it becomes theirs, and there are multiple control points all over the map which will work as little objectives to make the fighting meaningful, not just a minge paradise

Flaw:It's not RP
FIX: For the spawn areas of each team as well as other areas, there is anti-pvp and the enemy team can't get in. In this area roleplay can become the main aspect and passive roleplay can be enjoyed
Flaw: Unfair teams, domination
Fix: Perhaps each team gets boosts when outnumbered?
Flaw: New players, how will they adapt if they're getting shot?
Fix: Perhaps new players are granted immunity but no weapons and using this they can explore the city on their own and adapt, and also train with their faction for roleplay and learning. Then when they're ready they loose immunity and gain weapons,a sort of "training wheels" system
Flaw: Spawn killing
Fix: Mr banhammer

As for the feeling of accomplishment I was thinking that every so often as an event perhaps the main bases would be open to attack so that the teams can attack and take control of an enemy base ultimately resulting in victory for one team which would earn them a prize, right before the map restarts to begin the war anew.

While this is a fun little discussion where our heads can run wild, don't worry, I don't expect this to become a gamemode
Feel free to discuss and suggest things for flaw fixes or point out flaws and we can add to this perhaps making it seem more pro or just let our imaginations go crazy thinking we're actually designing a gamemode

Thanks for reading and not trolling
Trolls GTFO
Peace
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Crazy idea: HL2 War (rp)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:47:33 PM »
Maybe something like this but not constant deathmatch. So rebels and refugees would be in the apartments and stuff and the combine would be in the Nexus/Citadel. Maybe make a fly over with a hunter chopper every one in awhile. Of course OTA would come down and raise hell and everyone with a weapon would join in the fight. Then there we passive RP after that I guess.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 01:49:55 PM »
This sounds like HL2DM to be honest, which has Rebel/Combine game-modes. Though the whole Rebellion RP is good in small doses, like an event on the City server every so often.

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 01:59:35 PM »
The idea of this is so that people who like rebellion events
(Of which I have found many)
Can use this as their playground without ending HL2RP for others changing the usually roleplay orientated gamemode into a deathmatch
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 06:52:53 PM »
Kind of good idea..

My idea: Some skirmishes and fire fights in the City, that'd be fun; tearing up some Combine asshoels whom blacklist me out for reasons they haven't divuldged to me! Lets get some CPs PKED!

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 03:28:12 AM »
Kind of good idea..

My idea: Some skirmishes and fire fights in the City, that'd be fun; tearing up some Combine asshoels whom blacklist me out for reasons they haven't divuldged to me! Lets get some CPs PKED!

That is NOT what I was intending with this idea, revenge isn't the aim and certainly PK isn't, it's just a gamemode on a seperate server where people like you can get satisfaction in killling some CP's and enjoy the internet adrenaline of a city war without ruining serious roleplay
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline SaoulZod

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 04:16:35 AM »
I +Support the idea of a small war between Rebel and CP. There was something to this effect when Karma released the Combine Sniper tonight, two or three OTA and two or three Rebels. Sniper fight in the plaza and it went really well.

you ban me for such bad reason u just cant understand the level of depth i roleplay on i am just far better roleplayer than u lol play half life 2 and then come back 2 this server plz
*sigh*
chunkeymonkey79: please get the entire CG community and uproot Saoul and RTLK
Thanks, Chunkey.

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 01:42:06 PM »
I +Support the idea of a small war between Rebel and CP. There was something to this effect when Karma released the Combine Sniper tonight, two or three OTA and two or three Rebels. Sniper fight in the plaza and it went really well.

And I missed it! :C
But yeah, sniper duels in the centre of the city would be pretty fun and it would prove a real battlefield when snipers are giving support to the ground troops which would encourage teamplay
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 01:47:29 PM »
I'm surprised, I expected to get a lot of trolling for this idea from people saying it's not possible or plain stupid

If this idea gets support I may consider putting it in suggestions and from there we can see if it gains any speed
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 01:59:09 PM »
I've played a RP server similar too this it was fun for a while, well most of the time we spent waiting around for something to happen and usually nothing ever did happen because we always needed a admin to say "Your good to go." This RP server was a WW3 RP kinda thing...

I just hope this "crazy idea " of your's,  doesn't turn into something like that.

(it was amazing when events started but other times it was boring.....................g)

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 03:54:33 PM »
This sounds like something we already have, Outlands, just with much more shooting.
RP and Shooting don't mix well, you'd have to have good RP'ers on both side. Not to mention active admins. It would be too difficult to get going well. It would attract people, but not go well. Nice idea though.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 09:20:41 AM »
This sounds like something we already have, Outlands, just with much more shooting.
RP and Shooting don't mix well, you'd have to have good RP'ers on both side. Not to mention active admins. It would be too difficult to get going well. It would attract people, but not go well. Nice idea though.
I suppose this sort of thing would be more war than rp
I appreciate the criticism and Im afraid your most likely right, we can dream though eh?
Btw love your profile picture, rvb rocks
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal