Author Topic: Gas Cans.  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gas Cans.
« on: May 09, 2013, 07:05:41 PM »
Well, seeing as gas can contain, well, gasoline, I thought this might be useful for the problem of running out of gas in your car when you aren't at a gas station. Having run out of gas like this before, I can tell you I didn't call a tow truck to come drive me to a gas station. I walked a little over a mile to the gas station, got some gas, and went back to my car. So, what am I getting at here? Well, you know the gasoline you can buy at the store near the BP in town? Well, it'd be cool if you could use them to put a little bit of gas in your car. That way, you don't have to rely on the local tow truck drivers, which, to be honest, rarely do their job properly (if their even is any at all). Obviously, a proper ratio would need to be calculated out based off the cost of the gasoline to a liter at the pump, but it shouldn't give you a whole lot of gas. Just enough to get to a BP.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline hacker

• Like a BOSS
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gas Cans.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 07:09:08 PM »
They used to have this, but making this would have tow truck drivers having even less jobs to do, but i still think they should bring it back
+support

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 10:49:08 PM »
Agreed Reflex. It is RP like to be able to get gas cans. My only problem is the weight, they do not weight enough and they should weigh a decent amount (5-10) so people don't have a lot of them. Also it should fill maybe ten percent I think, that is enough. And the price should be doubled or close to double the cost of gas at the pumps.
Another thing to add, an NPC at the BP by the suburbs would be nice, sells some basic stuff like at the BP in tow.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 06:30:02 AM »
No.

It was removed for a reason so you actually have to watch your fuel level rather than getting out, no rp at all and filling up from magical 300 cans.
Not going to happen.
what

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 09:06:57 AM »
if it gets readded it will have a max to where it can only put like 5% in the tank, enough to get to the station.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 09:55:15 AM »
No.

It was removed for a reason so you actually have to watch your fuel level rather than getting out, no rp at all and filling up from magical 300 cans.
Not going to happen.

Did you even read the post above yours

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 11:23:07 AM »
No.

Not going to happen.

Did you even read the post above yours
yes, and even with that i still wouldn't like it as it concludes no rp. you watch your fuel level IRL and go to a station when you need to so you should do the same on this.
what

Offline Hanus Erucson

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 12:47:19 PM »
What if the gas can only works if there's no tow truckers and that you can only have one can in your inventory and also that it doesn't give that much gasoline, maybe only so you can make it to a petrol station.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 01:02:37 PM »
No.

Not going to happen.

Completely realistic to have gas cans. When I go off-roading with my jeep I bring a five gallon jerry can on the back. And there is no 300 cans if you make it actually weight something, It weights a lot then people cannot really fully fuel their vehicle.

Also, I like that idea (above). Only one jerry can in your inventory. But you have it, you should be able to use it if there is no tow truck driver.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:06:00 PM by [S-ZPS] Sherman [EC] »

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »
Doesn't matter how realistic it is or how good it would be, rofl doesn't want them in. If we can convince him with Karma's idea, then that's what we'll do.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal