Author Topic: Supernova  (Read 3614 times)

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Supernova
« on: May 04, 2012, 02:27:32 AM »
Supernova is a pop culture expo, so you get cosplayers, anime, games etc. The event is in November, so I have a few months to prepare.  I plan to cosplay this year, so I've lowered it down to 2 choices

1. Karl Ruprecht Kroenen

2. Stormtrooper

Problem is, Kroenen would be more original (and look more badass) but harder to builder, the stormtrooper would be pretty common, due to the 501st attending, and easy to build.

C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Re: Supernova
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 02:49:54 AM »
Yeah, indeed, you should try to go as number one. Storm troopers are quite easy, hell you don't even have to make the costume yourself.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 05:17:35 AM »
Hmm, I'm leaning towards Kroenen, yet the hard thing about cosplaying him is the mask and Uniform.

Mask is pretty straight forward, get some sculpting clay, mold it, cast it etc

Just with the uniform, it's the SS Uniform, however, it's not cotton/wool, it's pure leather (which is a BITCH to find/make). Trenchcoat is just a standard German officers trenchcoat, and the belt buckle I already have. Iron cross is just a quick stop at a local militaria store, so is the visor cap.

Stormtrooper... ebay
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 05:44:38 AM »
Hmm, I'm leaning towards Kroenen, yet the hard thing about cosplaying him is the mask and Uniform.

Just with the uniform, it's the SS Uniform, however, it's not cotton/wool, it's pure leather (which is a BITCH to find/make). Trenchcoat is just a standard German officers trenchcoat, and the belt buckle I already have. Iron cross is just a quick stop at a local militaria store, so is the visor cap.

Stormtrooper... ebay

The SS uniform is also not cheap.. You could of course find one on a site, but all leather is a bit eh.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 05:50:06 AM »

Stormtrooper... ebay

The SS uniform is also not cheap.. You could of course find one on a site, but all leather is a bit eh.

Well, if I want to be screen accurate, I need the full leather. But I'm probally going to cheat by using the black SS uniform and just close the trenchcoat so you can only see my collar.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 08:23:46 AM »
Dude, Kroenen looks badass as all hell. When you finish your costume you should definantly send us pictures.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 09:02:52 AM »
Found the cheapest SS Officer uniform + leather trenchcoat I could find. Pity it's $820 AUD all up, but it's the best deal out there seeing as it's free shipping and cheap for its category.

Uniforms - just need to... get money first.

Mask - need to get materials then make it

And the Iron cross I can pick up for about $5 at a local store.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 11:36:05 AM »
At first I was like, "Where do I know that Karl guy from...?" but then I had to kick myself in the balls and shout "YOU FUCKING NUT ITS HELLBOY!" Anyways, Kroenen was a better idea from the start, so good choice.
im bach

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 11:48:07 AM »
Storm troopers are so overused now unfortunately. And what Sheo said lol. Srsly send pictures!!!
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal