Author Topic: Sig. Yes, a sig.  (Read 1509 times)

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sig. Yes, a sig.
« on: March 13, 2012, 07:26:14 AM »
Look below my text at the pretty colors. That is known as a signature. C&C welcome.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sig. Yes, a sig.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 10:30:55 AM »
Not bad, a little too dark though in my opinion. I get that you made it dark on purpose, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the thing on the right is. Also, ragdolls were not really meant for close-ups. If you want my opinion, two things that could have made it better was take the shots from a little further away, and have your characters actually doing something, and if you want a nice dark effect, instead of making the entire picture dark, make the background darker than the focus (eg. the character), it really looks nice when you do that.

How it is right now though is still pretty good, 6/10.
game over

Offline voidicus

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 12:27:11 PM »
I'm normally a stingy one when it comes to signatures, considering how much space they take up; yours is sort of visually unsettling because of the height:width ratio. A good rule of thumb that I've at least followed is to keep the ratio around 1:4/h:w. You need to remember that there's a lot of other people that will inevitably post, and a very tall signature just makes more scrolling room.

As Psycho said before me, though, it's also really dark, despite the fact that I'm able to make out the subject matter after some thinking. It's also fairly clear that it is made of three separate images stitched together, something you might want to avoid; the transition between the middle image and the right image is very harsh and sudden, and visually frustrating!

Psycho covered ragdolls and GMod lighting well; you really have to play around with it to get the desired effect.

Overall, since it's nice to be picky about some things; I'd recommend retaking the three screenshots, smoothing out the transitions (preferably give them varying backgrounds of similar colors, [or a single black background and only take one screenshot] for a much more slick looking transition), and spreading the image out to be quite a bit wider.

Offline Storm

• Bluff
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »
Great sig, 8.5/10, could you possibly make me one, if you could I would just want it for my COTA, CCA, and CWU, anyway good job on your sig, like they said kind of dark but it's all good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal