Author Topic: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications Cycle 2 ||::>  (Read 17080 times)

Offline NDsmore

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications Cycle 2 ||::>
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2011, 06:34:01 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: NDsmore

IC Character Name: Jack Sawyer

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.  Jack has been a citizen in city 18 for only a short time, but he is already sick of the crimes he sees all around him every day in his life that is always in danger either from his fellow citizens, or just simply being in the wrong place, at the wrong time. He is always constantly threatend from being mugged, or simply knocked out for fun. Jack is sick of this constant struggle for daily survival, and wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority (CCA) so he may live a better life, a life in which he has authority and respect from his fellow citizens.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Jack is a good honest soul, he is a hard worker, and a very quick thinker, he is also a good listener, and can hear things in peoples voices others cannot. He never wants to be involved with the resistance or the occasional street brawl, as he knows it can only lead to trouble. Jack also preffers to solve things with his wits rather than his fists, even though he knows how to fight.

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? I expect that if Jack was to get into the CAA, I would think that it would be a better life for my character, knowing that you have people with you that you can actually trust. I also expect there will be some situations that will provide some fantastic roleplay moments for me and Jack, giving us our dose of fun and exitment. Although I expect Jack's life will be a bit rough to start off with if he manages to get accepted,but I know that life will get better for him as he learns to be a better person in the CAA.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words. Unfortunately, Jack cannot remember his past life before the seven hour war, as he woke up in city 18 with a bump on his head and could not remeber anything from his life, exept for his name, and knowlege that has become instinctive to him throughout his life (I.e. how to read/write, punch, etc) when he woke up he walked out into the plaza, and saw the Nexus, he started to remeber the seven hour war, and how he got into city 18, but nothing before that. Someone then called Jack into an alleyway, and knocked him out cold, when Jack woke up he had no food, water or tokens... Jack could not approach a member ot the CCA because he never saw the man's face. Jack went inside the CCH, and in the doorway he saw an Identification tag that had his name on it! He picked it up, and found out who he was, and what he was... according to the card he was a common citizen. He walked out of the building and saw a man being detained on a wall nearby, the man was resisting. Jack recognised his voice as the mugger from the street, and watched with a smile of satisfaction on his face, as the mugger was knocked unconsious and taken to the Nexus... But the smile dropped as soon as he heard "This man has just ruined everyone's chance for rations". The CCA had the power to do that? Jack thought to himself, and the smile returned to his face, and he swore that one day, he would become a member of the CAA.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? I have been playing on RP servers now for about one year

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 10 months- a year

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? a whole week

4. What Time zone are you in? GMT +10

5. In what country do you live? Australia

6. How old are you? I am 15 years old

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? When I was on a Fallout roleplaying server when I managed to RP killing a ghoul with my bare hands (It was tough!)

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? I do consider myself a good listener, as I like to hear the stories of other Role-Players.

IC Section

Full Name: Jack Sawyer
CID: #09721
Height: Five foot 9
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 95 Kilograms
Mental Distinctions: Quick thinker.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: Great reading skills, Quick thinking, Can spot out lies in peoples voices.
Notable Qualities: A good runner, Quick thinking, Can spot out lies in peoples voices, Listens

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No I have not

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes, whenever I am hungry or thirsty

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Willing, and able

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? I do

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? I will ALWAYS remain loyal and faithful.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? Because for too long I have been forced to face punishment for other peoples actions, and have been tormented by my fellow Citizens. I wish to join the CAA so I can at least have people beside me who I can trust, and they can trust me in return, and also I would be able to have a place in situations that need me to help, and use authority to solve these situations created by my fellow Citizens, If I were accepted into the CCA.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Jack Sawyer hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted- Ask a superadmin+ in-game for your whitelist.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:14:03 AM by Toy4x4funrun »

Offline Xanthius Savala

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2011, 07:26:52 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Xanthius

IC Character Name: Xanthius Savala

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so:

My Character, Xanthius Savala, wishes to join CCA because he has never truly been accepted. As soon as he arrived at C12 he could tell something was amiss. He felt the rebellion coming, somewhere deep within. He saw the death and the pain the rebellion had brought. He was shot, robbed, stabbed, humiliated, marred and maimed before it was all over. He was moved to C18 during the rebellion, because he was not considered in anyway to be a part of the pandemonium. Once he arrived there nothing had changed.. He was still being robbed for his rations, starving due to it, and even tied up and left to die behind an old building. This is what set him on the path for applying for CCA; this is why he wants to approach this New Era... So no one has to deal with the pain and suffering that he did.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy):

Xanthius is a very Trustworthy man, He's never lied a day in his life. He's very Lawful, he does not condone criminal behavior. He is Inspiring, due to his time spent at youth camp when he was younger. He's a Quick Learner, Very Intelligent, Competent, and has always been vert fast to react. Lastly, he's Good on his feet, and always in control.

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?

My character is expecting to be able to help control and keep safe the citizens of C18. He doesn’t want to see this city go up in flames; see those lives lost again, as he had before. He wants to help maintain rule with an iron first, and keep the city that he lives and stays in as safe as possible for himself, and those around him. He expects to be able to do what he needs to do to live in peace, and to keep the city under control

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words:

Xanthius woke up to a loud bang, the world shaking, as if a giant was holding his Cal Tech dorm room in his hands a shaking it violently. Xanthius stumbled out of bed, thrusting the door open, he sprinted down the hallway trying to get out; he stumbles down the stairs and out the emergency exit door. He looks around the parking lot to see what was happening, but all he could see was smoke from burning cars, and all he could hear was ringing from the constant explosions and gunshots. He turns to his left and begins to run to the house nearest the school...  Where his cousin lived, and where his whole family, mother, sister, girlfriend, father, and uncle, were all setting up his 21st birthday party. He had just stepped onto the street between the school and the house, when he heard tires screeching. He turns to his right to see a group of devilish yellow eyed soldiers armed with what seemed to be pulse guns. Now he began sprinting towards the house when all of a sudden he was hit, his world twisted and faded away.

He awoke in a cell with about 18 other people, a couple in the corner who seemed scared out of their minds, and a regular bunch of people sitting against the walls. The cell was grungy and not well maintained, and he could see from the look of it that they were beginning to hand out clothing to the prisoners. When the Combine came in and handed him and the other prisoners their clothes, they got dressed and stepped out to follow him. They were all directed onto a train, seated and told to not talk. There were a few mumbles and the occasional whisper, until a woman next to Xanthius turned and said, “What do you think these monsters are going to do to us?” And before he could respond a Combine boarded the train, grabbed the woman, and pulled her away.

They soon arrived at City 12, (see answer one for events there) where he had stayed for five years, rummaging in trash, and living off rations. Occasionally he would visit one of the women from the cell he was in and her boyfriend and she would feed him to the best of her ability.

After Five long and painful years of living in City 12, the rebels who had treated him so terribly began to stage a takeover. Xanthius and a few others were taken away, once the COTA came into to squash the rebellion under their iron fists, and sent off to a different city, City 18.

Once Xanthius arrived at City 18, not much had changed from the previous city; he was still maltreated. One day Xanthius went outside CCH and noticed that there was something moving behind some barricades, so he approached it. A giant Antlion Guard flew out from the barrier and charged him, seeking to make him pray. Xanthius moved as quickly as he could, but the only reason he had escaped was because of the CCA. A COTA and three CCA recruits sprang into action, firing their weapons at the Antlion who had breached the premises, saving Xanthius in the process.

That was the day he realized what he had to do… He had to help the CCA protect and secure the citizens of City 18.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general: I’ve role played for probably..  6+ years. I played one of the first Gmod RP beta servers, on a 1994 RP map. I always have appreciated a good RP server for the depth and ability to use imagination.

2. How long have you played on serious servers:  I’ve played serious RP servers such as Taco and Banana serious RP, and I’ve played every serious Kuro mod that I remember seeing for as long as they stayed around. I’d round it off to about four years of experience overall.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming: I’ve played Catalyst gaming for… three weeks to a month... maybe more.

4. What Time zone are you in: I live in Cali, Pacific time zone.

5. In what country do you live: I live in the United States of America, in Southern California.

6. How old are you: I am Twenty-five years old, turning twenty six in a couple weeks.

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience: My most memorable RP Experience...? Well, Last night Roflwaffle cut my arm off in front of 7 civilians, then laughed about it as blood sprayed all over the walls. So that might be one of them. Or back in old TB days when we attempted to contain the combine in the nexus for as long as possible... didn’t go down so well, but it was very fun.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener: Yes, I would like to think so… Good at learning new things as well.

IC Section

Full Name: Xanthius Savala
CID: #83709
Height: 6'0
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Weight: 165
Mental Distinctions: Intelligent, Stable, Very good Hand Eye Coordination.
Mental Defects: Very Bitter, Not very emotional.
Mental Advantages :Quick to react, Cool headed, Decisive.
Notable Qualities: Strong, Quick on my feet, Quick Learner, Willing to give life for fellow comrades, Loyal and will take orders without question.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain: Not really.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations: Yes, I Always do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union:

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live: Yes, I will give my life to protect what I think is right… And the Universal Union, is what is right.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority:  I personally believe that even though at first I thought the methodology of this world wide takeover was cruel… I now believe that what is happening is just. I wish to instill that belief and to revoke and doubts from my fellow citizens about CCA, and the iron fist of rule they need and should have over them. I wish to keep my fellow citizens in line so that we can prosper.

I, Xanthius Savala hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:16:01 AM by Toy4x4funrun »

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Bokslag

IC Character Name: Jack Pratner

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. My character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority to help stop the recent rise in Anti-Civil activity. He believes that as a Civil Protection Officer he can help keep the streets safer. He thinks that he will make a large difference if he is in the CCA. He also loves the idea of being in power and controlling others, though he would never say so. He hopes that his presence in the Combine Civil Authority will help the city and all of the Universal Union become a better and safer place. His sister also became a Civil Protection officer in City 9. She was killed during a raid. This is another one of the reasons he wishes to become a CCA officer.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Trustworthy, Short fused, Loyal.

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? I think that the Combine Civil Authority will help me become a better role-player and allow me to make an interesting story for my character. I believe that his power hungry attitude will make it hard for him as a recruit. I think that once he realizes how little power he actually has he will attempt to get a much higher rank. He will most likely envy and hate all of his superiors because they have more power than him. He will always follow orders but most likely not like to, he will also hate the boring daily routine of patrolling. I think it will be a very enriching role play experience.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words. My character was born in New York in 1988. He lived in New York until he was 18, then he moved to England. He worked there for many years as an engineer. When the combine came he was on a vacation. His cruise ship was sunk by the combine and he managed to make it onto one of the escape rafts. That day he swore revenge on the combine but since has been brainwashed by the water and the propaganda. He now believes that the ship sank due to a malfunction and that the combine came and saved him from drowning.

When he arrived at C18 he quickly made many enemies. He found out that a man had a gun and reported it to the Combine Civil Authority. They thanked him and the man who had the gun said that he would get his friends to kill him. Later that day many shots were fired in and around D2. He met two men in the city. One is fairly odd and the other seems nice. He was talking to a man who was named Dunzie Boss and introduced himself. Then a man named Marcus came and introduced himself, these two are the only friends Jack has.

Jack has had a horrible history of making enemies that started in City 9. He has always been kind to the combine and turned in people and was even a spy for the combine in C9. One day though, he messed with the wrong kind of people. Some men had figured out he was a spy and had set a trap. They told him they had hidden a pile of guns and ammo in a secret base. When Jack turned the info in to the CP they went there. The men were waiting with guns and took down the CP and Jack easily. Luckily a CWU medical worker heard him and saved him from bleeding out. One of the Civil Protection officers was his sister, this is another reason he wants to become Civil protection, so that he can stop more pointless deaths like his sister's.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? About two years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? About a year.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Since mid-April

4. What Time zone are you in? MST (GMT -6)

5. In what country do you live? United States of America

6. How old are you? 13

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? When I was on another Half-Life 2 Role Play server and I was in the CWU. A man came and said his friend had been hurt. I came into his apartment and noticed nothing was there. Then the man pulled a gun and said I had to do exactly what he said. I told him I needed to use the bathroom so he let me. In there I called the CP with my requester. Then I did as he said. When the CP arrived it was amazing. They breached the room so cleanly that no blood was spilled! They managed to capture the man and free me. I was taken in for questioning and the man was amputated. It was very fun...

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Jack Pratner
CID: #72457
Height: 6'1
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Weight: 130 lbs.
Mental Distinctions: Engineering training.
Mental Defects: Short temper.
Mental Advantages: Decisive, Tactical,
Notable Qualities: Engineering training, Loyal, Trustworthy

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes, I am willing.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes, I accept all actions performed by me and those under my command as my responsibility.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes, I will remain loyal.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? I would like to join the CCA to help keep the streets of City 18 safer and to aid the Universal Union.

I, Jack Pratner hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted- Ask a superadmin+ for your whitelist in-game.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:28:18 PM by Toy4x4funrun »
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's not a skirt."
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's a dress."

npatasky

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2011, 02:38:49 PM »
*retry*
OOC Section

OOC Name: e-|A|. O'Neill-SG*1(fail^2+c)

IC Character Name: Nathaniel Patasky

1) Being tied into the Combine's fingers is what brought Nathaniel into the CCA, always crossing paths and being detained for offenses, and later giving useful information proving worthy to the Combine. This is what akes his heart intimate for the people of the CCA, this being so, he has turned loyal to the Combine after being tired of the uncivil treatment of the Rebels. He finds himself now staying away from D2 for personal reasons of his own, and to stay away from troulbe by the CCA.

2) Please detail your characters traits: He's a very lawful person, believe in purity in honesty, although this comes with another characteristic too, he's an awful smartass, stating the obvious and being sarcastic, which brings him to his next trait, Nathaniel is a very intelligent person, he used to be a Rebel, and provided them with research, weapons development and security systems for buildings all by hand, truly a unique person.

3) I expect it to be fun, not expecting action, but really, I am expecting a great and better experience as a part of the Combine/CCA. I have past experience in other servers as a Civil Protection officer in RP, so really, it should be a lot of which I have seen before, who knows, new experiences always cometh forth.
I just hope that I have a lot of fun being a sub-human lifeform.

4) Nathaniel was just aloner, he was always running around doing absolutely nothing, before he found himself at the feet of the Rebels, he always built things, even before the 7-Hour-War, he was a builder, building robots, doohickies and little gadgets, working for the Rebels after the war, he built a bar for leisure purposes in D2, everyone came to it atleast once in the city, making it a popular house for calm and relaxing pleasures, until the Combine found it and tore it down, putting a "Combine lock" on the door. Nathaniel
now finds himself being a cooperative and loyal citizen to the CCA, giving information and having ties with the Adrenaline DvLs, he used to be apart of the Order of the Black Eagle, a rebel resistance group, he is now a loyalist at heart, wanting to make an application for the CCA for the greater good of the people of C18, this being so, he reports any improper behavior to the Combine, working for the sub-human kind helps him gain great respect, which is exactly what he wants.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?: Quite a bit, I love roleplaying in general!

2. How long have you played on serious servers?: Many times, millions maybe, it's fun!

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?: Couple of Months, Regular Player now.

4. What Time zone are you in?: Eastern American time

5. In what country do you live?: United States of America

6. How old are you?: 14

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?: I don't really have one, every experience is a fine one, but maybe the OTA raid in D2, it was pretty awesome, as I grabbed an AR2 and salvaged it's parts for better use because my character couldn't use it ICly.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?: Yes, I do, I follow many directions.

IC Section

Full Name: Nathaniel Patasky
CID: 21015
Height: 5'4
Hair Colour: Red
Eye Colour: Green
Weight: 145
Mental Distinctions: Quick thinker, stubborn
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: Great hearing, Relaxed, Excellent eye-sight
Notable Qualities: Agile, Thin, Great Runner

1. I have been detained plenty of times, but even when detained, remain cooperative, which is a good sign of loyalty and respect.

2. I do not normally eat Combine isued rations, but use the tokens when given.

3. I will and shall voluntarily give my life to the CCA

4. I will and shall accept all responsibilites as a CCA member.

5. I will remain loyal for as long as I live, forever as a member of the CCA

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?: It is the loyalty and respect that I shall give my life unto them, for this, I believe that I will become a part of the Combine Civil Authority, binding my mind, body, and soul to the Combine forces, the iron that the Combine hold will keep the combine prosper, that is my soverign belief, as it always shall be, which is exactly why I need to join the Combine.

I, Nathaniel Patasky hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied- Application does not meet requirements and too many grammar mistakes.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:30:43 PM by Toy4x4funrun »

Offline Bornkllajazzman

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2011, 12:14:52 PM »
Toy4x4funrun- Putting on hold for wrap up.[/i][/u][/b]

OOC Section

OOC Name:starcraft29

IC Character Name:Zack Witherlum

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
My character wishes to join the CCA because he believes that he could assist in making the streets safer, aswell as serving the benefactors, as they are our saviours. Throughout his time in City 18 he has witnessed harassment, robbery, and citizens exploiting the city aswell as the benefactors gifts to the general populace. My character is tired of struggle that he has to go through and if he is to be accepted into the CCA then that struggle would end for him, and he will no longer have to live in fear.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Trustworthy, dedicated, lawful, and loyal.

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?
I expect it to be serious and for it to be hard work because of all the patrolling and other things. But my character has done nothing most of his life and will enjoy this new experience to his life. He will be excited and will dedicate his life for it as it will become his duty. Myself and my character will put a lot of effort into this.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words.

Zack was born Toronto and lived there with his mother and father.His father worked as an auto-dealer and his mother was a stay at home mom. Life was good for Zack as his father would be making a lot of money from his job and Zack almost got anything he wanted. Zack was a spoiled child until he turned 18 and had to move out, so he decided to live in an apartment and find a good job. He got a job at his local supermarket and also met a nice girl that worked at a flower shop across the street, he talked to the girl and they began dating not to long after they met. They dated for 2 years until Zack moved in with his girlfriend, they lived happily.

Then, it happened, the combine came and the war began, everyone was trying to get out of the city without getting caught. Zack and his girlfriend heard about what was happening on the news and were devastated, the superintedent of the building told everyone to get into the basement. Not much people were there as it was only a 4 story building, and most of the people living there already left. They stayed there and waited, but the war was only 7 hours. When the gun fire had stopped they decided to leave the building and get somewhere safer. They all agreed on leaving so they left the building but were caught not to long after. Unfotunetaly, Zack was seperated from everyone else, and transferred to City 18.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 5 months.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 4 months.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 3 weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in? Eastern

5. In what country do you live? Canada.

6. How old are you? 17

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
When me and a small squad had to infiltrate a base and cut the power connecting to some machine allowing us and the rest of our team to get past their defenses. Most of us died in the end forcing us to fall back because the enemies had better weapons. Coast 11 Rp server.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I consider myself an excellent listener.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Section

Full Name: Zack Witherlum
CID: #40877
Height: 6'3
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Green
Sexual Orientation: HeteroSexual
Weight: 197
Mental Distinctions: Sane, stable.
Mental Defects: N/A
Mental Advantages: Logical, Quick thinker, decisive.
Notable Qualities: Intelligent, good runner.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.
2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, always.
3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.
4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.
5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.
6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to help stop all anti-civil acts against the CCA and help make City 18 a more safer and productive place for citizens to live in.

I, Zack Witherlum hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Autodenied. You already applied and failed two times this cycle. Try again in cycle 3. - Nicknero1405
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:48:16 PM by Nicknero1405 »
Benjamin A. Nestor:
Selling Scrap & Goods - Considered a Domestic Terrorist

Zack Witherlum:
Regular Citizen.

Ching Lu:
Surviving in the Outlands.

npatasky

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2011, 04:33:55 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: e-|A|. O'Neill-SG*1(fail^2+c)

IC Character Name: Nathaniel Patasky

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.: My character was brought down by the CCA plenty of times, which leads him to act in a more proper way. He has been detained enough times to realize that it isn't worth it, turning into a loyalist, he now applies for the CCA.

2) Please detail your characters traits: Lawful, Sarcastic, Intelligent

3) I have had past experience in being a Combine Overwatch on another server, so being a part of the Metropolice forces probably wouldn't be as different. I expect a lot of fun on this server being a part of the Combine Civil Authority, which is what I know that I will definitely get.

4) Nathaniel was eight-teen when the 7-Hour-War occurred, he was a squad leader for Hawk squad, one of the unorganized squads with no relation to an Army or Military, he was a freedom fighter, three men, loyal men, making four of them, including him. This is where he would grow his hatred for the Combine, this is where Nathaniel would fight until his last breath, or so he thought. His three men got killed by OTAs, when this happened, his rage unraveled, a sacrifice was made for Nathaniel’s greater good.
He literally ripped the helmet off one of the Overwatch, and beat him senselessly until his head was a mush, and ran off to the canals, where he laid low for months and months.
No one found him until a CCA patrol knocked him to the ground, beat him up, and transported him to City 18.
Nathaniel was nine-teen when he made it into City 18, it took him five minutes to realize that there was a rebellion growing, this lead his intelligence and bright mind to work on research for weapons, security, sleuth around on his computer for Combine details, etcetera. Building the computer by hand with wasted materials thrown on the streets that could be used for better purposes, Nathaniel became the professional Scientist for the Rebels, he created a bar for leisure and relaxation, with the computer within these walls, later, being attacked and raided by the Combine when he wasn’t there.
 Coming back to finding his bar destroyed with a Combine lock on it, he finally understood what he had to do. Join the CCA or face the consequences.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?: A few years maybe.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?: Plenty of times to the point where I know what I'm doing.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?: Two months at least.

4. What Time zone are you in?: Eastern American Time

5. In what country do you live? United States

6. How old are you? 14

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?: When the rebels and I faced the OTA and got our asses beat, sure we lost, but it was fun to be a radio operator and get involved.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?: What? Oh, a good listener? No, I'm joking, I'm probably one of the best listeners on the server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Section

Full Name: Nathaniel Patasky
CID: 21015
Height: 5"4
Hair Colour: Red
Eye Colour: Green
Weight: 115
Mental Distinctions: Quick thinker, stubborn
Mental Advantages: Great hearing, Relaxed, Excellent eye-sight
Notable Qualities: Agile, Thin, Great Runner

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?: I have been detained plenty of times, and it is what led my character to applying for the CCA.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?: Yes, now I do after realize how important they are for passive-RP.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?: Yes, and I will give my life to the Universal Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?: I will and shall accept ALL actions performed by me and those under my command as my OWN responsibility.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?: Loyalty is what I live and die for, I will remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union for as long as I live.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?: I have been played around with so many times, it's just that being detained and realizing it isn't worth the trouble leads me to believe that the CCA are superior, so I wish to train and become a true loyalist for the greater good of humanity.

I, Nathaniel Patasky hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied- Application does not meet requirements. Apply next cycle. Note: Any other applications in this cycle will be denied.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:09:10 PM by Toy4x4funrun »

Offline Made Man

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2011, 06:24:10 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Complexion

IC Character Name: Daniel Lanson

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

My character arrived to City18 ( or 17 ) when he was 26, he caught numourous amounts of lolrebels, minges, excetera. He was upset about this madness, and felt very ashamed about them, he tried to stop them with his force, but kept failing and failing at many times that was appropiate on him, until it was time to be stopped.

He was mugged by lolrebels many times, and was always encountered by many, many amounts of them.
He felt ashamened, and decided to apply for the Civil Protection A.K.A Combine Authority. The time he tried to fight for himself failed against the lolrebels, and decided to minge kill him with lethal force, and made too much trouble against everyone.

He is struggling to stop this non-sense, and wants to make these lolrebels from evading the city.

My character is very athletic, his reaction time is at a normal speed, and also keeps his mind on the options he is currently going through,

He keeps himself away from trouble, basically he just wants a normal life, instead of being beaten multiple times. He is considered trustful, from his numourous times of catching anti-citizens, and other kind of responses towards it.

He is very honest towards the units, and also people that respect him enough to let him be trusted at a awful high rate of friendship, or just an easy relationship against them.

I would expect, myself being very well toned at both Passive, and also Action, Passive is used many times, and really puts an edge against your roleplay, action just makes it much more of a catchy phrase, and causes more people to join, something that will consult me to be finally good at something.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words.

Daniel was found loyal, and also very honest against the Universal Union, there he started out trying to be a loyalist, trying to catch many anti-citizens, and prevent the rebels from changing the city in to something that will ruin it, or just becoming a wasteland.

There he started entering the Slums, but noticed it was very dangerous for him, and he could be false alarmed as a anti-citizen, he exited the Slums just for complete measures, noticing other citizens were entering, and had suspious faces on them. He walked in front of the District 2 gate, and waited for along time, trying to stop many citizens as possible.

He wanted to be much more then being a loyalist, he wanted to become a Civil Protection unit, seeming he wanted to know if the citizens were going to stop even if a unit was there, he made a slight face of agreement, then walked towards the paper that was placed, and had a strange tag on it, " CWU Permitted, Permit Safety. " said on the back of it, and was actually a sticker, he wrote on it on what details he was allowed, then sent them towards a unit, sooner, or later he might become a unit, or not...

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?

I've been roleplaying on roleplay servers for about two years, I think that is how much I've played in my previous years, and I was pretty surprised to see that a role-play was going to be much better, and also maybe was going to have good players, and was consulted with many, many amounts of fun that is pasted.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?

I've only been on serious servers for about three years, or two, I forgot how long I've been on those servers, but I suggest they are pretty well designed, and are well played on other players, and I've roleplayed good at some times, if it is very important, instead of those minges running around, that play DarkRP many times and ruin the whole thing.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?

I have only played on this server for around the amount of years, and also months, which is possibly around two months, and I've seen many roleplayers that are perferred good. I've been on here for amount of time because of how catchy it was, and also what consequences I would meet within this server.

4. What Time zone are you in?

(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time ( US & Canada. )

5. In what country do you live?

I mainly now live in Newfoundland and Labrador.

6. How old are you?

16 years old.

I remember myself tying down a unit, which was very detailed, and also excellent, I caused a bunch of roleplay in it, and was agreed with the unit I tied down.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?

Yes, I consider myself a good listener.

IC Section

Full Name: Daniel Lanson
CID: 91258
Height: 6'5
Weight: 146lbs
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Defects: Sane
Mental Advantages: Sane
Notable Qualities: ( Optional: None. )

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?

I've never been detained, because of my honesty I've apprehended, and also my loyalist against the units that I've countered with.

Yes.

Yes, I will remain loyal, and always will be.

Yes, I accept these actions.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?

Yes, sir.

I want the city to be safe, I caught many anti-citizens that just caused amount of trouble, and really caused a mess around the place, I felt very ashamed to see the amount of un-civilized activity around the place, citizens running, causing fights, everything like that, I want that all to stop, and I will be responsible as possible.

I, Daniel Lanson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied- Application does not meet requirements and too many run-on sentences.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:12:34 PM by Toy4x4funrun »

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2011, 01:49:28 AM »
All above posts which wasn't an application has been removed. This thread is only for applications and nothing more. Nothing.

Offline tpunk

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2011, 12:04:54 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: tpunk

IC Character Name: Thomas Rice

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so............My character was has been a little lost on the laws. which has led him to be taken down without force but not without question. more and more he realized what the laws were and he is more in line. which has had him gain a lot of respect for the CCA. so he wishes to join among their ranks.

2) Please detail your characters traits.

fair but forceful - he will not take you in for something that he isnt truly sure you did. he gets the full story before flying off the handle. but when things get out of hand, he puts his foot down.

Loyal , reliable, and hard working - My character is a a person you can rely on to get the job done and get it done right. and he is very loyal and a great listener to his superiors.

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?.........I expect the CCA to be demanding but full of experience. the role requires A lot of maturity and responsibility. i think i will be doing a lot of patrolling to watch for unlawful citizens. and i have to keep my cool (Out Of Character) and not to get carried away. so this will be a perfect RP experience

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words..........Living in City 18 all his life. Thomas has had a pretty rough life. When Thomas Turned 14, both his parents were killed while passing by a roit. when waling up to the crowd they were shot down by some CCA attempting to take down fleeing rebels. Thomas was forced to raise him self. he took up thievery in back ally areas where the CCA rarely patrol. the items he stole were sold to back ally pawn shops in trade for stolen ration packs. Thomas was almost caught at the age of 17 when he took a stolen watch to the pawn shop and it was being raided by the CCA when they discovered what was going on there. when a recruit spotted him walking him Thomas busted out of the shop and using his fast agility, outran the recruit and got away unrecognized. after that. Thomas gave of being a theif and started his own shoe shining business. making very little. or nothing when he was stood up by assholes taking advantage of him. he owned a very small, ratty, 1 room apartment with just a toilet in the corner and no kitchen, which was located in the poorest clums in City 18. Thomas was just a normal everyday law abiding citizen. the only times he would ever be stopped by or arrested by the CCA is if he were to wander into a crime scene or a restricted area unknowingly. or if he were just taken in for no reason by abusive CCA, or he was just beaten till he was unconscious. all the beatings he was giving has toughen out his body. he is muscular and can now take anything with little to no pain, except for bullets. at the age of 20, Thomas went working for a apartment bloc, by cleaning out apartments. in exchange for his own 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment with a kitchen. and a small amount of money. which is a great turn around from his slum life. he could now afford clothes that weren't sown out of dirty rags. and he finally found a girl that he liked. he would socialize in secrecy with her. among other things they did. a month after Thomas turned 21, his Girlfriend was shot and killed by a CCA officer when he discovered that she worked as a spy for the rebels, gathering information about the CCA. although it was a major tragedy for Thomas, he couldn't let it show or keep him down, or else someone would have caught on. but one day, 3 men came up to Thomas and jumped him after he walked into an ally way after he picked up his ration pack. while then men were beating on him 2 03 level CCA on patrol came running over and took down the crooks. the taller officer lent him a hand and helped him gather this things back into his suitcase. saying everything will be ok. this ultimately changed his view on the CCA, he always thought that they were abusive jerks. but now he realizes that they are what city 18 needs. so he decides to join among there ranks. 

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? over 2 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? over 2 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Ive been with CG from the beginning and when it had different names too, for over a year now.

4. What Time zone are you in? Central

6. How old are you? 18

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? would have been in PERP serious when i was a cop involved in a hostage situation with the mayor and 2 medics. now, most people just want to bust in gins blazing to see if they can kill a hostage takes and get there gun. but i was always standing by the SWAT taking orders from them because they were the superior and were in charge, finally we got someone out of the house to pay them. and as they left i pursued them with 6 other cops and took them in,no casualties, just care full shots knocking out one and making the other 2 give up. the knocked out one was healed and taken in as well as the others.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes. absolutely.

IC Section

Full Name:Thomas Rice
CID:25645
Height:6'1"
Hair Colour:Brown
Eye Colour:Brown
Sexual Orientation:Straight
Weight:185 lbs
Mental Distinctions: sane. calm. attentive
Mental Defects:When I am angry, its ugly,
Mental Advantages: Calm under pressure. takes a lot to make me angry
Notable Qualities:Im fast, Im strong. Im loyal to superiors. Gets the job done

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?.......I was detained once, not sure for what. but i was walking to the ration center when a recruit stopped me and beat me. he dumped me on a 03 level CCA and the recruit could never be found for a real reason. i was released the next day.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes, when ever i get the chance

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes. it is one of my strong points.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes. it is what I stand for. I am a very loyal person.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? I see a lot of civil unrest. and as a citizen i cant do anything about it. I want to join the CCA to keep order among the citizens.

I, _Thomas Rice_ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied- Too many fragment sentences and story does not make sense.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 12:57:38 AM by Toy4x4funrun »

Offline Kitten on Crack

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2011, 12:37:36 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Kitten on Crack

IC Character Name: Adam Wright

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. My character wants to join the CCA because for the short time that he has been in City 18, he has seen a number of Anti-Civil acts. Also he has always been the kind of person that stays out of that type of stuff. Now after the CCA saved his life he feels compelled to join the CCA so he can help aid the stopping of the anti-civilist acts and so he can help protect his fellow people.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Trustworthy, Very lawful

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? I think that it will be a very interesting new experience in my role-playing career and it will let me take the serious role-play that the server has to offer farther.
But from a In-Character stand point, I think that Adam will find it to be a little less then what he originally that it would be, but he will very quickly adapt to the new life style in the CCA.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words. Adam's background goes back before the Seven Hour War, his dad was a Captain in the United States Air Force and his mom worked a simple job as a store manager. He has no siblings or any relatives that live near him. Today, Adam says good bye to his dad as he leaves for another six month deployment, little did Adam know this would be the last time he would see his father again. A few weeks after his dad left the Seven Hour War began. He survived the war with his mother and they were forced to move to City 12. At this time he is 20 years old. He spends the next four years adapting to his new life and also having to deal the anti-civilists constantly tormenting him and his mother. This is where he first considers becoming a part of the CCA. Then one day there was constant gun fire, later that day he was forced to leave his apartment and had to line up on the wall outside. He was then tied up and transported to City 18 without his mother. City 18 isn't what Adam thinks it's going to be like, to his surprise it's under a lot more control then City 12. But he still sees people that are committing anti-civil acts and one day he was walking back from getting his ration he was kidnapped, the CCA found him and saved him from death. Now he feels it is his duty to join the CCA and make sure that his city and his fellow citizens are safe.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? About three years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Year and a half.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? For about two-three weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in? Pacific time zone.

5. In what country do you live? United States of America.

6. How old are you? 24

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? It would have to be when I helped role play a quarantine zone on a server a while ago.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I consider myself a very good listener.

IC Section

Full Name: Adam Wright
CID: #15308
Eye Colour: Gray/Blue
Weight: 170
Mental Distinctions: Sane
Mental Advantages: Tactical and a quick thinker.
Notable Qualities: Takes orders from superiors without question.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes, I do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes, I am willing.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes, I will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? To help keep order and to stop anti-civil acts in City 18.

I, Adam Wright hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied- Application does not meet requirements and stories logic is off.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:09:15 AM by Toy4x4funrun »
Characters:
UCA.C45.UNIFORM-DvL.747
UCA.C18-GRID-SCN.260
Adam Wright
Kristy Wright

Offline tpunk

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2011, 09:58:47 PM »
Roflwaffle gave me permission to re apply for the CCA by redoing the story, there was a misunderstanding. so re read the story. you can ask him too.

OOC Section

OOC Name: tpunk

IC Character Name: Thomas Rice

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so............My character was has been a little lost on the laws. which has led him to be taken down without force but not without question. more and more he realized what the laws were and he is more in line. which has had him gain a lot of respect for the CCA. so he wishes to join among their ranks.

2) Please detail your characters traits.

fair but forceful - he will not take you in for something that he isnt truly sure you did. he gets the full story before flying off the handle. but when things get out of hand, he puts his foot down.

Loyal , reliable, and hard working - My character is a a person you can rely on to get the job done and get it done right. and he is very loyal and a great listener to his superiors.

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?.........I expect the CCA to be demanding but full of experience. the role requires A lot of maturity and responsibility. i think i will be doing a lot of patrolling to watch for unlawful citizens. and i have to keep my cool (Out Of Character) and not to get carried away. so this will be a perfect RP experience

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words..........Thomas dosnt have much of a memory of his past life after the 7 hour war. all he remembers was when it started and his family. but, Thomas was only 20 during the 7 hour war when the combine invaded. at the time he was working 1 of 2 of his jobs when the invasion began. he heard screams outside, running to the window of the mechanic's shop he worked at he could see swarms of people rushing by the shop window. seeing bullets being fired towards the crowds, Thomas runs out the back door escaping to the sewers.  being in hiding for some time, for about a month actually. during that time, he had fallen 5 feet down a hole bumping his head. that caused him to forget his past. Thomas decides to finally resurface a month after the invasion, he sees what has happen around him, and he is confused. He is wondering through the back alleys when he stumbles upon a man about to enter his apartment bloc. he asks the man about what has happened. the man brings him into his apartment, sits him down, Thomas also talked to the man about how he couldnt remember his past, he told him all he knew that he had a family, where they lived and his own name and age, and personal stuff about himself. the man told Thomas about the combine invasion, why they were here and what they were doing, he lays it on him bluntly. Thomas can not even comprehend what has happened. the man also explains what the combine are doing to certain citizens and who is left. Thomas had had a mom, a dad, and a younger brother who was only 15. He freaked out and busted out of the apartment, he couldn't understand what was happening. he thought that his family could be dead. His mind was in an unstable state. He was sprinting as fast as he could towards his home. when he made it to the main streets he crashed into 2 CCA. One of them Threw him to the ground and beat him unconscious. He woke up in a holding cell. an officer was telling him to apply. He was dumb struck. the officer asked him again. Thomas was still lost. Then the officer shoved him to the wall and told him to give him his name and CID. Thomas gave him his name, but asked what a CID is. the officer became furious. thought Thomas was being smart with him. finally, Thomas was finally aware of what was going on that he explained what happened to him. The officer realized what he did, but instead of just killing him or sending him to be turned into a stalker, but he went through the process of getting his CID, unfortunately, he was still thrown in jail for 6 months for un-civil activity. when he was let out after his sentence, he was chosen to live in a apartment bloc. and he worked as a janitor for his apartment complex. knowing what the CCA was all about, Thomas lives as a law abiding citizen, and is somewhat thankful for the CCA. Thomas still doesn't know what happen to his family, but if he tries to ask around or find out what really did happen, then he would be arrested. so after a couple of months he let it all go, and is now trying to join the CCA.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? over 2 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? over 2 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Ive been with CG from the beginning and when it had different names too, for over a year now.

4. What Time zone are you in? Central

6. How old are you? 18

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? would have been in PERP serious when i was a cop involved in a hostage situation with the mayor and 2 medics. now, most people just want to bust in gins blazing to see if they can kill a hostage takes and get there gun. but i was always standing by the SWAT taking orders from them because they were the superior and were in charge, finally we got someone out of the house to pay them. and as they left i pursued them with 6 other cops and took them in,no casualties, just care full shots knocking out one and making the other 2 give up. the knocked out one was healed and taken in as well as the others.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes. absolutely.

IC Section

Full Name:Thomas Rice
CID:25645
Height:6'1"
Hair Colour:Brown
Eye Colour:Brown
Sexual Orientation:Straight
Weight:185 lbs
Mental Distinctions: sane. calm. attentive
Mental Defects:When I am angry, its ugly,
Mental Advantages: Calm under pressure. takes a lot to make me angry
Notable Qualities:Im fast, Im strong. Im loyal to superiors. Gets the job done

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?.......I was detained once, not sure for what. but i was walking to the ration center when a recruit stopped me and beat me. he dumped me on a 03 level CCA and the recruit could never be found for a real reason. i was released the next day.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes, when ever i get the chance

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes. it is one of my strong points.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes. it is what I stand for. I am a very loyal person.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? I see a lot of civil unrest. and as a citizen i cant do anything about it. I want to join the CCA to keep order among the citizens.

I, _Thomas Rice_ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:54:56 AM by Toy4x4funrun »

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2011, 12:59:40 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:
NinjaShrimp

IC Character Name:
Nate 'Smoke' Lee

My character wants to join the CCA because he is tired of living a monotonous and oppressed life as a citizen. He thinks that joining the CCA is the way to a better life. The prospect of wielding power and control over people is also an aspect of Nate's decision, although he would never admit that in person.

Dedicated, Loyal, Focused, Respectful, Aspiring

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
For me, roleplaying as a metrocop will be a welcome change of setting. I think there will be many opportunities to RP in interesting situations that would not be encountered as a citizen.
From the perspective of Nate, I think he will be somewhat disappointed with the endless patrolling and etc. One of the reasons he joined the CCA was to experience more excitement in his life, however, once he faces up to reality I think he will work hard and try to go as far as he can.

Nate was born into a family of wealth and comfort. Both of his parents were high-ranking executives of an affluent Japanese corporation. Nate's childhood was an idyllic one, some would even say spoiled.

The bubble burst when Nate was 10. His father was charged with large-scale fraud and scandal and was subsequently fired from his job. In shame, he forced his family to move out of the country, to the United States. Predictably, Nate's father was unable to find a job because of his past, not to mention the formidable language barrier. Nate's mother was left to support the family by herself.

These years were most disorienting for young Nate. His whole world had been turned upside down; the two most important people in his life had been reduced to squabbling, incompetent wrecks of their former selves. Nate struggled through high school regardless, even while doing extra jobs to make extra money for his family.

Upon graduating, Nate found himself intensely pressured by his parents to go to college for a shiny new degree in buisness. However, Nate had become increasingly disillusioned by the promise of a future in buisness. He was also sick of sacrificing his grades and social life for his parents.

On the night of his 18th birthday, Nate stole a large amount of money from his parents and ran away from home. His new life consisted of hitchhiking from city to city, living the life and seeing the sights, so to speak.

When Nate's money inevitably ran out, he found himself stuck working numerous odd jobs. His goal became to collect enough money to hit the road again. Months later, Nate felt he had enough money to last a few more weeks.

Nate was passing through a major city when the Combine attacked earth. As such, Nate was caught in the midst of the chaos and carnage of a 7-hour war. He somehow got out of the city alive.

After surviving the Combine's initial assault, Nate's first thought was to find his parents. Now, he regretted leaving them in the first place. He began making his way back to his parents' town, traveling on foot and at night with small groups of refugees.

During this time, Nate witnessed many atrocities committed among his fellow humans. Lone refugees were raped or mugged by gangs of desperate survivors. The wounded were stripped, looted, and left to die. Violence. Bickering. Humanity's primitive roots were unleashed in the hope for survival.

In the ruined outskirts of his parents' town, a weary and bitter Nate was picked up by a Combine patrol. So close, yet so far. He still had no idea if his parents were alive or dead. Nate was twenty years old.

Nate was processed and sent to city 18. In the city, Combine propaganda concerning "human instinct" as an enemy resonated with Nate. He thought back to his childhood and his well-to-do father's crimes. He recalled his own adolescant rebellion. Most of all, the events of his travel with the refugees was still engrained in his memory.

Yes, he thought. Yes. It all made sense, he reasoned to himself. Our root human nature is truly the enemy here.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? About a year

2. How long have you played on serious servers? About 7 months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Around 2 weeks

4. What Time zone are you in? USA Pacific time (GMT -8)

6. How old are you? 16 (in a few days)

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? On a city 8 server, a friend and I role-played a fight in the street. It was very well done and was not mistaken for minging.
We used /y, /me, /it, and various animations, and we never even "punched" each other. The CPs responded to the fight IC, knocked us out, and dragged our bodies to the Nexus for Civil Judgement via stunstick.
Again, the whole episode was very well RP'd, and it taught me that there is a huge difference between punchwhoring someone in the street "HURR IMMA FITE WIT U" and actually role-playing it.

Yes. But not when there is lag.

9. Do you have Ventrillo?
No.

IC Section

Full Name:
Nate Lee
CID:
Height:
5'11"
Hair Colour
None. Bald.
Eye Colour:
Brown
Sexual Orientation:
Straight.
Weight:
126 lbs
Mental Distinctions:
Sane, Stable
Mental Defects:
Little medical knowledge.
Mental Advantages:
High IQ, quick thinker, decisive.
Notable Qualities:
Good distance runner. Intelligent. Can-do attitude. Loyal to comrades. Takes orders from superiors without question.

Yes, an anti-citizen ran up to me as he was pursued by Civil Protection. The Officer mistakenly believed I was affiliated with the anti-citizen and searched/interrogated me.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I agree that base instincts must be purged for the betterment of the human race. I aspire to make a difference by helping the Universal Union accomplish that. I want to help my fellow citizens by enforcing Universal Union laws. I know it is for their own good.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen. I, Nate Lee hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:01:35 PM by Toy4x4funrun »
A real human beeeeeiiinnnggg.

Offline {[MR]} Heineken

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2011, 07:57:12 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Heineken

IC Character Name: Gerard Heineken

Well first of all, most of the time my Character gets mugged allot, not only that he gets insulted over and over again about his face. He also sees this stuff happen to others, and since my character is a friendly guy, he wants to help the CC's stop this. He's also sick of the same cycle of life every day over and over again. Wake up, go get food, get fucked up and go to bed.

Trustworthy, lawful, mean and smart.

He expects to minimize the anti-civil behavior and crimes, also he expects to have a different live then what he has at the moment. And of course, serve the good citizens of the city. He can be mean of course, but when the citizens co-operate he wont hurt them.... that much :)

Gerard Heineken is a male Citizen who was moved to this city about three months ago. The first time he saw how Civil protection units do their jobs in the city was when he got off the train, at the train station. It was a checkpoint, citizens had to do the simplest thing, apply with their details, but even then they showed anti-civil behaviour. When he got off the train he was happy to start a fresh life in this new city, but the problems started as soon as he tried to get a room. No one liked him and no one had respect for him. Every room he knocked on he got rejected. He tried to build up some reputation but failed after every try. But when he was about to loose all his hope, on the top floor in the CCH a group of citizens got, let's say, sent to another place. So the room was availible for new citizens. He rushed and claimed the room as soon as possible. But, that didn't mean that he would live happy. His life was very boring, everyday the same cycle. Wake up, get food, get fucked up and go to bed, nothing exciting to do actually. When he tried to earn some money, he got mugged over and over again. Now, he is broke... Everytime he looked out of the window, he saw Civil Protection Units man-handle the Citizens. He thought... and filled this application. So at the moment, he is probably sitting in a corner, hoping his applicaiton gets accepted.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About 5 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Let's say, three years?

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
About a month

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT+1

5. In what country do you live?
The Netherlands, Amsterdam

6. How old are you?
17, Turning 18 @ 16/03

When I joined a roleplay server and saw what roleplay was :)

That's not for me to decide, but I will have to go with yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Gerard Heineken
CID: (Server down)
Height: 5'6
Hair Colour Black
Weight: 72KG
Mental Advantages: Quick thinker
Notable Qualities: Fast runner, good aimer and loyal.

No

Yes, every time I can.

Yes I do.

Yes, I do accept.

Yes

To make the city a more civil place

I, Gerard Heineken hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied- Minor grammar issues and application not long enough.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:03:47 PM by Toy4x4funrun »

Offline Kitten on Crack

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2011, 08:15:14 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Kitten on Crack

IC Character Name: Adam Wright

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. For the while that Adam has been in City 18 he has been helping the CCA find out who is committing murders and other unlawful things. So this would be a way for him to help out even more and for him to fit in for once in his life. He also wants to join because he feels it is his duty after the CCA saved his life many times, one of them being when he got kidnapped and left to die.

Trustworthy, Very lawful

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? I think that it will be a very interesting new experience in my role-playing career and it will let me take the serious role-play that the server has to offer farther. Adam on the other hand is expecting it to be very exiting and challenging, but will probably find out that it's not all fun and games. Also I think he won't expect how hard it will really be helping make sure that City 18 is a safe and secure place to live.   

Adam was born into a well known and rich family, his father being a Colonel in the United States Air Force and his mother being the CEO of a major company. Adam never had to do anything in his life because of his families wealth everything was done for him. One warm clear day that would change,  Adam was eating breakfast when all of the sudden he heard a very loud bang. While he was still recovering from the loud explosion, there was another one but it was even closer. Adam ran outside to see what had happened, his jaw dropped in awe. There were huge smoke clouds rising in the air and he could see down his street that there were armored looking figures running around with strange looking rifles. Those figures started to make their way toward Adam, Adam ran up to one of the “things” and asked “What was going on?”. The tall armored man took out what looked to be a baton and smashed Adam on the side of the head with it knocking him out.
   He awoke in a train with about 20 other people in the car. He tried to stand up but with the shaking of the train and his splitting head ache it was nearly impossible. He looked around saw a woman sitting by herself looking with a blank stare at the ground. Adam said “Hey! Do you know what is going on?” the woman didn't respond and held that same blank look. Adam yelled this time “Hey! Do you know what the hell is going on?” the woman slowly turned her head toward Adam and didn't say anything. Adam could see into her eye's that she was extremely scared. All the sudden the train started to screech to a halt and then another armored man opened the door to the train car and directed the men and women out of the car. As he was talking he looked around and saw a sign that said “City 18”. Adam pondered what City 18 was in his head but quickly dropped the thought. Before he knew it they were inside what looked to be a train station. While they were in the train station a man all the sudden tried to run from the group and yelled “Fuck you combine's!”. One of the combines drew his pistol and shot the man in the back of the head. Another combine said in a voice that sounded like it was through a radio “Haha nice shot!”. Adam kept his mouth shut fearing that, that could happen to him. After about 20 minutes Adam and the group were given 60 tokens and a little bit of food and were set to live in this new city.
   Adam quickly learned what had happened to the world after talking to the a few of the people around City 18. One thing that he had to learn the hard was that City 18 was no safe place. He found this out one day when he was coming back from getting his ration he was approached by a shady looking man. The man came up to him and put a gun to his chest and said “Don't make and sound or try anything.” ,then the man made Adam follow him to a room with barley any light and the man tied him to a chair and put tape over his mouth. He was locked in the room and was left there to die, on the fourth day in the room he heard some commotion outside the room then a few combines busted in the room and freed Adam.
   That was the day that it came to Adam's head. He had to help the CCA secure and protect the citizens of City 18.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? About three years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Year and a half.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? For about two-three weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in? Pacific time zone.

5. In what country do you live? United States of America.

6. How old are you? 24

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? It would have to be when I helped role play a quarantine zone on a server a while ago.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I consider myself a very good listener.

IC Section

Full Name: Adam Wright
CID: #15308
Eye Colour: Gray/Blue
Weight: 170
Mental Advantages: Tactical and a quick thinker.
Notable Qualities: Takes orders from superiors without question.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes, I do.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes, I will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? To help keep order and to stop anti-civil acts in City 18.

I, Adam Wright hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:04:34 PM by Toy4x4funrun »
Characters:
UCA.C45.UNIFORM-DvL.747
UCA.C18-GRID-SCN.260
Adam Wright
Kristy Wright

Offline Toy4x4funrun

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2011, 12:06:31 PM »
Viewing the in-game player base I have come to decide that we have too many CCA players and not enough citizen players.

I am now closing the CCA application cycle.

Congratulations for all who were accepted and better luck next time for all who were denied.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal