Author Topic: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications Cycle 2 ||::>  (Read 17077 times)

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
<::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications Cycle 2 ||::>
« on: March 19, 2011, 10:52:47 AM »
Combine Civil Authority Applications are now OPEN They will be closed 5/1/2011.

ACCEPTED- You have successfully been accepted into the CCA.

ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW- You are to be interviewed before you can fully be accepted into the CCA.

DENIED- You have not been accepted and will need to wait until the next application cycle.

You are not allowed to make an application with the backstory about you being in the military or law enforcement because these occupants were killed during the seven hour war. Your character has to be above the age of 19, anyone 18 or below were killed before placed into cities. Suppression fields stopped pregnancy so you cannot have your character born in any cities.

OOC Section

OOC Name:

IC Character Name:

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?

2. How long have you played on serious servers?

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?

4. What Time zone are you in?

5. In what country do you live?

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?

IC Section

Full Name:
CID:
Height:
Hair Colour
Eye Colour:
Sexual Orientation:
Weight:
Mental Distinctions:
Mental Defects:
Mental Advantages:
Notable Qualities:

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, __________ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Code: [Select]
OOC Section

[b]OOC Name:[/b]

[b]IC Character Name:[/b]

[b]1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.[/b]

[b]2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)[/b]

[b]3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?[/b]

[b]4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words.[/b]

[u]OOC Details[/u]

[b]1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?[/b]

[b]2. How long have you played on serious servers?[/b]

[b]3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?[/b]

[b]4. What Time zone are you in?[/b]

[b]5. In what country do you live?[/b]

[b]6. How old are you?[/b]

[b]7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?[/b]

[b]8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?[/b]

[hr]

[u]IC Section[/u]

[b]Full Name:
[b]CID:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Hair Colour[/b]
[b]Eye Colour:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Mental Distinctions:[/b]
[b]Mental Defects:[/b]
[b]Mental Advantages:[/b]
[b]Notable Qualities:[/b]

[b]1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?[/b]

[b]2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?[/b]

[b]3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?[/b]

[b]4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?[/b]

[b]5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?[/b]

[b]6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?[/b]

[b]I, __________ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.[/b]

Credits to SatN.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:42:50 AM by Anton »

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications Cycle 2 ||::>
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 06:53:28 AM »
Applications are now open.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:
Nicknero1405

IC Character Name:
Charlotte Nellison

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority had lead your character to do so.
Since the day Charlotte lives in City 18, she experienced a lot of times CP's where outnumbered by the lolrebels. They needed all the help they could get to maintain control over so much civilians. She wishes she could help, but that was not possible because she was just a civilian. She decided to be loyal to the Combines, and hopefully one day become one of them herself so she can help them maintaining control in City 18.

Charlotte is pure, and trustworthy to the combines and their laws.

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Universal Enforcement Authority to be like for you and your character?
As a member of the Civil Protection, you are required to maintain piece in City 18. This is done by making sure civilians are obeying the laws. Those who wishes not to do so, will be detained in the nexus jail and even beated if this is needed. Also sweeping the apartment buildings clean from contraband is one of the many tasks you are about to experience as member of the Civil Protection.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspect on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words.
Charlotte comes in City 18 not empty handed. She got a lot of tokens which she got from legacy.
Using those tokens, She bought a nice apartment in CCH, as well as furniture to make her apartment nicer.
Charlotte met the combines, and she was really interested in their work, so she started to write an essay about them and their work. She is loyal to the combines and their laws, because she knew that if she obeys them, they will be friendly to her as well. She even got to talk to the Officer of the Adrenaline team one day. She asked him a lot of questions which she found really useful. Thanks to him, she knew a lot more on how the combines worked. And so, she didn't doubt anymore and her priority wish in her life was to join the CP's herself.

OOC Details

Around 2 years.

I started on PERP serious around 2 years ago. When this died, I followed a lot of regulars from PE into OCRP serious. This lasted a total of a bit more then 1 year. When this died as well, I followed a lot of regulars from OC into this community where I met HL2RP. At first, I thought it was just a shit gamemode, but now I'm actually playing it, I quite like it.
TL;DR, around 2 years as well.

According to my register date, Two weeks ago.

West Europe, GMT+1

The Netherlands

6. How old are you?
19. (Turning 20 in a few weeks.)

I don't quite remember one quality RP experience which jumps out above the other once. I have had a lot of awesome RP experienced with some people.
One of them where a time on OCRP Serious where I RPed tea time with Kazuo, Journeyman Haydn and someone else (I believe Hoplite or SMT, not sure though.) It was awesome and everything was RPed perfectly.

Of course.

9. Do you have Ventrillo?
Affirmative.

Ventrillo Name:
Nicknero1405

IC Section

Full Name:
Charlotte Nellison

CID:

Height:
+/- 1.80 meter = 5.9 feet

Hair Colour
Red/Brownish.

Eye Colour:
Crystal blue

Sexual Orientation:
Straight

Weight:
+/- 60 kg = 132 lbs

Mental Distinctions:
Sane

Mental Defects:
None

Mental Advantages:
Experienced and good with computer technology and mechanics.

Notable Qualities:
Intelligent, social, and very experienced with programmable machines and technology.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I have been detained once when a random civilian caused trouble with me for no reason. (Not my fault.)

Yes.

If this is needed, I would.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
No matter what happens, I will always stay loyal and faithful to the CP's and their laws.

As mentioned above, I have experienced a lot of good and bad stuff about the CP's. Most of those times the civilians tried to gain control over the city. At least, it looked like so. The CP's where way outnumbered by the Anti-Civilians, and they needed help. I wish to help them, but as loyal civilian, there was nothing I could do part from standing and watching how the CP's tried their best to maintain control.
I wish to join them so I have the power and privilege to do what they do, and maintain control in City 18.

I, Charlotte Nellison hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW - The app wasn't perfect but I know your RP is good. ~Smt
Interview Passed, well done.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:57:07 AM by Smt »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 08:01:13 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: fluffypillow97

IC Character Name: Derek Curter

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority had lead your character to do so.
I wish to join the CCA because it is always hard work keeping the server in good order. (i.e minges)
I wish to join because I'm a trustworthy person, and can be expected to respond to any situation quickly and efficiently.
I wish to join because I have had previous experience. I have reached the rank of OfC on the other server, and know what to do to.
My characters traits are lawful, trustworthiness, smart, and agile. These traits make me (and character) very good at responding quickly.

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?
The CCA will be rough. It's a hard job the first few ranks. I will have to follow the orders of my superiors at all times. Once I start achieving the high ranks, I will be given more responsibility and will have to use that well.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words.
Derek Curter was born in 1990. He was a smart kid, but he never really applied himself in his classes. He was a goofball and made some good jokes when people actually listened.
Fast forward to 2000. Derek's sister, Molly was born. He and Molly were a good team once Molly grew up.
Fast forward to 2008. The whole family was in the car traveling to Pennsylvania for vacation. But on the way, a drunk semi-driver smashed into the left side of the car and totaled it. Derek's mom was killed. Molly would've died too, but Derek had thrown himself over her to try and protect her. Derek received several cuts and bruises that are still healing.
Fast forward to 2010. Derek moves out of the house after a fight with his dad. Derek argued that he wanted to watch over Molly, because he wanted to avoid another accident like the car. His dad argued that Molly will be safe with him, and she's old enough to take care of herself. Derek then packed and backed his car out so fast the taillight fell off, he was so angry.
Fast forward to 2012. Derek graduates from college with a degree in Computer Science. Molly enters Junior High, much to Derek's happiness.
Fast forward to 2013. Derek has a high-paying office job. However their Dad had fallen ill with cancer in his kidney. Derek rushes his dad to the hospital and they do all they can to help him. Before they can tell him, he rushes away to Molly's school where he picks her up and speeds to the hospital. As they rush up to their Father's room, a nurse stops them just outside the room and with red eyes, says that their father has died, the cancer was too far advanced to stop. Now suffering the loss of both parents, Molly moves into Derek's apartment.
Fast forward to 2016. Derek is at work and Molly at school. Derek, on his break goes over to the window and stretches, but the sky was unnaturally grey, and had a blue ring in the middle of it. Derek watched with curiosity. After a odd-looking ship flew out of it, it shot a pulse at the building, which shook and began falling apart. Derek tore down the stairs to his car. He had to get Molly. Once he had arrived, There was pools of blood everywhere. Only the teachers seemed to be alive. Running through the building, he saw a glimpse of Molly's body...black.
He can't recall anything else after that. Is it the water? Did he get knocked out?
OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 3 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 2 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? A couple days, but learning fast.

4. What Time zone are you in? Eastern

5. In what country do you live? USA

6. How old are you?15

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Everything was the best, even the boring moments.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I do. If I wasn't a good listener, i'd get kicked out pretty fast.

IC Section

Full Name: Derek Curter
CID: 11521
Height: 5' 8
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Strait
Weight: 150 lbs
Mental Distinctions: Smart.
Mental Defects: Indecisive at moments.
Mental Advantages: Strategic and logical thinking.
Notable Qualities: Listed them all. Trustworthy, smart, logical thinker...etc.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No. I'm a lawful person.

Yes.
I am willing to give my life to the Universal Union.
Yes. I will follow orders and any mistakes will be my own.
As long as I live.
I want to join the CCA because I want to make a difference in this city. I hate lawbreakers and want to do more to stop them.

I, Derek Curter hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW
- While the app was pretty good, I don't really remember you due to timezones, so I'd like for someone to interview you. (I don't doubt your RP skills though.) ~Smt
Interview Passed, well done.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:57:29 AM by Smt »
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 09:09:57 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Lewis

IC Character Name: Todd Feeney

1)Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority had lead your character to do so.
Todd wishes to join the CCA as he believes he owes the Combine everything for saving him from his "past" life, he also wants to help maintain law and order in City 18, as he has seen what's gone on behind the back of the CCA.

2)Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Todd is loyal to the combine, he is always "straight to the point" and he rarely tells a lie

3)Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?
The CCA will be tough for Todd, but he will push through, he will achieve his goals and do as his superiors order him to.

Todd was born in 1973 in a small town in Wales, as he suffered from Autism, he wasn't very good at making friends, rarely having human contact with anyone but his family, as a child he was very quiet, and most of the time he would sit and and read about space and science. When Todd was 22, his parents died, Todd got very stressed out and turned to the things that he loved - science and space. He applied for a job at an observatory, but after 11 years, his dream-come-true vanished in seconds. While repairing a telescope, a heavy lens fell from it and almost crushed him, nearly killing him, this incident scared Todd into an early retirement, where he sat in his home, letting the world go by, rarely going outside.
When the Combine came to Earth, Todd was scared at first, but he felt that he could die looking at what he loved, so Todd remained in his home - unlike other people trying to run away to a "safe" place - looking up at the strange creatures and the huge other world portals forming in the sky. When the Combine took Todd to City 18, he felt that he had meaning in his life once more, so he stayed loyal to them, unlike many other people who revolted against the rule of the Combine. Tom was mesmerised by the Combine, with their advanced technology and power, he felt that he should devote his life to them, therefore he sent an application form to the CCA, hoping to become one of them.

OOC Details

1 and a half years.

About 7 months

Since mid-February 2011

GMT + 00

Scotland

6. How old are you?
14 ( 15 In a few weeks )

7.What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Being taken hostage as the Mayor on Cider core, driven out to the countryside, and haven my hostage execution broadcast on RT Cam screens.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I do.

No.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Section

Full Name: Todd Feeney
CID: 35145
Height: 5' 9
Hair Colour: Grey
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Weight: 163 lbs
Mental Distinctions: Sane
Mental Defects: Autistic
Mental Advantages: Genius ( IQ 156 )
Notable Qualities: Many years of scientific work, loyal, friendly.

No, never.

Yes.

3.Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I am.

Yes.

Until the day I die, I will remain loyal.

I've seen some bad stuff in this city, I want to join the CCA to stop all of the law breaking and violence in the city.

I, Todd Feeney hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied - Your app had a few mistakes and I don't really see you active, try again next round while putting a bit more effort into your app, and be a little more active.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:17:07 AM by Smt »

Offline Dankey Kang??¢

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 09:46:10 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:dinky the dinosaur

IC Character Name:James Smith

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority had lead your character to do so:from the moment James was in city 18 he knew he had to be combine to protect the world from lolrebels and mingerunners so they didn't take over city 18 he picked up his fists and did his civil duty to protect the entire city from these so called "lolrebels and mingerunners" he took out his fists and proceeded to beat some sense into the mingerunners and lolrebels

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)lawful,loyal,very slightly emotional

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? for me i think it would be fun to be combine and do my civil duty for other citizens for my character he thinks he should use this power wisely and not let anything bad happen to the city and not abuse it and he should also think that being a CP would mean being respected which he has not been lately

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words.when James smith turned 22 the combine invaded. he knew he stood no chance so he just sat there blankly as the combine gunned down his younger brother and his mother and father. he knew then and there that if you cant beat em join em. then decided to walk outside and take in the final breathe of FRESH air he knew he was going to get. then walked down the street and all he could hear were gunshots. he then walked to the civil workers union and tried to apply there but they denied him. then walked down to the loyalist community and they denied him. he then thought the only place be happy was with the Civil Protection so he fights for their name every day 24/7. he thought that if he could make a difference in somebody's life then he could be happy for them and not have to worry about them and think that they would look up to him in fear and honor. then the combine took him to city 18 that's when things took a turn for the worst. he started getting beat up and mugged more and more often as people struggled to survive. he knew that he would have to educate these poor citizens in the ways of truth,justice,and honor. so he took out his fists and proceeded to beat every person that dare tried to mug him. he had to have beaten up more then 10 of them before the combine came and arrested him. he told them he was a loyalist but they just laughed at him and said "you a loyalist? HAHAHAHA" so he just sat there looking blankly out of the cell. until one day a combine came out and freed him he thanked the officer and promised he be good and that he aspired to be like him one day. the officer just looked at him. James thinks he smiled but he couldn't tell because the mask was on .James walked out of the cell and into the grimy city air and took a deep breathe and he knew he was where he belonged...

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?about 2 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?1 week

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 2 weeks

4. What Time zone are you in? gmt 08:00
 pacific time
5. In what country do you live? United states

6. How old are you? 14

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? i havent had very memorable rp experiences

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? i would say im about average

IC Section

Full Name:James Smith
CID:83471
Height:6'2
Hair Colourblack
Eye Colour:black
Sexual Orientation:heterosexual
Weight:130
Mental Distinctions:slightly trigger happy
Mental Defects:autistic
Mental Advantages:smart (iq of 139)
Notable Qualities:loyal,trustworthy

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? not that i know of

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? not really?

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? SIR YES SIR!

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? SIR YES SIR!

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? until the day of my undoing i shall remain loyal

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? because im tired of being pushed around by the lolrebels and mingerunners punch whoring everybody and i want to do something about it and im always active so thats why im a good CP and i can also be very loyal to my higher up ranks

I, James Smith hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied
- You have a lot of errors in your app, grammar, canon as well as the OOC section not matching with the IC section, not eating rations, not being detained even though you say you have in your OOC section. Try again next time but put more effort into your app.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:20:28 AM by Smt »
LOOC] Ted Simmons (CWU O): Go shove a suppliment up your ass

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 12:53:26 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Krystal Wolf

IC Character Name: Marix P. Arlesto

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Follows all rules/orders to the dot, very loyal, great with medicines.

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?  I personally expect some hardships, and some problems with other units/civilians/rebels.  I also expect the process to take a while.  Marix expects there to be many hardships, both mental and physical, as well as some intense training.  Marix also expects to have little rest, and to deal with a great many problems, but believes that he will do very well over all.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words.  Coming originally from another City, Marix had a hard time adjusting to C18.  He originally came from City 48, where he was born.  He lost his whole family when the combine knocked down the building they were in with a strider, while Marix was away.  He never lifted a finger against the combine when they invaded, and believed that they would do more to help humanity than to harm them.  He never found out about his family, and he believed wholeheartedly that they just moved.  This was when he was around 22-23.  The CCA sent him off to a new city, C18, thinking he might have helped the rebellion that took place later on.  When he arrived by train to C18, he made a few friends, and constantly watched the community.  Marix refused to do anything that could get him into trouble, but he still shared his rations from time to time.  He constantly reported to the CCA whenever he thought someone was doing something wrong, even the somewhat minor things, like trespassing. He then decided he is willing to do anything it takes to make everything go smoothly.  Hes has never had a problem with the CCA, and believes heavily that they are here to help.  Due to this, he has become very loyal to them, and even wants to join their ranks in order to further help them and his community, despite what the others say about the CCA.  He has been practicing medicines for a long time, helping where he can.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?  Almost 3 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? About 2 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Almost a month

4. What Time zone are you in? Eastern

5. In what country do you live? Unites States

6. How old are you? 18

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? When I had to move a group of 10 people who were unarmed across rp_apocalypse during an invasion, we only lost 2 people.  It took us 3 ingame nights, and me constantly watching everyone.  the 2 people we lost was only because they ran off.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Absolutely

IC Section

Full Name: Marix Persevious Arlesto
CID: #28239
Height: About 5' 10"
Hair Colour Dirty Blond
Eye Colour: Emerald Green
Weight: 156ibs.
Mental Distinctions: Quick thinking.
Mental Defects: Almost no knowledge of how to fire arms.
Mental Advantages: High knowledge in medicines.
Notable Qualities: Loyalty, medical capabilities, follows directions to the dot.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? Never.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?  Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?  TO better help my comunty in any way shape or form.

I, Marix P. Arlesto hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted - Ask Raiden/Anton, we discussed this last night.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 05:27:18 PM by Krystal »

Offline -Doodle-

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 01:34:09 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Doodle14

IC Character Name: Jason Newmann

Well, after being mugged in a back alley, he was shot in his legs, he was unable to walk, he was just about to bleed to death. Luckily, a ground unit heard his crys and helped him. He felt he could prevent people from going through similar or worse pay by joining the union. He feels doing so, he will serve and protect his city.

2) Please detail your characters traits.

Loyal, Intelligent , and Easily liked.

Well, I feel since I have had lots of experience on other serious HL2RP servers that will help me here as well. In the past I haven't caused trouble on servers like this one. I think taking in this role will actually help me become a better roleplayer. (not that I am not already)

My character is lonely but good-spirited, he roams alone. He has very little friends and his family was murdered by a gang of resistance members. He has had a horrible life so far. Just to make things worse, he was mugged in a back alley. He thought this was his last day. Suddenly, an 04 wondered near the alley and heard his cry for help. The 04 quickly rushed him to the medical units in the nexus med bay. It took hours for them to stitch up all the bullet wounds and knife wounds. It was all his luck that he survived the brutal attack. That night, Jason thought long and hard. He knew what to do now. He had no where else to go with his life. His decision was made. He studied for his application test. A few weeks later, his application was finished and handed in. Now all he had to do was wait for a reply. Days went by, no answer. His sister hated the idea of him becoming a ground unit. His sister "Lexy" was an anti-citizen. They barely spoke to each other. After their long arguement, Jason returned to his apartment. There it was in the mail. The application had been replied to. He opened the envelope, he saw what it said, he froze.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? About one or two years so far.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? About a year.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? A month or two.

4. What Time zone are you in? EST.

5. In what country do you live? North America

6. How old are you? 18

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? (Back in SlidefuseRP): I was a medical unit and I had to perform surgery on a unit who had been shot multiple times in the stomache area. He had ended up dying of blood lose though.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Absolutley.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CCA Ground Unit Application

Full Name: Jason Joseph Newmann
CID: 50217
Height: 5'3
Hair Colour: Deep Black
Eye Colour: Sky-Blue
Weight: 165
Mental Distinctions: Sane
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: Intelligence, and ability to carry out almost impossible tasks with ease.
Notable Qualities: Some qualities are as follows: Loyalty, intelligence, and athletic abilities.

No I have not ever been apprehended for a sociostability infringement.

Yes, and unlike most civilians, I tend to enjoy them.

I am  willing to give my life for the Universal Union and the citizens of city-eighteen.

I, as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by me and those under my command as my own responsibility.

I will remain loyal to the universal union as long as I live.

Well, about a year ago I was mugged in a dark alley. I was close to bleeding to death. I was hollering and yelping. To my astonishment,  a ground unit found me. He carried me to the nexus med bay, where a medical unit had patched me up. I was put out by medical supplies, I didnt feel anything. I still have the scars to prove the event. I feel an innocent citizen should never have to go through such pain and horror like I did. This is why I'm here to serve and protect city-eighteen.

I, Jason Newmann hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so know that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW- A unit would not waste their time on patching up random citizens. Perhaps you can recount on your backstory in an interview. Request one from an OfC+ of UNIFORM.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:47:14 PM by Anton »

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 02:16:54 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: |HGN| vegasGodhead

IC Character Name: Jameson Clark

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. Jameson was transferred to C18 while he was still just a loyalist. As soon as he stepped foot in the musty city of C18, he knew he had to join the CCA to help this poor city out. With that, he was as well behaved as you can be in a crappy old city. He was patient in the rations queue, he didn't run or jump or generally act un-civilly, and he tried to convert citizens to being loyalists. He reported every time someone stepped one toe out of line to the CCA. Of course, the whole scheme behind being well-behaved and all of that was just to help get himself into the CCA when he applied.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Lawful, loyal, serious.

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? An enjoyable experience. He will try to help make the city a better place, however he can. Some might say it would be fun, but that's not a word to be associated with the CCA. Jameson might just patrol all the time. Of course, for me it would also be fun. Sometimes it's good to play a strict character, which the CCA is. I've been aspiring to get into CCA at some point in any HL2 RP server, so I might be a little excitable at first. So yes, I expect it to be both a learning experience and a fun experience for both me and my character.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words. My character originally came from C29, a better Combine city then C18. He got transferred to C18 when some rebels started up some trouble in C29, and the Combine started transferring people over to other cities. Once he got to C18, he knew that it was a shabby, terrible place. He decided to fix this place up. He was a loyalist from that moment forward. He lived a regular life, getting rations every day with the other citizens. He didn’t fuss or whine, and he was very obedient of the CCA. Jameson never stepped out of line, because he hoped to one day join the CCA’s ranks. One day, while he was walking to the theater to get his rations, he got pulled down an alley-way. Someone shoved a sharp metal object into the square of his back and started trying to rifle through his pockets. Desperately, Jameson cried for help and tried to leap away from the man. A CCA unit who was on his patrol heard Jameson’s cry for help and looked into the alley. Jameson was locked in a struggle with another citizen who had a knife, so the CCA unit ran in and detained the thug. Jameson thanked the CCA unit, and limped over to the nearest doctor to get his cuts healed. When he finally limped out of the doctors, his wounds bandaged, he knew what he was to do. He would make the choice today. He went to the nexus lobby, and wrote up his application into the CCA.
OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Sheesh, plenty more then I can remember. A year or two, maybe.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Again, I think a year or two. I mainly stuck with serious RPs.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? I think around a week.

4. What Time zone are you in? GMT -8

5. In what country do you live? USA, Oregon

6. How old are you? 15

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Damn, I've had so many. Hum. It was probably when I was on a Fallout RP and I was in the Brotherhood of Steel and a bunch of people locked us into our bunker.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Jameson Clark
CID: #43291
Height: 6' 7"
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Blue
Weight: 163 lbs.
Mental Distinctions: Sane.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: Intelligent.
Notable Qualities: Extreme loyalty, following the directions given to the letter. Decent marksman who does well under pressure.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No, I have not.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes, I would rather die then betray the Universal Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes, I do accept the responsibility of my actions.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes, I will remain faithful as long as I live.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? So I can make the city a better place, by hard, pure, justice.

I, Jameson Clark, hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

ACCEPTED- Welcome to the Combine Civil Authority 239.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:30:37 AM by Anton »

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 02:35:21 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Bokslag

IC Character Name: Jill Joost

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority had lead your character to do so. My Character has wanted to join some sort of police force ever since her brother, Joe Joost, was killed in am mugging. When the combine came and made the CCA she decided it was her best option. She has always looked up to the CCA and when they began recruiting in City 18, she had to join them. She believes that if she can join the CCA she can make a difference in the city. She has also been robbed multiple times and sexually harassed many times in City 18. She believes this is unacceptable and will have to be punished.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) My character is very trustworthy, and honest. She will always follow her orders and will not ever question her superiors.

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? I expect the Combine Civil Authority to be be a well oiled and deadly machine. I expect the CCA to be exactly what it seems, organised and dangerous. I expect it to be a challenging and fun part of my role play. I expect the CCA to be very, very hard. I expect it to be my favourite role I will ever play.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words. My character has been moved from city to city many times. She has always wanted to join the CCA and now has the chance. She wants to become CCA because her brother died in an mugging before the war. She arrived in C18 with no friends and a tiny bit of money. The CCA has been nothing but useful so far. They have given her the very needed rations and have answered every question she has. She looks up to the Combine Civil Authority as a protectors of the peace.

Ever since she arrived in City 18 she has seen crime and she has seen the CCA put a stop to it. In city 18 she hasn't made many friends. Though she did make one. She was in the apartments after arriving and saw a woman on the ground. In short the woman had been attacked by a man in non-standard clothing, and had been fainting a lot ever since. The woman's name was Sky Pierson and Jill helped her get better using some methods she had learned as a doctor. Sky moved into Jill's Apartment shortly after and they became good friends. This is just another reason Jill wants to join the CCA.

Jill was born in Ireland and very early in her life moved to England. For most of her life she lived in England. She worked as a nurse for quite some time, then became a doctor. Shortly after, her brother died. She then knew she must join the police and stop more worthless loss of life. When the combine came her family was all dead. She simply gave up on ever becoming a cop. She has ever since wanted a hope of justice and she sees the CCA as her chance.

OOC Details

2 Years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 1 year

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Since mid April

4. What Time zone are you in? Mountain time

5. In what country do you live? U.S.A.

6. How old are you? 13

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Hm... It has to be when... I was on another HL2RP and I was part of the CWU. A man came up to me and told me his friend was hurt. I came with him and in his apartment he pulled a gun on me! I used my request device and then did as he said. The Civil Protection came and saved me. I got to see a real Civil protection injection from the other side of the door. It was definitely my most memorable RP moment.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Fairly good, yes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Section

Full Name: Jill Joost
CID: 36903
Height: 5 ft 3 in.
Hair Colour Brown
Weight: 130 lbs
Mental Distinctions: Smart, Open minded
Mental Defects: Emotional
Mental Advantages: Tactical thinker
Notable Qualities: Trustworthy, Loyal, Medical training

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? I am willing.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes, as long as I live

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? I would like to join the combine Civil Authority so that I can keep the streets safe and secure.

I, __Jill Joost____ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied- Holes in application, and major grammar issues.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:01:39 PM by Toy4x4funrun »
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's not a skirt."
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's a dress."

Offline LG-IM.Swagger

• Given 250 Credits and all I get was this fucking title?
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 02:42:58 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: TheMrSabotage

IC Character Name: Matt Johnson

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority had lead your character to do so. My character wishes to join the CCA because he wants to experience a better level of roleplay. My character has been lead to do this due to the level of ignorance and stupidity in his fellow citizens.

Team Worker,
Short fuse,
Strong Minded,
Courageous.

I'm expecting the CCA to be a great experience for me and my character, it'll build my characters background story up and improve the way I roleplay.

Matt Johnson, CID #28273.

Matt came to city 18 looking for a little bit of peace.. he didn't find it, citizens were attempting to cause trouble, and basically he had enough.

Matt knew that somehow, he had to try and aid the problem with the citizens so he decided to file the report in for CCA.

Matt is a loyal supporter of the Combine due to how well things are run, he was always the organised type of guy and was amazed by the tactics and organisation.

Matt was brought up as a farm lad before the Seven Hour War, so strict rules applied, if he did anything wrong he would be punished.. heavily. At 20 he left to go on the road to a major city, that's when the seven hour war began.

OOC Details

I've played on a lot of roleplaying servers for a long amount of time, that's what mostly fills up my GMOD hours.

I've played for quite a while on serious servers, especially OCRP which was pretty good.

I've played for two months on Catalyst Gaming, I've been on Garry's Mod Racer, Harbor RP and HL2RP.

London BST+1

The United Kingdom.
6. How old are you?
I'm 16 years old.
My most memorable quality RP experience would be at the start of OCRP, there was some amazing passive roleplay and it carried on for a long while, i've never seen such a sensible and calm server in my life.

Yes, I do consider myself a good listener.

IC Section

Full Name: Matt Johnson
CID: 28273
Height: 5" 7"
Hair Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight:11 Stone 8Pounds
Mental Distinctions: Reaction Time.
Mental Defects: Mathematics
Mental Advantages: Science
Notable Qualities: Pinpoint notable checkpoints which could be of use.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?No I have never been detained.

Yes I do usually eat CCAIR.
Yes I'm willing to give my life to the cause.
Yes I do accept all actions performed by me and those under my command as my responsibility.

Yes I will remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union.

I want to join the CCA to help fixate Civilian idiocy and ignorance, I believe I have a great way at dealing with them and could possibly help toward there relationships with the combine and their loyalty.

I,Matt Johnson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied- Not full paragraphs (Might as well add the reason that this character is in detainment to be enter stalkerification) ~Sabotage.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:22:57 PM by TheMrSabotage »

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 03:33:24 PM »

Deceased

OOC Section

OOC Name: uuback or [Cola]Johanan

IC Character Name:Johanan Strangeman

He wishes to join the CCA to clean up his act and to enforce the law.  He wishes to follow orders and do something with his life instead of sitting around doing barely anything day-by-day.  Johanan has been shot, beat, and knocked out, by people who claimed to be rebels.  He seeks to do away with these people.

Lawful, trustworthy, and follows orders to the point.

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Universal Enforcement Authority to be like for you and your character?

I am expecting it to be an adjustment I will have to make for RP.  I passive rp all the time as Johanan.  Johanan expects the change to be a slow one as he would be treated as the measly recruit who can't do anything.  Other than that he believes that the CCA will be a life changing opportunity for him.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspect on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words.

Johanan is a citizen who was moved to City18 from the Midwest region of America.  He survived the 7 hour war, he was never in the military, and liked to box.  Before the Combine's invasion he collected turtles, studied history and science, and worked as a history teacher.  After the war he attempted to adjust to life in City18 anyway he can.  He had a few scuffles with the CCA and was detained a few times.  He is not the rebel type person and does not openly attack the combine nor does he fear them much when they're unarmed.

Today Johanan is working as a furniture salesman.  He tries to make friends but that is hard due to everyone asking him if he wants to join the resistance.  Johanan does not enjoy the thought of trying to rise up against the combine.  He finds that being governed under the combine is better than no government at all.  But as he becomes more tempted by the thought of becoming an officer, he attempts to report more and more illegal activity.  He has been cleaning up his act in a hope that he can enforce the law as a CCA.  Johanan is no longer afraid of giving up everything that makes him human.  He has accepted that the combine, although they are police and military, have a much better standard of living.

OOC Details

In general I have played role-play since I started playing Gmod.  I now have about 2200 hours on Gmod, most of that on roleplay.

I have played serious on and off for about a year.  to name some servers I did PERP, PERP2, OCRP, and HL2RP before.

Since about mid February.

EDT/EST or aka -5 GMT

United States of America

6. How old are you?

Roleplaying the mayors guard in OCRP while taking him to a passive rp diner.  (this ended with me and the mayor being blown up by a suicide bomber XD)

Yes

Yes

Ventrillo Name: Johanan

IC Section

Full Name: Johanan Strangeman
CID:96301
Height:6'2
Hair Colour: Brown
Weight: 180 Lb
Mental Distinctions: 135 IQ level
Mental Defects:Fanaticism and OCD
Mental Advantages: Strategist.
Notable Qualities: Unwavering loyalty to the Combine.

No

Yes

I am.

I do.

I will.

To clean up my act and learn some respect and to teach the citizens to

I, Johanan Strangeman hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 10:13:38 PM by uubucks »

Link3317

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 04:30:46 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Bokslag

IC Character Name: Stephanie Smith

She believes that she can make City 18 a safer and more productive place. Also she wants to make sure that the people/ things that are in power remain in power because they have eliminated a very large number of previous problems.

Stephanie is a kind, but stern women. Who has had a very healthy view of the law since she was a young girl. She can be a bit straight with the truth sometimes.

I expect joining the Combine Civil Authority to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest challenges i take on in my lifetime. And even though I know the training will be difficult and the life is difficult i still want to join, no matter how hard it is.

Stephanie Smith was born in a small town of around only 3,000 people in Virginia. This town's name was Front royal, situated in between some large mountains. Her early childhood was filled with nothing but misery. Her father and mother both sexually, mentally, and physically abused her. When she was about 10 she was getting straight A's in school even with the horrible environment at home. When she graduated early at 15 years old it was obvious she was extremely intelligent and went on to be a technician for a comany named Aperture Science, she worked on their popular military turret, however she got fired only 2 years later due to a defect that was in one of the turrets she was working on. It malfunctioned and shot of a few rounds into her supervisor. After this she went to work for a electrical company and had a basic 9-5 desk job. In this job she primarily told people how to solve problems wtih the nuclear power plant she was assigned to, only problems concerning the actual generator turbine parts however. During the 7 hour war she was at her parents house and she hid in the secret attic she made while she was a child. She saw her parents get shot and immediately started celebrating that her abusive parents were dead. Afterwards she was placed originally in city 16, There she dealt with mantaining certain parts of the railroads. Making sure that they kept on constantly. However she was recently transferred to city 18 after one of the electricians here died.

OOC Details

About 2 years.

About 1 year.

A few days.

MDT (GMT -6)

United States of America

6. How old are you?

On Catalyst-Gaming: Recently I have been enjoying just the percieved reality of this server.

Yes, I do consider myself a good listener.

IC Section

Full Name:Stephanie Smith
CID:68435
Height:6 foot 3 inches
Hair ColourBrown
Eye Colour:Green
Sexual Orientation:Heterosexual
Weight:150
Mental Distinctions:Very calm, logical, and stable.
Mental Defects: Not very emotional, or moral.
Mental Advantages:Cool headed, and logical.
Notable Qualities:White skin, small scar in stomach from work related problems before the war.

No, I have never been detained.

Yes, I do regularly eat CCA Issued Rations.

I am willing to give my life for the Universal Union.

I do accept all actions performed by me and those under my command as my own responsibility.

Yes, I will remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as I live.

To make City 18 and the rest of the world a more orderly, safer, and productive place.

I, Stephanie Smith hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied- Not full paragraphs
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:04:26 PM by Toy4x4funrun »

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 04:43:06 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:
YankeeSamurai

IC Character Name:
Lucas Nakajima

My character wants to join the CCA because he is tired of living a monotonous and oppressed life as a citizen. He thinks that joining the CCA is the way to a better life. The prospect of wielding power and control over people is also an aspect of Lucas' decision, although he would never admit that in person.

Dedicated, Loyal, Focused, Respectful, Aspiring

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
For me, roleplaying as a metrocop will be a welcome change of setting. I think there will be many opportunities to RP in interesting situations that would not be encountered as a citizen.
From the perspective of Lucas, I think he will be somewhat disappointed with the endless patrolling and etc. One of the reasons he joined the CCA was to experience more excitement in his life, however, once he faces up to reality I think he will work hard and try to go as far as he can.

Lucas was born into a family of wealth and comfort. Both of his parents were high-ranking executives of an affluent Japanese corporation. Lucas' childhood was an idyllic one, some would even say spoiled.

The bubble burst when Lucas was 10. His father was charged with large-scale fraud and scandal and was subsquently fired from his job. In shame, he forced his family to move out of the country, to the United States. Predictably, Lucas' father was unable to find a job because of his past, not to mention the formidable language barrier. Lucas' mother was left to support the family by herself.

These years were most disorienting for young Lucas. His whole world had been turned upside down; the two most important people in his life had been reduced to squabbling, imcompetent wrecks of their former selves. Lucas struggled through high school regardless, even while doing extra jobs to make extra money for his family.

Upon graduating, Lucas found himself intensely pressured by his parents to go to college for a shiny new degree in buisness. However, Lucas had become increasingly disillusioned by the promise of a future in buisness. He was also sick of sacrificing his grades and social life for his parents.

On the night of his 18th birthday, Lucas stole a large amount of money from his parents and ran away from home. His new life consisted of hitchhiking from city to city, living the life and seeing the sights, so to speak.

When Lucas' money inevitably ran out, he found himself stuck working numerous odd jobs. His goal became to collect enough money to hit the road again. Months later, Lucas felt he had enough money to last a few more weeks.

Lucas was passing through a major city when the Combine attacked earth. As such, Lucas was caught in the midst of the chaos and carnage of a 7-hour war. He somehow got out of the city alive.

After surviving the Combine's initial assault, Lucas' first thought was to find his parents. Now, he regretted leaving them in the first place. He began making his way back to his parents' town, traveling on foot and at night with small groups of refugees.

During this time, Lucas witnessed many atrocities committed among his fellow humans. Lone refugees were raped or mugged by gangs of desperate survivors. The wounded were stripped, looted, and left to die. Violence. Bickering. Humanity's primitive roots were unleashed in the hope for survival.

In the ruined outskirts of his parents' town, a weary and bitter Lucas was picked up by a Combine patrol. So close, yet so far. He still had no idea if his parents were alive or dead. Lucas was twenty years old.

Lucas was processed and sent to city 18. In the city, Combine propaganda concerning "human instinct" as an enemy resonated with Lucas. He thought back to his childhood and his well-to-do father's crimes. He recalled his own adolescant rebellion. Most of all, the events of his travel with the refugees was still engrained in his memory.

Yes, he thought. Yes. It all made sense, he reasoned to himself. Our root human nature is truly the enemy here.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Around 5 months.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Around 5 months.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Around 3 weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in? USA Pacific time (GMT -8)

5. In what country do you live? United States

6. How old are you? 16 (in a few days)

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? On a city 8 server, a friend and I roleplayed a fight in the street. It was very well done and was not mistaken for minging.
We used /y, /me, /it, and various animations, and we never even "punched" each other. The CPs responded to the fight IC, knocked us out, and dragged our bodies to the Nexus for Civil Judgement via stunstick.
Again, the whole episode was very well RP'd, and it taught me that there is a huge difference between punchwhoring someone in the street "HURR IMMA FITE WIT U" and actually roleplaying it.

Yes.

Yes. My vent name is YankeeSamurai

IC Section

Full Name:
Nakajima, Lucas
CID:
Height:
5'11"
Hair Colour
Black
Eye Colour:
Brown
Sexual Orientation:
Heterosexual
Weight:
126 lbs
Mental Distinctions:
Sane, Stable
Mental Defects:
Little medical knowledge.
Mental Advantages:
High IQ, quick thinker, decisive.
Notable Qualities:
Good distance runner. Intelligent. Can-do attitude. Loyal to comrades. Takes orders from superiors without question.

Yes, an anticitizen ran up to me as he was pursued by Civil Protection. The Officer mistakenly believed I was affiliated with the anticitizen and searched/interrogated me.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I agree that base instincts must be purged for the betterment of the human race. I aspire to make a difference by helping the Universal Union accomplish that. I want to help my fellow citizens by enforcing Universal Union laws. I know it is for their own good.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen. I, Lucas Nakajima hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted- Ask a superadmin+ in-game for your whitelist.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:07:32 PM by Toy4x4funrun »
o7

Killer1297

Killer1297's Application.
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 05:15:43 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:

IC Character Name: Jake Ramirez

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. I wish to join the CCA to help the citizens of City-18. I will do to the best of my ability to keep the city civilized at all times. I will also never abuse my authority as a CCA. I will follow the correct procedeures of a CCA to ensure that the job gets done correctly. And last, but not least, I will Roleplay to the best of my abilities, and never gain an unfair advantage over my fellow players.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Honest, Self-Confident, Happy, Trustworthy, Loyal, and Forgiving.

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? I am expecting it to be a fun experience keeping the city calm. I also am expecting to see some cool interface, and abilities. Also, I am expexting it to be intense at times, and have lockdowns and things like that.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words. As  little boy, Young Jake was a child living off the land. He worked at a farm with his parents, and was a very happy child. But, one day, some mysterious men came and look little Jake from his family, forcing him to work for the combine. Until this day, little Jake has never seen his parents again.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? two years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 6 months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? about a week.

4. What Time zone are you in? Central

5. In what country do you live? U.S.A.

6. How old are you? 15

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Intesne scene roleplaying.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Section

Full Name: Jake Ramirez
CID:
Height: 6' 2"
Hair Colour Brown
Weight: 136
Mental Distinctions: Stubborn
Mental Defects: N/A
Mental Advantages: Psychologist
Notable Qualities: Sharp eyesight

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Occasionally.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? Because I want to clean the streets of criminals, and thugs.

I, _____Jake Ramirez_____ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied- Application is too short and reported in-active.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:11:34 PM by Toy4x4funrun »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal