Author Topic: Civil Workers Union Applications Cycle 8  (Read 10575 times)

MorningChillz

Re: Civil Workers Union Applications Cycle 8
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 02:18:26 PM »
(IC Part)

Name: Jack Webb

Citizen Identification(CID): #70430

Last Assigned Apartment Number: UCH Complex, A2

Why do you want to join the CWU?
To help the community of City45 by, cleaning, medical help, or even just helping citizens get supplies they would need. I also want to make every citizen living in the community to feel safe and feel as they are well treated.

Have you ever been detained before?
Yes I have been detained. It must of been a miss understanding of some sort. They came to get me out of detainment earlier than told.

Past experience with work/labor:
I used to be a RN or a nurse before the war. I worked at a UT South Western Medical Center Dallas TX. I was only trained to apply medicine, treat wounds, and help with emotional support for the patients. My family used to own a small corner-shop earlier on, before the war, as I was a teenager, I helped around there and took over the shop time to time.

What will you do for us?
Well if I must I could become a medical helper, but I lean toward the business side. I did love working the shop back with my parents. I still do work a small shop in City45. When in training I would help out around the shops, or take over if I must. I would also try to set up shacks/shops around the city, selling citizens lemonade, oranges or other items.

How long have you been in City45?
I have been in City45 for at least 5-6 months now. I enjoy the city and how its turning out so far. I did transfer from many cities, so far loving this one the most.

Can a CWU member be in possession of Alcohol?
Yes, for medical reasons, I would believe, as in sterilizing a wound by applying it, but for reasons such as drinking, or selling it, then no.

Can CWU member be in possession of knifes?
Yes, knifes are used as a tool for some medical needs, but they would not be allowed to be held by a regular citizen, it would equal to danger and harm.

If a citizen runs up to you and starts swearing what do you do?
Well, I would try to calm the citizen down to see what the real problem is, but if its to be offensive to the Union, CWU, or to the Combine, then I would get an officer to stop the problem and to keep it from getting worse.

Any disabilities?
Yes I do have a small disability, I have minor OCD, little things annoy me, such as, to much trash lying around, dirty windows, and unnecessary sprays, or propaganda on random building walls or windows.

Have you ever been in a CWU related activity?
Little things such as a CWU member getting a small group together to clean windows, but nothing recently that comes to mind.

Who are the organizers of the CWU?
The organizers are Ted Simmons and James Tavener I believe.

(OOC Part)

Name: MorningChillz

Time zone: EST- Eastern Standard Time

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:34278791

Roleplay Experience:
I've been into roleplay for a long time now,  its been about a year or two since I first started. I have been to many RP servers and so far this one is the best out of all. I have been a rebel and started a rebel group in another server, also was a RCT-CP before but the server shutdown and before I could rank any higher.

Why do you want to be accepted into the CWU?
I want to be in the CWU because I want to make my roleplaying experience better. I also never had been one before and wanted to give it a try. It fits to my character and also seems fun. I want to help the city more by, opening more shops, or more medical RP.

Character Backstory(Must be one paragraph)
Jack as a teenager grew up in a small city in TX. His mother and father owned a small general goods corner shop, which they tended to everyday. Jack helped around the shop and also when parents were busy with something else, Jack would take over the shop if any costumers came inside. He would clean the shop, stock the items, pick up the shipments, and learned how to make a good profit from what they sell. Right before the war Jack got a RN (Nurse) degree and started working at UT South Western Medical Center in Dallas. He was trained to apply medication/medicine, to treat wounds, and to support the patients emotionally. In the war his parents died and what was left was his older brother. Jack and his brother, Jason, were separated to different cities. Jack ending up here in City45, yet Jack never heard of where Jason turned up.

Accepted for interview.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:51:21 PM by Rainbow Dash - Adumb S »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 07:30:41 PM »
(IC PART)
Name: Nicole Mason
Citizen identification(CID): 58037
Last Assigned Apartment Number: Apartment B-3

Why do you want to join the CWU?: I've made some regrettable mistakes in the past and I'm looking to do better for myself for the sake of the future. I want to start contributing to society in a more meaningful way and become actively involved with the day to day operations of the Civil Workers Union. My long term goal is to progress through the hierarchy and organise my own work tasks.

Have you ever been detained before?: Yes, one count of possession of level two contraband.

Past experience with work/labor: None. Despite my lack of work experience, I am highly motivated to completely any tasks set by my superiors.

What will you do for us?: I can actively commit myself to working in a team and can contribute towards making the City a better place for everyone. I'm looking forward to boosting the already stellar image that the Civil Workers Union holds.

How long have you been in City 45?: Six months.

Can CWU members be in possession of Alcohol?: Yes - but not for the purpose of distributing it. Medical alcohol may be administered when required by trained personnel.

Can CWU members be in possession of Knives?: No - such an item is dangerous to the general public and to an untrained staff member. The only legitimate use for a knife would be to open sealed packages of supplies.

If a citizen runs up to you and starts swearing what do you do?: Attempt to calm the citizen and inquire as to the source of the issue. I would relate this situation back to a Civil Protection officer for judgment at the earliest possible convienience.

Any disabilities?: No.

Have you ever been in a CWU Related Activity?: When I first arrived in City 45, I helped to clear the front wall of the Civil Housing block of graffiti.

Who are the Organizers of the CWU?: James Travener and Ted Simmons are the organizers for the Civil Workers Union.

(OOC PART)
Name: OzJackal

Timezone: GMT +10 (Australian Eastern Time - aka Sydney time)

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17455979

Roleplay Experience: Eight years total with four years on Garrysmod.  Two years of that has been dedicated to Half Life 2 RP, mostly. I have played a Civil Administrator as well as a Sector Commander in my previous year and a half at PubGamer HL2RP. I have also led the Civil Service District (closely related to the Civil Workers Union though with a few differences) and Lambda at the same community which required massive amounts of attention. I was in charge of an intelligence collection and analysis group known as Third Eye which was one of the highlights of my time back at PubGamer. Obviously I didn't hold all these roles at the same times due to various conflicts of interest. At Catalyst Gaming, I currently manage my own group and I play Doctor Lauren Neil.

Why do you want to be accepted into the CWU?: Under the recommendation of some of the other players, it has been suggested to me that I should join the Civil Workers Union due to the quality of roleplay that comes out of the group. Having led a similar group back at PubGamer, I'm almost certain that they speak the truth.

Character Backstory(Must be one paragraph):
Nicole Mason was born an only child in Sydney, Australia. Her parents adored her very much, although that love was noted by several sources close to the family to be ‘difficult to maintain’ – due to work commitments. She grew up considerably well off despite the fact that her family lived in a working class suburb. On the eve of her birthday, the occupation had taken the world by storm. From the ground, she saw the urbanised districts emitting a sickening orange glow as fires broke out across the skyline. Screams and explosions echoed through the streets. She emerged from the rubble of her home to a new world. What was once a vibrant city was now a wasteland of flame and ash - the sky filled with stray shots of both conventional ammunition and the signature pulses of energy.

After relocation, Nicole found herself residing in City Forty Five, somewhere in Europe. Nicole began to believe that she was in the game for herself. That meant that she had to be the last one standing, no matter the cost. As a result of her thinking, she began to make use of what she could to survive and this was the beginning of a path that almost brought about her destruction. Having made several regrettable mistakes of which she was remorseful for, Nicole began to actively participate in Civil Workers Union work tasks whenever the opportunity arose. With time, Nicole began to improve her attitude towards the Union and shift away from the life of an undesirable member of society.

A chance encounter with an application for a full-time position with the Civil Workers Union appeared to be her salvation.

Accepted for Interview.  You have excellent RP.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:48:48 AM by Rainbow Dash - Adam S »

Offline Sheepyea

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »
(IC PART)
Name: Jenna Hartlan
Citizen identification(CID):84603
Last Assigned Apartment Number: UCH Apartment B5

Why do you want to join the CWU?: Joining the CWU has always seemed like the best way I can help my fellow citizens and others, in my opinion. I'm not strong, or fast, or at all cut out for the CCA, but I still love the place I call home, and helping make it a better place seems fulfilling and worthwhile. Plus, it's a great opportunity to learn business and medical skills. I personally am mainly interested in the business side of things, but learning a few medical skills does not seem at all a bad thing to do, and the CWU would give me an opportunity to do it.

Have you ever been detained before?: I have not been detained before, my record is spotless.

Past experience with work/labor: My past labor experiences include co-managing a small grocer before the war, as well as my father being a suit-and-tie fancied up business man. He taught me a multitude of things when I was young, including basic economical ideas. He was a great teacher, and was quite exceptional at getting a point across. Also, I've taken fondly to running a small shop selling items to citizens, such as paper, water, backpacks, and other basic goods.

What will you do for us?: For the CWU, I will attempt to help whomever needs it to the best of my abilities. Whatever I can do, I hope it can help, be it assisting with a shop, or helping out with any medical procedures needed. Although I won't be as much of use in anything medically related, I can definitely help out with a shop or stand.

How long have you been in City45?: Around 2 months, and I've acclimated to the layout of the City quite well, in my opinion.

Can CWU members be in possession of Alcohol?: Only if they are using it in medical procedures, or are otherwise allowed by the CCA. Otherwise, alcohol is contraband.

Can CWU members be in possession of Knifes?: Yes, but only if it is being used for medical procedures, but only during medical procedures. otherwise, they are not allowed.

If a citizen runs up to you and starts swearing what do you do?: First, I would attempt to calm the citizen. If he refuses to calm down, and keeps shouting profanities, I would request assistance using a Request Device. If I do manage to calm down, I would work with the citizen to isolate the root of the problem. If possible, I will help to solve the problem. If the problem is out of my power, I would direct him to the area the could most easily assist him.

Any disabilities?: I have OCD, in that i must have doors closed, and if I spin in one direction, I must spin equally in the other direction to even it out. Things lacking symmetry irritate me, but I can generally ignore that in items I cannot change the appearance of. I am also a serious neat-freak, and i must have everything very orderly. I simply cannot stand a lack of organisation.

Have you ever been in a CWU Related Activity?: I have not been in a specific activity, however I have actually bought milk from a milk stand the CWU was running. (Which, I might add, was refreshing and worth the price.)

Who are the Organizers of the CWU?: Ted Simmons and James Travener I believe are the organizers of the Civil Workers Union. I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds right in my head.

(OOC PART)
Name: Saint Kairu

Timezone: EST (Eastern USA)

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:24712918

Roleplay Experience: I've roleplayed in Play-by-Post for around 5-6 years. I've only picked up on GMod RP, specifically HL2RP in the past 1-2 years. I was first involved with Our Benefactors/Relentless RP (When they were combined.) WHen they shut down, I grew apart from HL2RP. I only picked it back up when I discovered Catalyst-Gaming. I fell in love almost immediately(Cue montage of me spinning around with any character model from CG in a grassy field backed by the cliche love montage music). The admins were great and active, the members were respectful and, for the most part, friendly and superb Roleplayers. On RelentlessRP, I had a CCA unit, and a CWU member, whom was very enjoyable to roleplay as.

Why do you want to be accepted into the CWU?: I want to get into the CWU because I enjoy passive roleplay, and I think participating in the little things that the CWU does would be a grand experience. Another reason, which is not a very good one, but a reason all the same, is that I am a bit of a completionist. I like to do everything that is within my power to do. Don't get me wrong, I always develop a single character at a time, and I never fully abandon a character if I can help it. It's just that, with so much to do I want to do it all.

Character Backstory(Must be one paragraph): Jenna is a simple person with simple goals. She hails from what was New York state. She lived just below Ontario, in what I consider to be Canada's right pocket. Her life was simple, and her education was average. Her parents, however, we not as average as the schools. He father was a big business-man. He ran his own company, a plumbing company, and was very strategic when it came to his line of work. Jenna's mother ran a small street-corner grocer that sold basic items like bread, eggs, milk, etc. Jenna started helping out around the store at about 10, but she kept taking on more and more of the work as her mother grew older and weaker.

At 16, Jenna's mother died, and Jenna took over the store. When people inquired upon her mother's health, Jenna learned to reply that she was simply resting. It was, in a metaphorical sense, true. Life moved on, though, with school, work, and her father's small talks about different aspects of business. Then the war came. Her father gave in quickly to the Combine, and, although she did not live with him, she followed his example. She was quickly separated from her father, ushered into different Cities. for a while, Jenna was transferred around from city to city, until finally she ended up in City 45.

She was average early on, but she wishes to be extraordinary, now.

Accepted for Interview.  I see you being a good medical person :P.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:50:00 AM by Rainbow Dash - Adam S »

Offline ?SU? ATB [join me]

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 05:53:44 PM »
(IC PART)
Name:Kyle Fendi
Citizen identification(CID):#44008
Last Assigned Apartment Number:A2

Why do you want to join the CWU?:I would like to join the civil workers union to help citizens with their problems, as a therapist. I think citizens would come talk to be about their probelms because I am not in a suit. Also I would like to be a small shop owner and help bring up the number of loyalists. As a therapists I would get to know the citizen and if he or she is a anticitizen I would report them to the Combine for a brainwashing/detainment session.

Further more, I would like to be a criminal profiler and help solve anti citizens cases, which later I will use to try to apply for the Combine Civil Authority. The Division that would suit me in this senerio, would be JURY. Right now, I am training myself to get better in the art of profiling, and therapy, so I make more use to the Union, the life style, and the job is a big step up from being a citizen, and I know the job will change my life forever.

Have you ever been detained before?: I think once.
Past experience with work/labor:I remeber, helping citizens with their problems, and I've worked in a shop and cleaned it for a while.
What will you do for us?:I will help citizens with their problems ensuring no malcompliant citizens, After detainment if the citizen is very angry, he/she can be sent to me for help.
How long have you been in City45?:Hm... About a month or so
Can CWU members be in possession of Alcohol?:I will not be able to, but yes only for medical purposes such as disinfecting cuts.
Can CWU members be in possession of Knifes?:I will also not be able to, but yes for medical purposes such as sealing cuts.
If a citizen runs up to you and starts swearing what do you do?:Because I am a therapist I would either ask to help him with his problem, or report him if he seems unhelpable
Any disabilities?:I have a slight vision problem, it will most likely go away in about a year or so.
Have you ever been in a CWU Related Activity?:Yes, actually, I've sweeped the shops and assisted in the shop
Who are the Organizers of the CWU?:The Organizers of the Civil Workers Union are James Tavener and Ted Simmons

(OOC PART)
Name:|| BBI || Joe
Timezone:Eastern
SteamID:STEAM_0:1:32294015
Roleplay Experience:I've been roleplaying for about two years now, a few months on catalyst gaming, most of my time spaced out
Why do you want to be accepted into the CWU?:I think the Civil Workers Union would help develope my loyalist. Also it would be a really nice roleplay experiance being a CWU in catalyst. It would also fit me because I LOVE to passive roleplay and can do it all day, I really don't care much about medical roleplaying but passive roleplaying like helping citizens with their problems seems very nice and calm to me.
Character Backstory(Must be one paragraph):Kyle Fendi an very kind man, although he really doesn't have much abilites over the normal man, he can talk to someone and convince them to do whatever he wants them to do. Because he is really not a fan of hurting people he doesn't want to join the CCA until he feels more fitted for it. So he thinks helping them would be way better than sitting there waiting for a gut to emerge. He actually helped save a few people from getting shot because of his relaxing tone and his convincing intelligence. His life is helping the CPs and thats what he loves to do. He would love to keep the city safe, by letting citizens release their anger and having their mental disabilites fixed. Not only would he help anti citizens  with their problems, he would also like to learn how the anti-citiziens act, and would like to join the Combine Civil Authority, to join the JUDGE Division. *Kyle starts to feel happy as he hands the worker his application, and walks out into the open feeling happiness, something he hasn't felt in a long time.*
*Side note* I now have ttrust, took a long wait but I got it now.

Format Not Properly Done(Missing all the bold tags). Reapply when cycle9 starts, no wait period.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:52:57 AM by Rainbow Dash - Adam S »

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 07:47:58 AM »
CWU Apps Are now closed. Cycle 9 will probably start soon but it will be much harder.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal