Author Topic: HL2RP Authorizations Applications [TEMPORARY]  (Read 64838 times)

Offline Gia251

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HL2RP Authorizations Applications
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2011, 11:16:23 AM »

Server Update

HL2RP City server has been updated.

-Sniper now downloads
-2 new dispatches
-CCA can now dispatch rations at any rank via /InitiateRations
-Operators can now give "pet" flags if accepted or if VIP/Gold
-Vortigaunt and Vortigaunt Slaves are now faction based and whitelistable.  See a SA for whitelisting.
So even after vortigaunt slaves are whitelistable you cant apply to be one?

Offline Ghosteh

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2011, 10:04:18 AM »
I was thinking about creating a Vortigaunt and I was wondering if I was able to create one should I make a character with a vortigaunt type name?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2011, 10:11:53 AM »
I was thinking about creating a Vortigaunt and I was wondering if I was able to create one should I make a character with a vortigaunt type name?

Apply for it just like everyone else...
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Ghosteh

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2011, 12:18:23 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name:Ghost
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game):Around 3 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?:Half a year now.

Character Section

Authorization(s):To be a Vortigaunt
Name: Eli' Ihui
Affiliation:Refugee

What has caused your character to require these authorizations?Eli' Uhui has always been a shy Vortigaunt not trusting many people. Eli' Uhui was a slave of Nihilanth and didnt like it but there was nothing he could do. When the combine invaded his home planet he luckily escaped to Xen. Then after that happened the Black Mesa incident occured then Nihilanth told Eli and the other Vortigaunts to escape to The Planet Earth hoping to escape the combine not knowing they could not.

After  Eli' Uhui got there he was confused getting used to the atmosphere then Eli and the other Vortigaunts decided to ally themselves to the Humans to stop the combine on Earth. This wasnt going to well with Eli since he was shy it took him time to get used the the Humans. After working alongside of the Humans he decided to trust them and help them. When he trusted somebody he was very social, sharing, kind to them. He isnt the voilent type of Vortigaunt not being useful in some fights. Eli' Uhui Is smart in battle knowing if he is going to die to flee away from battle.

Eli Uhui loves to help people, healing and giving some infomation not that he knows much about Earth. Eli Uhui has learned to speak a bit of English and he is rather better at speaking it than other Vortigaunts since he is very social. Eli Uhui has sharp claws which are normal size he has not got very good accuracy when he is in ranged battles. Like all Vortigaunts his electrical attack is powerfull but not as powerfull he has two strong legs and good eyesight.

Eli is a very intelligent Vortigaunt trying to teach some of the humans his knowledge. Every night he remembers the devistation on his homeworld and all the unfortunate Vortigaunts. He likes to communicate with other Vortigaunts telepathically but he thinks it is sneeky because The Humans can not hear or understand these. He has green-brown skin, sharp teeth and a slightly hunched back.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks: A place to stay and a lot of friends
Defects: Being in a hostile inviroment with bad fighting skills
What do you plan to do with these perks/defects? Live in the outlands to help the Refugees and stay out of the combines way.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s)) No

Pending. Your backstory misses up to 10 years from the time he flees from Xen to Earth. It sounds like the combines where already at earth when he teleported to each, which they where not. I also want to know how you expect to speak as a vortigaunt. Just give a few examples.

Well I did see some Vortigaunts on Outlands typing [V] To use there language like [V] Hello. Would that be ok?

No. Vortigaunt don't speak perfect english. Do more background checks and teach yourself how they speak. Give me examples once you think you know it. ~Nick

Well I have read that they apparently say The before each name like The Freeman and apparently they use like a shakespear type of speach.
Example 1: We are coterminous.
Example 2: What seems to you a sacrifice is merely to us an oscillation.   
Example 3: For a brief time you joined us, you are one between the worlds.

Accepted for trail.
If anyone witnesses unsatisfactory roleplay, contact Nicknero1405, RoflWaffle or RTLK. Be sure to provide console logs.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 02:54:53 AM by Nicknero1405 »

Offline Dashing Dave

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2011, 04:30:55 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Dave648
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 5-6 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 3-4 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s): Flags, or weapons (Sniper, 2 RPG's, 4 Rockets, Crossbow, 2 Shotguns, SMG, Pulse Rifle Ammo) and a fully working AirBoat. (Flags would work best, as we would have full control of these items.
Name: Dave Woods
Affiliation:Outlands Vested Medic. (Alliance)
What has caused your character to require these authorizations?: During the time that the Alliance has been togther in the outlands, things have been working smoothly for a while. While searching the outlands, the Alliance managed to find an Airboat after long hours of searching for weapons, shelter, and food. Dave Woods and Leonard managed to get the Airboat up and running after some quick adjustments. They managed to bring it back to Alpha Hotel (Alliance HQ) where it was used many more times to transport items from one side of the outlands, to the other.

The Alliance has been attacked by many things, from Choppers, to snipers, and the random zombie here and there. In one fight with a sniper, Leonard was hit badly. Dave Woods rushed over to treat to his wounds. While being treated, the sneaky OTA unit decided to get too close, only to find we had more men then he though. After a while of shooting, and treating minor wounds, the sniper was killed. His body, however, remained on the high ridge of the woods. Doc, the brains of the Alliance, managed to find a rope inside HQ, that was made into multiple knots, used to climb. The Alliance managed to get to the body, tossing it down, and finding the sniper rifle, along with an RPG. The rifle and RPG were carefully looked at by Doc, with the help of a few Vorts. After a while, the sniper was handed to Leonard (Statua, who left), who tested it many times, killing only 1 OTA unit. The RPGs were tested later on in the week, and have been approved for use, but where never used in combat. After multiple fights, and scavanges, the Alliance managed to find shotguns, and other sorts of weapons and ammunition. After taking the sniper rifle, Leonard handed over the AR2 he was using to Dave Woods, who currently uses it. A crossbow was later given to the Alliance as a gift, though it wasn't used much, as we had much more advanced weapons to use. (It was however used as a replacement for the sniper rifle, while the sniper rifle was not yet ready for the server, as it is now.

:What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?:
Perks:
-With the weapons we have managed to unlock and use, we have been able to defend ourselfs and those around us, in an easier way than before.
- The airboat allows quick travel across the outlands, and allowed us to carry multiple things from an old HQ, to another.
- Doc's knowledge of the OTA suits, and weapons is much larger than it was before.
Defects:
- The Airboat is loud and attracts a lot of attention.
- The weapons, such as the AR2, are very heavy, mixed with the medical equipment Dave Woods carries, disables him of running quickly.
- The sniper rifle is large and isn't easy to carry around.
- The airboat needs fuel too run and has many chances to stop working.
- Fixing the Airboat will attract attention.
- The sniper rifle is a loud weapon.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?: Most of the items I am requesting at weapons we already have. Weapons we have rp'ed with, killed with, and have used. Since Statua left, we no longer have access to these things. For example, we deleted the Aiboat after leaving, so no one could minge take it. Every time Statua would get on, and the Airboat was needed, he would spawn it in a safe spot we hid it. IC it is always there, and should IC still be there, but withought flags, or Statua, this cannot be done. Same goes with the weapons. With these weapons and the Airboat, the Alliance can grow stronger in it's defense, it's power, and it's insurrence. The Alliance has always avoided talking to many people, but with all this, we felt like a familly, beggining to welcome people. Withought these items again (because there is no way to access them) we are weak, when we shouldn't.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s)) : OOC Rory Phillips. IC Alfred, Albert 'Docter' *last name.* Cannot remember at this time, sorry. He has been on a lot as well, and knows everything, if not more, items that we should IC have.
Extra Notes (optional): A reminder, that the sniper, the AR2, shotgun, SMG, ammo, airboat, are all things WE IC HAVE. Since Statua left, we do not have access to them any longer, that is why I am applying.

I was told today that the sniper rifle was locked, and we could not use it. We managed to use it with the help of Doc and some vorts, but I am told it is impossible for none Civil protection units or OTA to use. If this is the case, I will not argue over it. However, if the sniper rifle will not be given to the Alliance, some rp in the past will need to be removed, or changed. Same goes with the Airboat and the 2 RPG's. As for the rest (Shotgun, SMG) they arn't as important.

Thank you for your time. Again, we have this stuff IC. I am just trying to get the Alliance back to the RP we should have. If there are any questions, add me over steam, or speak with me on outlands or the city. I would gladly answer anything with as much detail as I can.

Accepted for: Sniper, 2 RPG's, 2 Rockets, Crossbow, 1 Shotgun, SMG, Pulse Rifle Ammo.
Denied for: Airboat: You are not allowed to use vehicles which other players cannot obtain.
Flags: You don't need them. And no one other then admins (for admining purposes) will ever have V flags. v flags come with gold member only.

Edit: After talking to Statua, it appears he ONLY had a sniper, shotgun, USP and a radio. The other items where already owned by Dav, Albert and other guys. I'll be talking to you guys on what exactly you will get when I meet you ingame another time.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:01:47 AM by Nicknero1405 »
Dave Woods - Field Medic
-OUTLANDS-

Offline Dashing Dave

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2011, 04:40:12 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Dave648

How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 5-6 years.

How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 3-4 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s): To allow Shaw 'Profit' Modern into the city. Banned due to outlands.

Name: Shaw 'Profit' Modern

Affiliation: Resisting Citizen

What has caused your character to require these authorizations?: Shaw 'Profit' Modern was sent to outlands a while ago, because I was going to use him as my char for the Alliance, when statua was setting up. In the end, I made a new char. Shaw 'Profit' Modern is banned from the city, because he was shortly in outlands, and I would like to get him back, avoiding all connections to going into outlands, there wasn't many.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?:
Perks:
- I can use him in the city, where he should be.
- I did not take anything from outlands, and bring it back to the city.
- The city is where he belongs, it's where he rp's with others.
Defects:
- He is on the edge of amputation with Anti-civil points.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?: I wish to rp in the city like I was, I am sorry for taking him to outlands for a while, he wasn't suppost to go.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s)): No.

Extra Notes (optional):: Thank you for your time, if you can get him back, thank you even more. If you have any questions, ask me in the server, or, add me on steam, Dave648. Thanks.

Karma needs to do this auth app. He is the only one part from RoflWaffle to change the database to allow access again IF he is going to accept this in the first place. ~Nick
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 07:04:42 AM by Nicknero1405 »
Dave Woods - Field Medic
-OUTLANDS-

Offline =AGL= Cristopher

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2011, 08:41:02 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: || BBI || Cristopher

How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): For about 3 years

How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: For about 1 year

Character Section

Authorization(s):

Possession of a special screwdriver that can fit any type of screw (This was taken with me to the city | thin pins are at the front of the screwdriver, turning a knob on the screwdriver causes the pins to become stiff, to turn the screw | This is of my chararacter's own creation and design | The idea is from a tubular lockpick | My character used to be a hobbist lockpicker), used to be an amatuer radio operator ( can use, build, and repair radios ), basic knowledge on the innerworkings of locks, basic knowledge of lockpicking , Mechanically Minded ( Can visualize how something would work in his mind) , Knowledge of basic hacking ( My character's planned career was to be an Ethical Hacker | If you dont know what this is , please google it ) , the ability to distill water and the ability to create traps possibly ( a hook grabs you when you open a door with the trap on it)

Name: Cristopher Velece

What has caused your character to require these authorizations?

If this authorizations were accepted, my character would have been able to unlock a found cash register, repair it's small damages, and salvage a battery for it from a clock in the city. He would have also been able to make himself a mattpipe from scrap materials. He would also be able to build a radio, operate it to organize a blackmarket network and scan the frequencies for CP chatter.He also needs to be able to distill breen water to make bottled water (if this is possible with the help of an admin to spawn it or maybe for a superadmin to supply the needed flags). He is also able to break into apartments (im not sure how I can do it ingame, maybe an admin can help?). ALso, maybe the ability to hack into screens or scanners.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?

PERKS

A screwdriver that can open pretty much any screw

The ability to design things

The ability to figure out how existing things work

The ability to pick locks

The ability to distill water to take the drugs out

The ability to hack things

The ability to repair, build, hack and use radios from pretty much anything he can get his hands on ( request devices, flashlights, anything electrical or metal)

The ability to create a door triggered hook trap

DEFECTS

A huge risk taker

His skills can incriminate him

He is sensitive to other people's needs, so if anyone gets locked out of his apartment, he might incriminate himself by helping him open his door

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?

I plan to enhance my own and other people's active and passive RP

I plan to use them to help start my own resistance network eventually

I plan to commit certain crimes, some stated above such as breaking into apartments or hacking into screens and scanners

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s)) Noone else will need these auths

Extra Notes (optional): I can revise anything or completly remove something if needed, please reply | I have OOC knowledge of everything listed

Pending. I miss an entire backstory on how your character managed to smuggle his "special screwdriver" into the city, how and how much knowledge he has on said subjects above etc.
Also about this: "scan the frequencies for CP chatter" = a big no. CP uses different technology for their radios which cannot be received by human radios.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 07:12:21 AM by Nicknero1405 »

Offline Phoenix Wright

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2011, 05:57:25 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: DrBrainage

How long have you been Roleplaying?: Roughly a year and a half.

How long have you been playing Serious Gmod RP?: Not sure, but sadly not that long.

Character Section

Authorization(s):

An educated young man who loves reading books and is a good speaker, who has aquired minor knowledge on things like physics and biology. (meaning he can patch a wound or know how to use science equipment, but obviously can't understand combine tech or do open heart sugery.) He learned this from a college education as well as years of reading and learning from books. Also has a basic understanding of guns because he is a former resistence fighter.

Name: Johnney J. Jenkins Jr.

If this authorization was to be accepted, my character would be able to help his fellow man with his science and medical related skills, as well as use his love of books to collect them and loan them to people. (So basicly kind of like a library) He could also use his speech skills to host his own radio program, and use his gun skills to defend himself and others.

What will these authorizations give your charater in regards to perks or defects?

PERKS

Knows how to use a gun.

Knows basic stuff about the human anatomy.

Knows a lot about biology, chemistry, and other scientific practices.

Is an good reader, as well as a good speaker.

DEFECTS

Sometimes is overconfident.

Can be overly trusting.

What do you plan on doing with these perks/defects?

Improve the enhance the RP experience of myself and others.

Use it to hold a radio talk show, and be a collecter and trader of books.

Help out groups like Kira's clinic and the Allience Labs with their own endeavours.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and Ic names.) No, only myself.

Extra Notes: I hope you accept this because I think it would be really cool to develop my character more for the improvement of  my fellow peers and myself's RP experience.

Denied. An entire backstory is missing and this app includes a lot of unrealistic subjects such as a gun? Guns don't involve scientists or whatever you want to call yourself as. Also the fact half of your application includes resistance activity, and half seems to be an attempt to gain loyalty. Try again later and be sure to add a long good backstory on how your character got all these perks.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 06:35:05 AM by Nicknero1405 »

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2011, 12:53:13 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Darkshifter98

How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About a year and half.

How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: One year

Character Section

Authorization(s): Vortigaunt character

Name: X-8973 (Former name), Vek' Vosh' Tal

Affiliation: Vortigaunt refugee

What has caused your character to require these authorizations? Shortly after retrieving Xen crystal GG-3883 with Drone subject R-4913, the two vortigaunts came back to Xen to realize The Nihilanth was slain by Gordon Freeman. The two vortigaunts watched as their species fled to earth. A vortigaunt ran up to the to X-8973 and R-4913 and freed them from their Slavery devices, then fled to Earth. The two vortigaunts then ran after the vortigaunt toward the portal that lead to earth. Unfortunately, they were seperated from each other when they went through the portal. X-8973 woke up in the outlands shortly after the seven hour war, he looked for R-4913 but there was no sign of one of his only friends. He then stood up and set out to find R-4913. Along his travels, he met another vortigaunt. He chatted with the vortigaunt and asked if he had seen R-4913, he replied with that he hadn't heard of such a name. He then asked for X-8973's name, but instead of replying with X-8973 he said his real name, Vek' Vosh' Tal. After saying good bye, Vek' Vosh' Tal continued on. Shortly after, Vek Vosh' tal found the canals and walked into it, hoping to find R-4913 or yet another vortigaunt. Shortly before reaching the exit, Vek' Vosh' Tal spotted three humanoids walking towards him. He then channeled the Vortessence into his claws and he got into a fighting stance. As soon as the humanoids saw his glowing claws they turned around and quickly ran to the exit. Vek' Vosh' Tal decided to head to the exit as well. Upon exiting the canals, he found himself in the Outer canals. Vek' Vosh' Tal took in his surrondings and then jumped down on to the dirt below and set off in search of R-4913.

+Role-playing as a vortigaunt
+Being able to use the Vortessence in a lethal way againest enemys
+Using the Vortessence to heal others, aswell as myself.
-Will have to travel through the canals often, to not attract attention.
-He doesn't know vortigaunts and humans are on the same side, so he will be hostile if one approachs him.

I plan to RP using the Vortessence to heal others and harm enemys. I will also be hostile to humans until told by another vortigaunt that humans and vortigaunts are on the same side.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s)) Nope.

Extra Notes (optional): X-8973 and R-4913 are from the Half-Life: Decay bonus mission "Xen attacks" Half Life-Decay is part of the Half-life story line and follows canon well. Heres the wiki page: http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/R-4913_and_X-8973

Accepted for trail.
If anyone witnesses unsatisfactory roleplay, contact Nicknero1405, RoflWaffle or RTLK. Be sure to provide console logs.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 06:33:44 AM by Nicknero1405 »
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 07:59:32 AM »
Steam Name: OzJackal
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Eight years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Four years (people from PubGamer + Infusion will be able to confirm this.)

Character Section

Authorization(s): In the past, I successfully ran an anticitizen group (later evolving into a full-fledged Lambda group) by the name of Third Eye for a duration of eight months. Third Eye specialized in data retrieval, collection and analysis and later focussed more on organizing offensive operations. I don't particularly wish to take my group down the path of combat this time as I discovered six months into its creation that it was detracting from the value of the true aim of the group - to collect intelligence.

I simply ask that a 'starters package' of sorts be made available to myself so I may distribute those items amongst the trusted members among the group. These items would include four authorized In-Character balaclavas, two radios and possibly two pistols. The pistols are optional and are not required as I have other ways of attaining them. They would simply be a welcome addition to the starting pack. A labcoat, medical kit and medical knowledge will be needed for the Outlands character Christoph Heinrich.

Name: Matthew Beckett
Affiliation: Resisting Citizen - it is worth noting that a criminal status has not yet been achieved.

Below are basically the backstories as to the origins of Third Eye and why the authorizations are required.

Introduction

Third Eye was a Lambda-affiliated group designed to collect and analyze intelligence for future reference. The group was founded by Thomas 'Fox' Mason and Matthew 'Patriot' Beckett. The aim of Third Eye was to provide a more flexible intelligence network for the Resistance and Lambda as a whole. The clandestine undermining of the Combine Civil Authority and Sector Authority Board was a top priority for Third Eye.

Fox's Backstory

Due to Mason's secretive nature, many rumours about his past were passed around amongst the populace of Sector Eighteen. Mason put an end to the rumours after being asked by his close friend, Julius 'Falcon' Lashowe. Being brought up in a working-class family, Thomas strived hard to win his father's affection. An important goal of Thomas' was to finish Year 12 with his Higher School Certificate. However, due to certain circumstances (namely the constant drug and alcohol abuse on the part of his mother) he was forced to drop out of high school with no formal accreditation. He soon became involved in youth crime and began experimenting with narcotics and alcohol and even participated in the selling and distribution of those products in order to pay for his mother's habit, just to lessen the effects of the guilt he felt. His end goal was now to move far away from his family and to escape the troubles of his life.

Buying a ticket to Melbourne proved to be the least of his troubles when on his arrival he was immediately thrust into the world of crime again. Meeting Sirius Pablo of a rather notable gang improved his quality of life, at least for a while. Sirius provided Mason with fresh clothes, food, shelter and a place in his gang. Years later, having risen through the ranks at a steady pace, he encountered unwanted attention from an undisclosed federal agency. Mason was given two options: work for them or get locked away for a very long time. Seeing no other option, he decided to leave his criminal life behind and begin anew. Discarding his criminal attire in favour for a suit and tie, he became involved in cases regarding gang violence. Though his life finally had direction, this was cut short by the Combine invasion.

The Origins of Third Eye - Part I

Thomas 'Fox' Mason progressed steadily through the ranks of Lambda under the leadership of the figure 'Flame' after being convicted of several anticitizen acts. Several months after his recruitment, he became a notable leader of the Resistance in Sector Eleven - managing operations around the Sea of Ohtohsk. Having resided in Sector Eleven, he developed close bonds to many of the refugees and members of the Lambda Resistance. Mason was responsible for the founding of Third Eye, numerous attempted assassinations against members of the Sector Authority Board and countless offensive and defensive operations against the Combine Civil Authority. He allowed himself to be captured in an effort to safeguard the rest of the Resistance during Operation Deadlock. He was executed by RAZOR Unit 376 in Nova Prospekt.

It was revealed to his close friend Matthew 'Patriot' Beckett that Mason had a daughter residing in City Eighteen. Mason believed that during his final act as Regional Lambda Commander for Sector Eleven (the enaction of Operation Deadlock), he would not be coming back to aid the Resistance and requested that Beckett take care of his daughter, Nicole Mason. Of course, Matthew accepted this final request and sought passage to City Eleven in order to inject himself into society in an effort to find her.

Beckett had always held a 'shadow role' in Third Eye, never appearing on the Lambda duty roster or even appearing in the Outlands or Canal regions. Holding a clean record (though if Civil Protection) had known of his actions, he would surely have been dead by now), Fox used this to assign Beckett his final task - to watch over and protect Nicole. Nicole was untouched from Fox's criminal life and Beckett's job was to ensure that remained the case. Initially having difficulty locating Nicole, Beckett called on a favour from an old friend of his, Doctor Christoph Heinrich - a rather talented surgical expert. At first, this 'old pal' joked about forming a Third Eye cell in City Eighteen. Patriot took the joke as a suggestion and began seeking candidates for the cell. Christoph stated that he had a line on some equipment he needed to offload which could be used for the opening of the cell. He was alone and he needed all the help he could get.

The Origins of Third Eye - Part II

Under the leadership of Fox, Third Eye was split into two cells known as Splinter and Sleeper. Both cells combined during major operations in order to maximize efficiency and to provide intelligence to the Resistance. Patriot dropped the Splinter wing in favour of more undercover and clandestine operations.

• The objective of the Splinter wing was to forcefully disrupt Combine Civil Authority and Combine Overwatch efforts to reclaim Resistance territory. They were agents, specialised in combat situations, who used their skills in weaponry, athletics and survival techniques to sabotage or weaken key outposts/areas under Combine control. Splinter operatives regularly employed the use of special guerilla warfare tactics on supply depots and harrassive combat techniques whilst assaulting hostile positions. Again, I stress that the Splinter wing will NOT be active in this iteration of Third Eye, only Sleeper.
  • The objective of the Sleeper wing was to covertly manipulate the Sector Authority Board's influence in City Eleven and to undermine the Combine Civil Authority through the use of infiltration in key organisations, such as the Civil Workers Union and Civil Protection. Ultimately, it was their objective to grow within the ranks of these groups and gain information which would not only be invaluable to them, but to the entire resistance as well for future operations. Sleeper agents were instructed to assume an identity and lay in waiting for an assignment. The waiting period between assignments varied greatly - sometimes it took up to three weeks for a task to become active from the date of issue.

Before Fox's execution as a consequence of Operation Deadlock, Third Eye was comprised of the following full-time members:

• Thomas Mason A.K.A. 'Fox'
  • Christoph Heinrich A.K.A 'Vulture'
  • Matthew Beckett A.K.A. 'Patriot'
  • Anthony Maurice A.K.A. 'Indigo'
  • Julius Lashowe A.K.A. 'Falcon'
  • Vladimir Klavistaki A.K.A. 'Stalker'
  • Vendianca Beviachi A.K.A. 'Ecorin'
  • Hannah Lee A.K.A. 'Widow'
  • John Phoenix A.K.A. 'Viper'
  • Sarah Remington A.K.A. 'Hound'

Nothing drastic, just a more efficient way to communicate and to carry out assigned tasks. The group will be mostly self-sufficient.

I plan to use the items requested to create a steady foundation on which to build the City 18 cell of Third Eye upon. Christoph Heinrich will have a possible chance to prevent a PK with the use of his medical knowledge and equipment.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))

Due to obvious reasons, I don't wish to disclose any details regarding the names IC of Third Eye's members (other than Matthew and Christoph) on a public forum thread. However, I am willing to divulge that the current group members are myself, Luzz and Grom.

Extra Notes (optional): Thanks for taking the time to read this application.  :)

Very big reccomendation, a great roleplayer. - SkeptiK

Rare to find someone that actually knows his shit, recommendation from me as well! -SaoulZod

Adding my recommendation to this also, seems like a nice guy along with his application being amazing. - Monkey with a gun

This piece of writing is incredible. I'll accept this for the following items: 4 balaclavas, 2 radios and a medical kit and knowledge for Christoph Heinrich.
The labcoat is a big thing, and should be requested by Christoph himself in a separate application. I'm also interested to know what that other way is you would obtain the pistols, and I'm happily to accept it when you've done it that way. :)
Please note that this does not mean your resistance group is official. We will never have an official resistance group.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 06:51:19 AM by Nicknero1405 »

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2011, 01:13:23 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: [={.NAL.}=] Renegade Awsome

b]Age
:How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 6 years
:How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 6 years
Character Section

Authorization(s): +Crossbow
                                             +Magnum
Name: John Mars
Affiliation: Resistance
What has caused your character to require these authorizations?: John was a historian at the Smithsonian pre war. When the Combine invaded he took an ancient, ornate handgun and schematics for a crossbow which he has constructed of scrap and rebar pulled form ruins.
What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?:
+ a crossbow
+ a 357. Magnum
- magnum is an old erra designe, making it louder then usual
- wouldn't the crossbow reliable

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?: Try to survive
Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s)) Nope.avi
Extra Notes (optional): Again, not to reliable. For outlands

Denied. There is barely any to no effort put into this application. No backstory at all, and the 10 years of Xen invasion is missing. Taking guns with you from pre-war is highly unlikely as you would either lose it, or it has been taken away from you during the invasion of both Xen and the Combine. This is more like a request to ass-spawn some guns, and the fact that this explanation is longer then the entire "backstory" makes me want to deny this.
Please try again later and be sure to write a realistic, in-canon backstory on how your character managed to obtain the requested perks/items.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:13:42 PM by Nicknero1405 »

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »
layer Area

Steam Name: The Joke
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Around 4 years
How long have you been playing Serious Gmod RP?: Nearly 1 Year

Character Area

Authorization(s):Weapons Handling, Tactics, 2 Boxes of ammo for a MP-7 and 2 boxes of ammo for a 9MM pistol.

Name: Zak Grant
Affiliation: Refugee
My character is ex-SAS and he Was taken aboard the SAS when his Sergent spotted hi immediate progress in the army, He was moved up to the SAS and taught the ropes, Weapon handling, Commands and movements and basic Flight control. But he soon realised that the SAS and the army were joining with the Combine, So he left to join the Rebels and suffered amnesia once The citidel exploded and he was injured,(recently a vortiguant helped me remember my past so i remember my training) Now all he wants to do is get rid of the combine once and for all

Commanding abilities, Movement and tactics, weapons handling

Can command squads and handle weapons
Cannot control rage when people don't listen to commands

Not that i know of

The Backstory:

Chapter 1
I was only 18, Just had my birthday, And wanted to join the army already. I always found the army fasinating, Their way of how they work, The joy of knowing you have done something right to the world, and mostly? The guns, I cant wait to shoot my first rifle! If my aplication is accepted...But only time could tell.

Chapter 2
I got up this morning and checked my emails, And i found a email listed by the army I read it and straight away i saw the words "You have been accepted to fight for her majesty in the British Forces" I was so happy I fell off of my chair!  It said that i had to go on a Course to fully gain a part in the British Forces, I was relitively fit so i was not too worried, I should have not been so confident.

Chapter 3
My first day at Basecamp Herford was hell. All day they had us doing something, Learning to march, Running for hours, Pull ups, I was knackered but carried on going, Finnally by the end of the day i was about to leave when someone grabbed my shoulder, "Who are you?" I asked, He replied "General Becks son!" I nodded and carried on, But he grabbed me by the arm again, He was like a tower you did not wanna get on his bad side. " I saw you out there today!" He boomed "I Think this is all too easy for you son!" I replied "No offence sir but i did not find that easy and im bloody knackered" He laughed " I think you could do that ten times over you have determination boy, Thats what i like to see" I looked at him with a blank expression " Where is this going Sergent?" He smiled " Straight to the point, i like that, well son i think you are able to go up a notch and join a higher group of individuals...The SAS" I looked shocked " But sir! There must be people out there who deserve it more than me! People out there who have been fighting for years!" "Probably are" He replied with thought "But i think you can handle it, Come by station Hammond next week son, we will get you aquainted"

Chapter 4
It was a week later, I was still in pain from my blisters, But duty called, I met up with a man named Leuitenant Renolds, He would be commanding me from now on, The first thing we did was weapons training, He came over to me with a Standard MP-7 and showed me how to load it, And how to hold and fire it, He passed it to me, I almost fell down not realising how heavy it would be, He said I would get used to the weight, And i did so quite rapidly, I aimed down the shooting range, The moving targets were hard to hit, I only had 15 bullets to hit 12 targets, He told me to use burst fires, I shot and and wasted 3 bullets to one target, I slowed down and shot slowly, by the end of it i hit 9 out of 12 targets, Which the sergent said was very good for a first time. We later moved on to tactics, He showed me Standard hand commands, Like stop, Double time, Go prone, Etc. Then he showed me Formations like , Sword, Arrow, Line, Etc. I used all these commands and formations to command a squad of 4 in a training exercise, It was not too hard and later that day i was accepted into the SAS

Chapter 5
I could not believe it, Only two weeks at the camp and i was already part of one of Britains most succesful units, But my Joy stopped that very day. I had to go back to the camp for debreif on a mission we would be going on, It was only a small recon mission nothing major, When i went past the office of General Becks, I looked in and saw Combine on a small screen, They were talking about the attacks they were going to unleash on Eastern France, I knew that day that you could not trust anyone. I left that day and joined the Rebels to get back at the Combine for Killing innocent people, But i knew it would be hard to get weapons and ammo out there so i stole a MP-7 and a 9MM pistol both with 2 boxes of ammo from the armory and ran off It was all going well in my new career, Untill I found myself near a exploding building...or Tower, the Citidel blew up i suffered amnesia and forgot everything that had happened.

Chapter 6
Only recently a Vortiguant helped me remember my past and show me who i truly was... And all i woke up with was a MP-7 and a 9MM pistol with 2 boxes of ammo for each weapon...guess i know where they came from...

Denied - SAS only recruit the best of the best, you need a minimum service time of two years before they will even consider allowing you to join, after and if you get a invitation to join SAS you need to go through months of training, not just learning how to fire a MP7. - Monkey with a gun
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:20:07 PM by Monkey with a gun »
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2011, 04:23:56 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Krisrules
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3 - 4 Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2-3 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s): Ragdoll flag

Name: Mark Frost - Helix.03.562
Affiliation: CCA

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
After joining the CCA Mark took a look back on his present and current life. He had been a firefighter before the combines invasion, and he was now to some extent, a police officer. Back during pre-union roll, there was one other emergency service to completey the three, which was a doctor. During the first week of his recruitment induction he had learned about NOVA. He seized the oppurtunity to try and get in to that division, he had always wanted to be a doctor but would never have even dreamed of reaching this during pre-union rule, due to the prices and good grades required to get in to university. But in NOVA, you were taught what you needed to know. Knowing this Mark begun pondering how far he could expand his knowledge, if he would be able to learn surgery and much more.
     Mark had now succesfully made his way in to NOVA, but still has a long way to go before he becomes a medical genius, but he knew once he reached a rank of responsibility, he might be able to request permission to begin projects, research phenomona, and in the back of his head chemical weapons even crossed his mind.

Spawn ragdolls which could create passiveRP within the nexus. (All the research and development that falls under HELIX)
Wouldn't be allowed to use them if there aren't many units online patrolling.
Could use ragdolls to teach units below me (Anatomy, surgery, other fun things.)
Couldn't use too many cause they can lag.

Spawn Ragdolls and perform research and similar RP scenarios, teach medical RP with them.

Perhaps any of the other units as enthusiastic about Medical RP would want them, but I dont know any.

Extra Notes (optional):
I understand this may be considered quite a silly request, but it makes sense in my head.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2011, 05:03:42 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Lewis
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Probably about a year and a bit.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Around six months.

Character Section

Authorization(s): Vortigaunt character.

Name: Rhial'Kar
Affiliation: You could say he's a refugee.

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

Part I

Rhial'Kar was feeding on some of the Xen fungal growth, when everything turned to confusion and chaos momentarily.
Large electrical-like arcs of bright green crackled and zapped, and Rhial'Kar no longer saw the friendly and growing-familiar Xen environment of his 'home', but rather he saw a large slab of concrete, meeting his obscure shaped face, his unblinking eyes. There was a large thud, as he hit the ground, rendering himself unconcious, perhaps fatally.
Unbeknown to Rhial'Kar, the "Portal Storms" had begun.
He lay for months, perhaps even longer, at the accidental end of the sewage pipe. He had drifted down the sewers, unsighted by anyone, until he was beached on the mud and dirt. As he awoke, the first thing Rhial'Kar felt was an emptiness in his stomach, followed shortly after by a throbbing headache. Confused, dazed, hungry, he stumbled along, unsure of where he was, and had no idea what happened. Looking around, he tried to learn something from his environment, gray concrete walls, muddy liquids and stainless steel rods implemented into one of the walls, a ladder.
Pulling himself sneakingly up from the muddy liquid; up to the last rung of the ladder, the first thing Rhial'Kar noticed was that the road was almost empty; only a few large trucks driving down and up the road every now and then. Upon further inspection, he noticed that these trucks were packed to the brim with people on the way up the road, and on the way down, there was none.
Rhial'Kar decided it was too risky to send out a flux call, hoping that the other Vortigaunts, if there were any in the same position as him, would hopefully rendezvous with him; giving them all a chance to find a way back.
Living off the strange life-forms and vegetation; Rhial'Kar waited out for a long, long time. Eventually, the trucks stopped going by, and the roads were empty now, he decided to send out a flux call, hoping for another Vortigaunt to respond.

"Aah gong churrr, galan?" he chanted, the sounds echoing.

There was no reply, not even in an hour. He was alone. At least he thought.
Rhial'Kar plodded along, down the seemingly endless motorway, now desolate. After a while, he saw large structures of concrete, glass and metal, civilization, but not as he knew it. There was an immense pain in his head, and once again; he collapsed in a heap, lying in the middle of the road, unconcious.
He awoke with a start, about ten masked figures in a room with him, he was out-stretched on a rather sophisticated operating table, And instead of bare concrete walls, he saw a blue-tinged metal, with a futuristic look about it, surrounding him. He heard a hiss of air as a door opened, sliding to the roof, more of these figures entered, and Rhial'Kar's instincts kicked in. He jumped up from the table, the same electrical-like arcs of green light emitting from his hands, about to strike one of the masked figures, when he was hit on the head multiple times with something blunt, cold, and electrifying.
This time, Rhial'Kar slowly came round, being dragged by two of the figures, out through the large complex. He tried to use the Vortessence, attempting to strike the figures. It wouldn't work, he tried multiple times, but it just wouldn't work. He was shackled around his waist and stomach area, large metallic cuffs were around his wrists and a painfully tight and uncomfortable collar around his neck.
He felt a rush of air as he was dumped outside, and the large figure kicked him, speaking in a monotonous voice.

"Pick up the brush and start sweeping." laughed the figure, smirking beneath his mask at the struggling Vortigaunt.

Rhial'Kar was unsure of what he said, but he guessed it had something to do with the object he was thrown. He held the broom and scooper in his hands, staring at the figure; his large orange eyes blinking.

"Sweep the ground, now." commanded the figure, speaking slowly as if he was talking to an infant; making a sweeping motion with an invisible broom.

Rhial'Kar repeated the figure's motions, and moved as he was directed, brushing up debris from the ground and depositing it in a bag attached to the shackle on his stomach. After a few tiresome hours, he was cuffed together again, and escorted to a blank room, about 3 metres in every dimension. He sat in the room, unsure of everything that had been happening; eating the sludge dropped through a slot in the door, plopping to the metal basin in the ground. He drifted off to sleep, tired from trying to use the Vortessence, and to Flux Shift.
Another masked figure came in the morning, armed with the broom and cleaning items, pulling him up from the ground.
Once again, he was brought outside, with the figures making sure he didn't try to do anything they didn't want him to do, with some "humans" in blue outfits watching him; stunned by him. He swept his little brush, listening to the background noise, looking up at his surroundings briefly. The unique way of writing, the sleek, blue tinted architecture, the huge structures. It finally hit him, much like the way that stun-baton hit him the other day.
The Combine had struck again.

Part II

The days, weeks and months passed slowly and tediously after his recent 'discovery'. He had been beaten regularly for stalling; but he was not stalling for any reason, he was not stupid. Rhial'Kar was attempting to pick up on the local language; English. Looking around with his large, dark orange eyes, he watched as two humans argued and barged each other; presumably fighting over the tin of food lying on the ground. Sighing, the masked figure watching Rhial'Kar jogged over to the figures; who had moved down an alleyway, into the darkness. There were a few shouts, and one of the men emerged again, running down the backstreet towards Rhial'Kar. One had apparently 'stolen' a stun-baton from the masked figure, and the other was trying to break the chain to which Rhial'Kar was bound with his foot. After a few minutes of irritating noise and confusion, the other man ran towards the chain, fiddling with the padlock. After a few seconds, it came lose, and the man threw the key into a bush. The men quite literally dragged him to the alleyway, where the masked figure was lying motionless, a dent in it's helmet.

"Jonesy, get that hatch open; the CPs ain't gonna' be long..." whispered the man, as Jonesy struggled to lift the manhole cover.

"Hurry up Rufus!" shouted the man as the cover gave way, revealing the ladder.

Rhial'Kar - whom had not spoken a word yet - slid down the ladder, landing with a 'splodge' in the sewage. Rufus flicked on a flashlight, and Jonesy readied the stun-baton, as the all ran down the tunnel. The men exchanged a few words, as they pulled back a wooden panel, revealing a rather long sewer pipe; just big enough for somebody to fit in. They all squeezed in, one after the other, and began to crawl slowly; the painstakingly long journey beginning. After a few grueling hours, the tunnel stopped suddenly, and Rhial'Kar toppled out, the two men stopping.

"Shit!" shouted Rufus, desperately trying to grab him as he toppled out.

The ground soon became visible, and he landed in the water, the beams of the flashlight barely penetrating the darkness. The men flashed the light down on him, annoyed as there was no way to reach him.

"We'll try and find you later, we're going to have to climb up, I'll throw down some supplies!" he shouted, his voice echoing loudly. There was a flash of light from the top of the storm drain, a few loud banging noises and the screams of help.

"Fuck, move back Jonesy, they're going to sh-" shouted Rufus. Seconds later he was dead, his body toppling into the canals. Jonesy was nowhere to be seen, Rhial'Kar only hoped the best for him. He examined the body of his late friend, taking the few supplies on him, before he set off. He caught a flash of the masked figures at the top of the drain, and decided to wait it out. After a few hours of waiting, he began to climb out of the drain, the long journey to the top hindered by the mud and water on the ladder. By the time he got out, he found Jonesy sitting on a rock, twiddling with a handgun. He stood up, and fiddled with the collar and the wrist guards on Rhial'Kar; which he had completely forgotten about. For the first time in months, Rhial'Kar spoke to him.

"This... Vortigaunt shows sorrow to the loss..."

Jonesy looked up at his unmoving, rotund orange eyes, before speaking his last words to him.

"You're on your now, buddy." whispered Jonesy, pulling the trigger of the handgun. He collapsed in an almost graceful sense, and Rhial'Kar watched him for a few minutes, before trotting off; into the vast expanse of derelict warehouses, fields and motorways.

"You're on your own now, buddy..." the words still echo in his head to this day.

Perks: Ability to communicate with other Vortigaunts.
           Using Vortessence. (i.e Flux Shifts(Or calls), healing powers, using it against enemies.(To an extent.))
Defects: Still regaining his strength in Vortessence, a bit weak at using it.
              Not the best at speaking in English, but he'll learn.
              Hasn't really picked up on Humans; doesn't understand them that much.

I plan to open up a whole new expanse of role-playing for myself and others.

No.

Extra Notes (optional):
N/A

Definitely one of the best vortigaunt applications i have seen, i have complete confidence in your ability to rp a vortigaunt. Accepted for trial character. - Monkey with a gun
If anyone witnesses unsatisfactory roleplay, contact any SA+ on HL2RP. Be sure to provide console logs.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:34:56 PM by Monkey with a gun »

tetris76

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2011, 07:31:34 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: ~Resist?
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 2-3 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 years

Character Section

Authorization(s): Headcrab

Name: Milo
Affiliation: Humans, outlands laboratories

The reason I am applying for this is because around the lab we have 2 headcrabs. Angela (Monkey) and Milo (NPC) We have RP'd with Milo, but since it is an npc, he will attach players. I have decided that if Milo was a player controlled character, RP would me more accessible and fun. I could reply to Angela and take the role of milo, eliminating the use if /it when Milo is to respond. When with Angela, I will become less responsive towards most things. The character will also be de-beaked meaning he will not have his fangs and can "Only attempt to couple with your head" Also, I will be faithful to humans. A part of Doctor Albert's DNA was connected to mine and that means I will see humans as friends rather than pray or a threat.

Perks:
-Communicate with other headcrabs
-Speak in Xen
-Be among humans and be attended to.

Defects:
-Will be in the lab unless instructed
-Mostly will be in my cage with Milo
-Can't communicate with humans

Help RP and make it that much more fun for The Humans, Vorts, Angela and Me. I will PR being a headcrab. My actions and /me will be influenced by that fact. I will be somewhat inattentive when with Angela.

No

Extra Notes (optional): Im a headcrab- cute, loving but CAN be aggressive if provoked.

Denied - See OP post restrictions. - Monkey with a gun
No authorizations for Stalkers, Vortigaunt Slaves, Synths, NPCs (such as zombies), or Black Mesa employees.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:37:19 PM by Monkey with a gun »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal