Author Topic: Unit 999's Personal Journal  (Read 2615 times)

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
Unit 999's Personal Journal
« on: May 08, 2012, 12:42:16 AM »
OOC:

Only obtainable by searching 999's immediate person, or killing him.

IC:

**The entries appear to be written in a black pen, the small hardback book with hand written entries on each page.

Entry #001, 5/7/2016

Seems I'm on track to joining ZEALOT. They said to write my logs from now on with a paper and pen - Otherwise any HC Unit can delve into my privacy and read into my day to day thoughts on life. They also said that deleting them wouldn't do any good because backups are automatically made. Seems pretty shitty to me. But it's the same thing now - Only I'm writing and not typing. I was hit with a fragmentation grenade today, and I'm unfortunately left to hobble around with a limp until it's fully healed.

They brought up something I wrote in my last log - I'd written jokingly that 899 was a smug bastard... I hope he didn't take offense to it. He's saved my ass so many times I'm lucky to have him as a friend. First day on trial as a ZEALOT Unit. Life is good. From what I understand, it's a huge vouch from some of the other ZEALOT members that I'm even being considered, since their selection pool is extremely small, and I'm still an 04.

Caught Turious Whatever-the-fuck his name is, with a shit load of contraband and trying to get a business permit even after 717 warned him that if he kept trying to open that pawn shop of his that he'd kill him. I don't think I'll be seeing him around again. Not that I want to.

That German girl, I got her name today. Nina. She's cute, and she flirts with me a lot, and I don't seem to get yelled at for talking to citizens when I'm supposed to be on patrol all of a sudden, now that I'm wearing a ZEALOT Armband.. Do they know more about my future directive than I do? Who knows. I'm just happy right now. I'm alive, even after getting shot, hit with a fragmentation grenade, and my rib being fractured. Reminds me of one of my favorite songs, before the combine invasion. Wish I could listen to it now. I miss music.

Might try the whole non-mechanical-reproductive thing with Nina if she gives me the chance, heh. 'Ts sorta like playing with fire though, might come back to burn me in the end. Got to fuck around with some whore who was trying to get Units at the HAP to UPA with her.
Pulled my MP7 out, walked towards her and started playing with the trigger, pulling it back a bit, and letting it spring forward to make a clicking noise. I told her she had 10 clicks to get the hell away from the HAP, and just started limping after her, playing with the trigger. She ran and hid in the UCH, funniest thing I've done all week.

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Unit 999's Personal Journal
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 07:55:35 AM »
Entry #002, 5/8/2016

What kind of bullshit is this? Apparently 050 almost got a brainwash because he was "TOO NICE TO ME", 050's one of the best fucking officers I know, what the hell is this shit they're pulling over him? All because he shoots targets with me from time to time and I help him with VICE maintenance?

Fuck that. 050's too good for that shit, even if I have to stay away from him he's not getting his fuckin' mind addled by these psychos. "HE HAS FRIENDS, LET'S WIPE HIS MIND!" What the fuck is that? Who does that? WHO FUCKIN' DOES THAT?

Sick bastards. I guess if I'm going to have to opt out of augmentations when I become high enough rank to get them. That gets a fuckin' mind wipe too. Maybe I'll make some friends in VICE and SHIELD before I get the augmentations - Make it clear to them privately that I don't want my egg scrambled... Might work. I'd have to talk to them about it... Who does the Augmentations in VICE and SHIELD?.. Probably Officers.. I don't want to get 050 involved, they're already suspicious of him... I'll make friends with 270, she already said that she regrets that I went to ZEALOT instead of VICE, even said I was an exceptional unit... Dammit I wish I was better at telling people how I feel. She makes me smile, and I always try to impress her, why I don't know. She doesn't seem to notice though. Maybe it's just hormones or some shit, fucking with my behavior. I'll ask a SHIELD abo- No, actually. I don't want them getting any ideas and drugging me up on something that'll make me some monotone asshole who's even worse about making friends than I already am.

I'm glad I'm in ZEALOT... From talking with 270 she told me that we focus on higher priority threats to the CCA, like assassinating rebel leaders. That's what I'm looking forward to. Learning how to make myself the best that I can be - A tool weapon against my enemies, a blade that cuts deep.

I will fashion myself into a weapon; A total weapon, my body, mind and skill honed to a razor's edge. I'm going to start training harder than ever now; Fuck my leg, I can still train, and nothing except myself can stand in my way.

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:35:58 AM »
**The handwriting here seems sloppy, a bit shaky, as if it were written off-handedly.

Entry #003, 5/8/2016

So much for a total weapon... Challenged the COTA Unit to another hand to hand combat duel. If it wasn't for my damn leg I would've had a fighting chance at winning. From the very start of it I was landing blows and staying smart, keeping myself moving so I wouldn't get pummeled by her augmentations... I made the mistake of blocking a strike with my injured leg, I couldn't put any weight on it, it felt like it'd give out and she came at me, I did the only thing that popped into my mind and shifted my good leg out from underneath me and drilled her helmet as hard as I could with all my body weight on the way down... I think some things in my hand are fractured... I can't.. Make a fist properly.. Having to write this with my left hand... No SHIELD personell online, as fucking usual... I wrapped it myself with some bandages I'd confiscated from Turious... I owe that little bastard.

I suppose I'm just going to tough it out.. Took a double dose of Codeine, I'll see if SHIELD will give me anything stronger...
It's a good thing I can shoot left handed, at least with my pistol, or else I'd be fucking useless right now.. A bad leg and a bad hand, I'm half cripple for christ sakes...

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 09:45:51 AM »
**The handwriting still seems sloppier than usual, but seems to be slightly better and more uniform.

Entry #004, 5/9/2016

Well, Nina joined Civil Protection. Recruit 852. I think I'm going to have her tag along with me while I do my duties with the excuse that I need an assistant since my wrist is fractured and I've got a bum leg. No one will likely question it, and I'll get to spend more time with her. My leg's slowly getting better. 261 told me that my wrist would heal in a couple weeks, which sucks because I can do literally zero Gun Kata training with only functional use of my left hand. Once my leg gets a bit better I'm going to resume physical training, probably focus more on kicks and evasion for hand to hand combat, possibly do some training in my knife work. I'll only be good enough when I can beat that damn COTA Unit. My injury from last fight was my own damn fault. But when I fight her with no injury, fresh training and a clear head, I won't let myself be beaten..

More importantly though, I think I did my first real ZEALOT assignment yesterday. I had to write a full length report on it and everything, I hope I did well. I'm a bit nervous about it, but I'll prove my worth to them somehow.

The good news is that we found the location of that Vortigaunt due to my efforts. Her hiding place has been exposed... Now I'm only wondering if I could get her myself.. I know that 717 told me that I couldn't go undercover, but perhaps when I'm off-duty I could stumble across her and just happen to have my knife on me? Actually that's a really dumb idea, going after her when I'm still wounded like this I might get killed... But fighting that COTA Unit while I was injured I still almost came out on top. Which is more deadly: A moldy alien, or an elite soldier augmented to be a killing machine? Gonna go with the COTA Unit.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:56:18 AM by Sheo »

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 08:35:47 PM »
Entry #005, 5/9/2016

Well, my body seems to be accepting my new liver just fine, according to SHIELD personnel. Had to put up 'Truth'. Had to, if I wanted to be in ZEALOT, so they tell me... I suppose we all make sacrifices. It'll be waiting for me when I'm a Division Leader, or, hell, maybe a CmD if I make it that far... I hope I make it that far. That's a true level of freedom. City wide Commander...

Had a few lengthy talks with the Civil Administrator, Doctor Richter. Seems like an okay guy, but wrong in some ways. Too keen on killing people, and too willing to... Sell his soul, really. He strikes me as that type. A bit shifty, black in the heart. I wouldn't trust him to have my back, to say the least.

In the latest news, the SHIELD Forensics team are getting a bit pushy. They lodged me out of my own case, which I was strictly pursuing as a ZEALOT Unit, because "The case got too deep for an 04 to handle." Puh-lease. They wouldn't have a goddamn case if I didn't get them off of their lazy asses in the first place. It's just bloody stupid that they'd get in my way of getting into ZEALOT by hijacking my investigation with out even a fuckin' thank you. The goddamn nerve of it. Bossy bastards.

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 11:56:20 PM »
Entry #006, 5/9/2016

We apprehended a mass rapist tonight.

My good ol' pal Turious.

He was locking women inside an apartment in D6 and just raping them repeatedly at gunpoint... ZEALOT got their hands on him. More specifically, me and 899 did. I fucking hate rapists. Just the thought of it... The mental image of it ignites a deep, primal fucking rage within me. We sat him down in the interrogation room. 899 still had some use for this fucking little punk, so I didn't hurt him that much. Enough to make him have nightmares about me though I'll reckon. I can't wait for tomorrow. 899's told me I can't touch him tonight. That's fine. I can be patient when I need to be. He's all mine tomorrow, so I've got all tonight and tomorrow morning on how best to make him fucking pay for the lives he's ruined.

I don't know. I'll certainly sleep on it though. Not going to loose any sleep over making that little asshole bleed a bit, I'm not that weak. I hope I at least broke his nose with that palm strike.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:59:43 PM by Sheo »

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 05:00:16 PM »
Entry #007, 5/10/2016

Well, I helped wrap up that case just like I wanted. Turns out that the SHIELD DvL wasn't being a dick really, it was simply that for some reason my division had been barred from working on the investigation. Which is just wierd, he said to ask one of my superiors about City 18. Anyways, hit my wrist on the way down after that little bastard bit my leg... I think it's okay... Might have fucked up the mending process though so after they're done operating on 036 I'm going to ask them to X-ray it...

It's a calming sensation, being able to write in this journal. Feels a bit more personal. My legs getting easier to walk on, the bruises on it from fighting the COTA just ache when I put weight on it. But, the double doses of Codeine I've been taking help with me... To not really feel much. Those are pretty calming too. Just lets everything... Roll off your shoulders. Like water under the bridge.

Haven't got to see Nina, or err, 852 as much as I'd like to. I really miss her... I hope she gets her SOP today so I can be her patrol partner.

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 10:35:16 AM »
Entry #008, 5/11/2016

Just going to start leaving this at my apartment and writing in it while I'm off duty after work. Reason why? High Command is getting bitchy about written journals. I don't really see it as a big deal, and all the High Command units I know probably don't give a shit either. 050, 270, 211, My Division Leader, 717, 899, 619, None of them will give two shits about whether I detail my experiences in this little journal or whether I do it on console. Why? Because they don't really care to invade my privacy because they trust me without having to do so.

Other units of High Command either: Don't get it, Don't know me, or have sand in their vaginas, apparently. Started regular PT and Hand to Hand training today. It feels good, really good. On top of that I asked a VICE unit if he could help me replace my standard issue folding knife with a fixed bladed one that would be more useful for combat, and boy did he come through. This thing is like... 13 inches from one end to the other. It's sleek, silver and sexy too hehe. Holds an edge well, I haven't had to sharpen it that much.

Now that my injuries have recovered I'm hoping that they'll start letting me do 'real' ZEALOT work... Oh and err, apparently after having my medical checkup yesterday 350 says I have nerve damage from that grenade... Gah. I won't tell anyone. They'll think I'm not suited for combat operations or something. They'll think I'm too weak to operate on the levels required by ZEALOT Units. No bloody way, says I. Just going to have to train harder to make up for it...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:07:20 AM by Sheo »

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 12:24:44 PM »
//CCA units don't get apartments. :p  Barracks-style living accomadations are provided in the Nexus. Your apartment would have been reassigned when you became a unit.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 01:32:53 PM »
OOC: This journal has now been incinerated in the heart of the nexus, and information regarding it is nigh unrecoverable.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal