Author Topic: Does anyone else get this stupid shit  (Read 2945 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Does anyone else get this stupid shit
« on: June 26, 2014, 07:39:29 AM »
Never tell your password to anyone.
4:37 AM - FuzzySanwch: Gat Squeezer: If two people by name (NisseFar and Nivek) wants to add you to their list, do not accept. It is a virus.Tell it to everyone on your list because if ome person on your list adds him or her, you get it too. It is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus.Please pass it to everyone on your list
4:38 AM - Cow: you cant get a virus by adding someone on steam you twat

I swear that every few months or so I get some idiot on my friends list spreading this. Doesn't happen to me very often but I'd say at least every 6 months or so.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Does anyone else get this stupid shit
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 07:49:38 AM »
Getting emails from a random guy in your old contacts list with an empty subject and just a single random link is one thing... But wtf, steam friends? ;-;

I never got something like that...
What I DID get however was some guy who somehow got on my friendslist, then disguised himself as someone else on my friendslist and tried to make me download some crap and "test it because it wasn't working for him".
But yeah, you can't get a virus from simply accepting someone on your friends list, lol.

And even if you could, I'm not accepting anyone unless I really know the guy anyway. Because I get countless invites every week (probably from HRP players) and my friendslist would be full within no time if I really had to accept all of them. Not to mention 9 out of 10 times they only add me so they can annoy me about HRP stuff that you can just as easily use the report feature for.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Remilia Scarlet

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 08:55:16 AM »
-snip-
And even if you could, I'm not accepting anyone unless I really know the guy anyway. Because I get countless invites every week (probably from HRP players) and my friendslist would be full within no time if I really had to accept all of them. Not to mention 9 out of 10 times they only add me so they can annoy me about HRP stuff that you can just as easily use the report feature for.

Would you accept a friend request from me old pal?
Gregory Casavant: ((The HRP stew is missing something today, hmm, needs more admin.))

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 07:43:36 PM »
-snip-

I remember when I first joined cg and I added nick he told me "I don't add ppl I only add important people" or something like that n the day I got admin I added him again and he accepted lmao
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Does anyone else get this stupid shit
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 07:48:06 PM »
-snip-

I remember when I first joined cg and I added nick he told me "I don't add ppl I only add important people" or something like that n the day I got admin I added him again and he accepted lmao

Because it's important for admins to be able to communicate. And admin don't constantly bug you about shit ingame. It only makes sense.

Is this thread about some kind of steam virus, or about my SF...? :\

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 07:51:41 PM »
Yeah, let's stay on topic.

I personally have never heard of this, but it sounds like utter bullshit.  Adding someone as a friend on Steam does not make you download anything, so I don't see how anyone with even basic knowledge of how the internet works would buy this for a second.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 08:44:32 PM »
I remember I got that very same message (even the same people in question I reckon) ages ago when I was new to gmod.

That is what.. 4-5 years ago? Some stupid copy-paste scare message, been around literally for years.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal