Author Topic: Outlands Wallpapers  (Read 4983 times)

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Outlands Wallpapers
« on: October 21, 2012, 12:40:32 PM »
So, since the outlands server is down i figured i'd ocuppy my time with something else. I ended up making these wallpapers with a bit of a cinematic feeling to them using key characters of outlands. I might make more if people feel i left someone important out (which i most likely did) or even make wallpapers with different themes. Anyhow, Enjoy! Low resolution just to check them out in the forum, and high res to put 'em on your desktop  ;)

LOW RESOLUTION

Eli 'The Stalker' Valerian
Spoiler for Hiden:

Matthew 'Oldman' Henderson
Spoiler for Hiden:

Layla 'Razors' Blackburn
Spoiler for Hiden:

Joanna 'Tragedy' Sinbow
Spoiler for Hiden:

HIGH RESOLUTION

Eli 'Stalker' Valerian
Spoiler for Hiden:

Matthew 'Oldman' Henderson
Spoiler for Hiden:

Layla 'Razors' Blackburn
Spoiler for Hiden:

Joanna 'Tragedy' Sinbow
Spoiler for Hiden:

And as an added note, If it's not obvious i'm anxious for outlands to come back on already xD

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Outlands Wallpapers
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 12:37:20 AM »
You should experiment with using artistic shots from the ineu map as backgrounds.
o7

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 01:06:27 AM »
The mysterious Simon (forgot last name...) who's medical skills saved more lives then any medical group combined?

Anyone remember OzJackals character who created Third Eye? The group who delivered justice to those who don't deserve the freedom of the outlands.

Or the late Leonard Wong who located Ineu, transported 50+ refugees, and founded the civilization if Ineu? Then went insane and started destroying all his work.

To name a few other key characters I know of.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 07:53:38 AM »
I'm not claiming to be some god of art but I really don't think the hues and fonts work.
The fonts look all "spooky scary skeletons" and the hues you've applied look a little rushed.
By all means it's still nice but that's just some constructive criticism.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 08:32:45 AM »
I'm not claiming to be some god of art but I really don't think the hues and fonts work.
The fonts look all "spooky scary skeletons" and the hues you've applied look a little rushed.
By all means it's still nice but that's just some constructive criticism.

In my opinion, the first two look awful compared to the other two, which look relatively decent. Razor's looks the best because of it's grey and then one purple glow and it's just the cleanest out of all of them.

also

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2rwxs1gH9w" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2rwxs1gH9w</a>

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »
Artistically, it feels like its missing something. There's nothing around the words but black background. They might actually be a little too fancy.

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 12:21:18 PM »
Hmm, I can see what you mean guys. I was going for something simple with these but maybe i went too simple. I'm making 2 more wallpapers, one featuring the Wilson brothers (Beans, Beef and Meat) and another one with Len, but i think i'll experiment a little with actual backgrounds this time.

Any sugguestions are appreciated.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 05:07:22 PM »
The mysterious Simon (forgot last name...) who's medical skills saved more lives then any medical group combined?

Anyone remember OzJackals character who created Third Eye? The group who delivered justice to those who don't deserve the freedom of the outlands.

Or the late Leonard Wong who located Ineu, transported 50+ refugees, and founded the civilization if Ineu? Then went insane and started destroying all his work.

Don't forget Beans and hi brother companions who've killed upwards of 50+ people and have established a group in outlands that alongside the Clinic, is the oldest group in the outlands.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 05:09:46 PM »
dont forget the characters who brag about a kill count

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 06:27:09 PM »

Don't forget Beans and hi brother companions who've killed upwards of 50+ people and have established a group in outlands that alongside the Clinic, is the oldest group in the outlands.

I told him in SF lol. But thx!

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 06:43:10 PM »
BTW, I meant the revived clinic, not the old one from Outercanals. Juggernaut flipped a nutty and thought I had implied about the OLD clinic, though Beans and Beef WERE around during the height of the old clinic.

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 08:12:32 PM »
Flattered that you would make one of Razors <3

The colours on her's are really fitting, given her morally grey personality, and generally cold disregard towards your average joe.

As for the other ones, they definitely have a good deal of innovation and creativity (innotivity :D), but felt like there was something missing that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Looking at the opinions of others, I'm finding that their words are ringing clear:

They might actually be a little too fancy.

I really don't think the hues and fonts work.

It seems like the main appeal in these would be the more rustic, simplistic version, which is really neat when it's done right. But like Statua said, there are too many little details, and like Doctor said, the colors seem a little over-saturated for the environment they're featured in, and the fonts represent a, quote 'spooky skeletal' feel to them. Don't get me wrong, they're really, really cool (in fact, I've got Razors' pined into my wallpaper changer, which changes every thirty minutes between shit I find worthy to be there; welcome to the gallery!), but to unleash their total potential, they could be touched up in some areas.

Also, Stat, the 'Mysterious Simon' is Simon Reilly, my drunken, burn-victim surgeon. I don't think he's saved as many lives as the clinic though :P
I'm a fag

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 10:35:16 PM »
When the Wilson's one is done tell me so I can put it on the Crazies page

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 11:09:30 PM »
I'm not sure WHEN i'll have any of these up. I have exams this week at my university and as much as i like lazying about and doing wallpapers i rather focus on my classes. (on the bright side i had the first one on monday and i did well... So yeah. Lookin' positive)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »
Tekel'Pakem likes background too, yes? I can haz?  :-*
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:15:21 AM by Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal