Author Topic: My game review(s)  (Read 2582 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My game review(s)
« on: September 09, 2012, 07:00:48 PM »
I hope you like

Oh hoo-bloody-ray.....

Did you know that 80% of people that play a game wont finish it? That means 80% of you people have no choice but to believe me!
But it's not like you can beat CS:GO; because there IS. NO. STORY. MODE. THAZ RIAGHT, VALVe is outright selling Multipleplayer and only multi player. A game should only stand up on Single Play
er.
This is because your experience in multiplayer, can differ, because of greifers, lag, etc. It confuses me, on why VALVe makes mostly single player games, then releases MP only games; and expects us to pay full price.
Isn't there a Half Life 3 that's been in production for the past five years, Valve? But we all know that they'd jump off their own studio roof, then actually work. Maybe they want to build tension or something. Well, VALVe, is that what 3D REALMS has been doing for the pass 12 years, when not making Forever?
They promised us our sequal in 2007, well, VALVe, that was 5 years ago, anything? No? Oh, but L4D2, Portal 2, more hats for TF2, and now CS: GO. Apparently your scheduel is too busy to make a game people want to buy.

But, no, CS:S wasn't good enough. Or Half Life. So here we are, a half baked excuse for a game. Probably up there with one of the worsts games I've ever had the misfortune of buying. But atleast I got it while the sale lasted.
CS:GO, from a technological standpoint, is flawless. Bullets come out of guns and hit things you want them to. You jump, and you can trust to hit the ground. But it's all the same as CS:S. For better or worse.
In CS:S, the weapons were decent for one thing. Any weapon could be used effectively, it's all balanced very nicely, except for the AWP, that hideously broken pile of cartiledge. Which is to gameplay what a crow bar is to a kneecap.
The graphics in CS:S were on par with HL2, so they were fine. But CS:GO thinks that by improving the interface, and by putting on new cloths, it can get away with recycling everything from CS:S. And completely break balance in half with a sickening crack.
the maps are the exact same from CS:S, bar some new wall paper (updated textures.) And you know, in most games, that hip fire is a panicky option? Well, CS:GO begs to differ. That is your only option, and Iron sights are for compitant developers. So if you want accuracy from your assault rifle, you can press ESC, hit quit, and play MW2 instead; a much, less horrible game.
I found that your arsenal in CS:GO varies from (Useless - completely broken) and there is no middle ground, every weapon save for the AWP falls into the first category. But, in CS:S, any weapon was good. But VALVe doesn't want you to think they spent the entire 6 months just picking their noses, right? Oh wait....

Well this means that this review is shorter then I wanted.... Oh well, the next will be longer then my arm. Thanks for reading.

Created from tin cans and engine parts:

MASTERSHOGUN

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 12:09:20 AM by EpicSauce »

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My game review(s)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 07:13:03 PM »
A game should only stand up on Single Play
..I sense this was inspired by Zero Punctuation.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 08:44:39 PM »
Right off of the bat, I read it in ZP's voice and I agree. Regardless, I liked it and it summed the game up fairly well. Good job so far.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 11:50:57 PM »
A game should only stand up on Single Play
..I sense this was inspired by Zero Punctuation.

it's true, your experience always differs in multiplayer, i want an experience that was carefully put together with awesome set pieces and cutscenes, not fat kids shooting my chops off with the AWP from half a map away

btw, thanks for the positive feed back guyz
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:37:27 AM by [GP-SA] MASTERSHOGUN »

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 04:03:51 AM »
This is you ranting on how Valve is taking too long to make HL3 and that CS:GO is a bad game because it has no singleplayer and it's weapons have no middle ground - that of which they do. This is not a review.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 11:09:09 AM »
This is you ranting on how Valve is taking too long to make HL3 and that CS:GO is a bad game because it has no singleplayer and it's weapons have no middle ground - that of which they do. This is not a review.

Ouch.

To be fair to OP, a review doesn't need to be written to anyone else's standard, it's a piece of writing where the author may express his or her opinion on the subject. I see no problem with the review.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:55:47 AM by The Doctor »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »

And how it's just C:SS with new graphics. yea. It's just multiplayer so I had to pad it out somehow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal