Author Topic: LA Noire Discussion  (Read 6839 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
LA Noire Discussion
« on: May 17, 2011, 10:48:55 AM »
I'm at school, but i got my money and my reciete at the moment... If you have it and you played it... let me know if you like it, what your opinions are on it...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 04:01:42 PM by Albert »

THC420

Re: La Noire Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 11:54:13 AM »
Posts like this are considered postwhoring. do NOT do it again or face a forum ban. Thank you - JiggerFrizz
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:56:34 AM by JiggerFrizz »

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 11:59:51 AM »
Well i haven't played it but i want it BADLY. The gameplay looks spectacular and the graphics!!! The way peoples faces and movements have been scanned into it, looks frigging awsome.
I like games where you have to think instead of just shooting the crap out of everything and this fits the requirements.

If anyone is feeling generous, please buy me it xD
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline OhDeaR

• Touch my goat balls teehee
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 03:09:39 PM »
The gameplay looks spectacular and the graphics!!!

You kidding? From the videos I've seen it looks like GTA: san andreas.

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 03:13:04 PM »
Is it a multiplayer game at all? im thinking about torrenting it but i dont ant to miss out on good multi
My dropbox gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/30764657/1/Ponies?h=988a91
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you�re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 03:18:36 PM »
Is it a multiplayer game at all? im thinking about torrenting it but i dont ant to miss out on good multi
1: no multi

2: not for pc

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 03:24:48 PM »
1. awww

2. Gay..... oh well, if its anything like mafia 2 ill definetly enjoy it
My dropbox gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/30764657/1/Ponies?h=988a91
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you�re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: LA Noire Discussion
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 06:54:52 PM »
Well this game isn't like Mafia 2.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 06:57:16 PM »
The gameplay looks spectacular and the graphics!!!

You kidding? From the videos I've seen it looks like GTA: san andreas.
To me... it doesn't at all

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 09:02:33 PM »
Things can be very graphic even to gamers in Catalyst Gaming.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Theres a part where this guy takes a girl out of his car naked, then beats her to death with a lead pipe. When your doing the case, you have to inspect her all naked, but head head is beaten so badly... and she's laying in a pool of blood... Not to mention... these are real cases
You just gotta watch out for those things if you have people who can't stand rape or graphical murder. Just don't tell the person if they get scared too easily, the fact that these are real life murders and rapes that happened in 1940 Los Angeles.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 04:02:43 PM »
No question- One of the best games I have ever played by Rockstar. The storyline is amazing and the gameplay is actually fun without the constant shooting and insane action in other Rockstar games like GTA. It's kinda gross though, and multiple times I've almost shit my pants in fear, because you get sucked into the game.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 04:36:07 PM »
I watched my brother play L.A Noire, it's a refreshing change from the GTA series, you play as the detective, and it gives the movie feel to it as well, you get realistic expressions that are made by each character when talking to them, graphics are superb, every muscle on the face and emotion on each person is realistic.

At first, I thought the game would be boring without this GTA style, shooting everything that comes to your path, but no, it's brilliant, searching for clues, and deciding what to say to each suspect, every clue, and every move could affect the entire case, which makes it even better!
Clearly racist.

Offline Windmill

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 04:18:45 PM »
Will this game be for the PC?

Offline Robogranny

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 04:01:41 AM »
The cases in the game are NOT real cases, if you read the beggining it clearly says "Fictonal"
now on with the opinions, I find it a very challenging game becuase if you lack evidence you could send the wrong guy to jail, messing up your reputation. Even though the game might be difficult, it makes it more enjoyable to find all the clues.

Offline eaaaa

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 12:31:31 PM »
The game is just epic. A really refreshing change from other games. I'm going to enjoy it, haha.
And they are based on cases that HAD actually happened, but not every single detail is the same.
HL2RP Characters

Leonard C. Kensington / C18.MPF.ECHO-RCT.56752
A 28-year-old former MIT engineer and computer scientist, currently a recruit in the Metropolice Force.

Lilith Wright
A 23-year-old former biomedical scientist; currently an intern at the Citizen Hospital of City 18.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal