Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming (Right section?)  (Read 17195 times)

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lucid Dreaming (Right section?)
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 09:33:06 PM »
Or you could also let it play through and see what the nightmare represents, so you can know what scares you and learn more about yourself. I certainly am no expert this is based off of what I have read. A lucid dream is simply when you are experiencing a dream and you do something that solidifies it is a dream and stimulate your brain to give you control.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 11:26:14 PM »
The greatest way to start lucid dreaming is the longest one. It can take months to master but once you do, you will have a lucid dream every night.

It includes keeping a dream journal and logging your dreams every night. If you want to know how, this link may help you:
http://www.dreamviews.com/wiki/Lucid-Dreaming-Quick-Start-Tutorial

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
But how am I to know when it is a truly lucid dream?

Like I said earlier. I always look at numbers twice. Even IRL.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 11:58:16 PM »
But how am I to know when it is a truly lucid dream?

Like I said earlier. I always look at numbers twice. Even IRL.
Usually I can tell when I am in a dream because my vision is very poor guess I will try yelling something.

Offline Col. Avalanche

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2012, 12:00:30 AM »
Not sure if Lucid Dreaming or not; but I wake up pretty often wondering if the things I dreamed of actually happened. I have very vivid dreams, and I've always been interested in the idea of having more control over dreams, but never got into it.

Offline Adrian ?NoRagrets

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2012, 03:14:32 AM »
Can a lucid dream turn in to... A lucid nightmare? I've read this thread at 02:24 AM and am actually shitting myself and dont want to go to bed...

Depends on how you define a nightmare. From my own experience, I have had dreams about monsters, being chased, being in dark and creepy places, but with the knowledge that nothing which I am seeing can harm me I'm generally calm about it. I've heard some people can feel pain in lucid dreams, but this is not the case for me; I've jumped off cliffs, planes, skyscrapers and been stabbed, shot and eaten in my dreams without feeling any pain.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2012, 03:24:33 AM »
Depends on how you define a nightmare. From my own experience, I have had dreams about monsters, being chased, being in dark and creepy places, but with the knowledge that nothing which I am seeing can harm me I'm generally calm about it. I've heard some people can feel pain in lucid dreams, but this is not the case for me; I've jumped off cliffs, planes, skyscrapers and been stabbed, shot and eaten in my dreams without feeling any pain.

This one has quite.... Interesting? Dreams.

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2012, 04:16:05 AM »
I've always wanted to try this, but I can never get it to work xD

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 06:15:34 AM »
It takes patience and practice. But it's worth it. At what other time in your life do you get to play GOD? Infinite possibilities.

And you can tell if you're really lucid or not because you'll just feel different, you'll be conscious of your surroundings and your situation. I have a little code I go by whenever I become lucid to make sure I stay that way.

CCF

Calm - Regulate your breathing and your emotions, being panicked or too emotional can de-stabilize the dream and cause you to wake up.

Control - Try to do something really basic, make an object levitate, make fire appear in your hands. If one doesn't work, try another, think of the action happening before you try it.

Focus - Take in your surroundings, turn around in a slow circle and take everything in. If you had any goals, think about what they are and persue them. If you didn't, think of what you want to do, and focus on it. If you lose focus, you may drift out of lucidity.

It's harder than you think.

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2012, 07:17:27 AM »
"Demons are sneaky evil entities which signify repressed emotions. You may secretly feel the need to change your own behaviors for the better."
"Falling is a common dream symbol that relates to our anxieties about letting go, losing control over a situation, or somehow failing after a success."
"Being chased is one of the most common dream symbols in all cultures. It means you are feeling threatened, so reflect on who is chasing you (they may also be symbolic) and why they are a possible threat in real life."

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/30-common-dream-symbols.html

Offline autism

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lucid Dreaming (Right section?)
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2012, 09:24:29 AM »
I tried that WILD method. Didnt work out as i wanted. After 3 tries i was sorta control what i was dreaming about and i was able to remember parts of my dream. Very nice dream. It was summer again, i was taking out my new jetski for the first time.. Sad that i wasnt able to feel or hear anything.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk
02/19/12 10:34:40 Nicknero1405 was killed by Nicknero1405 with a Nicknero1405

Offline Adrian ?NoRagrets

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2012, 10:30:27 AM »
"Demons are sneaky evil entities which signify repressed emotions. You may secretly feel the need to change your own behaviors for the better."
"Falling is a common dream symbol that relates to our anxieties about letting go, losing control over a situation, or somehow failing after a success."
"Being chased is one of the most common dream symbols in all cultures. It means you are feeling threatened, so reflect on who is chasing you (they may also be symbolic) and why they are a possible threat in real life."

I don't believe religiously in dream interpretation, there's no science to back it up. Even though there might be some truth to it, I live a life of quite high quality (emotionally, mentally and physically) and I doubt that these "signs" can be applied to me.

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2012, 11:09:04 AM »
I've experienced the falling sensation quite a few times now. But now I understand what that is. Very tempting to try it out..

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »

I don't believe religiously in dream interpretation, there's no science to back it up. Even though there might be some truth to it, I live a life of quite high quality (emotionally, mentally and physically) and I doubt that these "signs" can be applied to me.
You do know that everything you don't create/think of are made by your self-subconcious mind?
These feelings, I just posted, are what therapists also use when people tell their dreams. - But nether the less, it could be false.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2012, 08:31:19 PM »
I had two dreams last night the furst I do not remember at all I just remember having a dream, the second one I was driving a van at church and it almost flipped.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal