Author Topic: CCA Application question.  (Read 1702 times)

CCA Application question.
« on: July 30, 2012, 06:22:59 PM »
I have a simple question for when I apply for the CCA. Will you use the OOC character background against me to deny my application?

IE: My character John Hanson who is a Loyalist now and wishes to become a CCA Unit used to be a runner for a rebellious system in C18 (This happens to be true from another server that was C18 based) But when he got transferred to C45 (Changed servers) by the CCA, John decided that he was through with his rebellious life and that he was going to take this transfer as a chance to change his view and lifestyle.

I was just wondering if that small fact would be used against me in my character bio.

Side note: I was never caught for being a runner so my record would be clean.
I have to kill fast and bullets too slow...

RoflWaffle: tryharding is a good thing in a way

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CCA Application question.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 06:28:07 PM »
OOC? No. Only if the story included law/military aspects with records that would be found by the combine. If its not on your record icly it wouldn't be marked against you.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 06:37:32 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up, I will probably post it later tonight or tomorrow, I've been attempting to brew up a life story for John Hanson.  :)

Post Auto-Merged: July 31, 2012, 04:34:26 AM
(Not starting a new thread for this)

RTLKarma... What should I do for the next two weeks. I looked at the application. Cp'd it into word. Added the two sentences.... But I have a problem. I can't find my Cryo-tube to make the two weeks go faster. I had always been taught that a paragraph is 3 sentences : (Or if its a paper write as much as you need to get your point through, but that doesn't matter at the situation at hand.) Is it possible you could loosen up? I mean I looked over some of the other Apps and I found that mine was exceptional compared to most others. I had a few people who supported me on it in Shoutbox earlier. But thanks anyways, now to go look for my flux capacitor.

(Sorry for the complaint, just been waiting a long time to post it, I put quite a bit of effort into thinking of a life story and such. Can't you just loosen up a LITTLE, I have a job and my family is mostly military. I know slack isn't often given but it would just be nice to not have to wait two weeks for missing two sentences.. ) 

Thanks for reading this if you did.

--EDIT--

Also I found this, a similar situation that got accepted, He was missing sentences from the same question, the same two paragraphs and he still got accepted. I am finding proof of the same situation that got accepted (I'm going through every application for some reason.)

http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=17150.0
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:07:30 AM by SheeMagnet »

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 11:17:13 AM »
If you've searched the stickies more carefully, you would find this topic, where it clearly states '1 paragraph = 4 sentences minimum'. Even if the reason of your application's denial has been so minor, it has been still denied, and you still have to wait two weeks before reapplying. No exceptions are given.
The application you've referenced may have been accepted, as until like a week ago, noone reviewing Civil Authority applications has paid so close attention to the number of sentences in paragraphs. However, they have been recently powered with new tool, which counts the sentences and displays them. Your application could have passed before, when noone paid full attention to counting individual sentences. Not now though.
I am just telling you how I see it; you have still chance of Karma accepting the application. But it's very unlikely.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 03:04:45 PM »
Here's the thing: as Kh said its posted that it is 4 sentences per paragraph. Part of the reason the requirements are there is to see if directions and procedures can be followed.

Sure, in the past it may have been overlooked. And I may overlook a missing sentence or two for known people that their roleplay is known to be exceptional. But unfortunately you are an unknown. Just work on the questions and such.

But yes, from what I read yours was pretty damn good. And because I wanna see it fixed I'll lower the wait to a week in this case.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 01:01:17 PM »
Thanks for the wait time decrease. I'll try to throw in some extra stuff (But not too much stuff, don't want to flood anything)
Also I'm trying to resolve some current issues with my computer. I am in belief that I have a virus. I've run numerous scans and have done a few defrag's yet my computer is still maddeningly laggy. Not sure what it was that I did. But it was last night. Something may be wrong with steam that is causing the issue. OR it was a dormant virus that became active.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal