Author Topic: short rant on malnourishment  (Read 8789 times)

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
short rant on malnourishment
« on: February 13, 2012, 11:27:13 PM »
To all CPs, please stop assuming every citizen is malnourished. Please stop using your assumption of the fact that the citizen you're RPing with is malnourished so you can metagame. My character for one, has lots of food ICly and OOCly, and eats healthy meals, breakfast, lunch, and supper. I am not malnourished, if anything I'm more nourished than the average CP. So for the love of god, stop assuming every citizen is malnourished. I realize MOST citizens are not malnourished, but every time a CP tries to like smack me to the ground and says "yeah ur malnourished buddy feel my wrath" it makes me want to reach through my computer and strangle them to death.

End rant.
game over

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: short rant on malnourishment
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 07:21:48 AM »
Well Psycho,

The basis for the malnourishment argument is the canonical knowledge that most citizens (Some being exceptions) are only fed U.U. branded food that includes chemical additives that only supply enough nutrients to survive, nothing more. The reason for this is the reason you are bringing it up, the U.U. wants to keep all citizens weak and helpless in order to better control the populace, in fact, malnourishment is one of the Union's best weapons on Earth, if you keep a man malnourished, his will to fight will follow, and if you supply said man with barely enough sustenance to live, and remind him that even that small amount of food can be taken away at the first sign of resistance, he would be pretty complacent, wouldn't he? Of course you could find some food in old, abandoned places, even grow a small amount, but that is HIGHLY unlikely.
However, if you supply a good Auth App for a food source of some sort, and inform the units of your situation, I think the units would understand and react as desired.

/counter-rant
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:01:51 AM »
Take away the malnourishment,

CP's get training, with not only weaponry, but hand-to-hand combat, and get supplied things that Enhance the body as well

And you? A CWU lemonade, a cup of cold noodles, and (mabye) a melon, and you concider that being well-fed and more nourishment than CP's?

/lolrant

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 11:45:37 AM »
The only excuse for nourishment for citizens is either A) illegal food suppliers. Or B) non perishable food cache. For A, you have to find one ICly ran by a real character who has auths to run it. I dont think there are any right now. For B, its extremely rare to find a can of food that hasnt been eaten let alone a cache of food. In outlands its more likely as there is lower traffic and a much more wide open space. Also, there are transport vehicles on the sodes of roads that at one time transported food. In the city, these were either blown up by combine or have been depleted by the high traffic citizens.

TL;DR you need a strong source of food to become nourished. There arent enough non-perishable foods left in s6 to provide you with this and there are no food supplier capable of providing you with enough food. Move to outlands if you want to be nourished. Even still, you have to find food.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 01:48:20 PM »
Again, Statua makes a good point. Yes, the CPs have a right to be OP because they ARE. Your a hungry Somalian fetus compared to them, they have the best food, training, weapons, and gear, whilst you have nothing. Fucking NONE of that, the food you are given is meant to keep you BARELY alive. So you are loyal so as you do not starve to death. And guess what? If the Combine don't like you, your Somalian scrap is taken away. You'd be dead, fast.

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 05:49:22 PM »
I understand what he means by the mal-nurishment excuse. Considering if you even try to escape a unit in say, a search. They'll catch you instantly, and if you try to struggle away, the first thing heard is, "Ur malnurished, lol" That is besides the point half the time, because all that is being used for is an excuse. You should keep that in mind, but it shouldn't be slapped in your face everytime you try to resist an officer.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 06:07:10 PM »
It should, your so malnourished your bones are more brittle, your brain is deprived of necessary nutrients, slower reaction times; they do this for a reason, starvation is the greatest way to control a populace. It takes 3 weeks to die from starvation, your scrap is barely keeping you off the brink of death.

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 09:10:29 PM »
While I agree that most Citizens are malnourished, some get their food elsewhere. I've seen someone RP eating mice, rabbits, and rats!
Mikhel Kharlamov | Alive | CWU Tier 3 |

Marcel Huber | Alive] | Living in City 45 |

Ian Kharlamov | Alive | Hiding from the CCA, after becoming AC#4 |

Dr. Cole Matthews | Alive | Administrating C45 |

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 07:33:29 PM »
Take away the malnourishment,

CP's get training, with not only weaponry, but hand-to-hand combat, and get supplied things that Enhance the body as well

And you? A CWU lemonade, a cup of cold noodles, and (mabye) a melon, and you concider that being well-fed and more nourishment than CP's?

/lolrant

At no point in my thread did I say that I should be able to take down 20 CPs with my bare hands simply because I eat a good breakfast. My rant was about CPs assuming all citizens are malnourished. Please, Kom'rk, next time read the OP before replying. Thanks :)

Had you read the OP, you would have read that my character eats a healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I for one do not consider CWU lemonade, a cup of cold noodles and a melon a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner. Again, please read the OP before posting. Thanks for trying though, bud.

The only excuse for nourishment for citizens is either A) illegal food suppliers. Or B) non perishable food cache. For A, you have to find one ICly ran by a real character who has auths to run it. I dont think there are any right now. For B, its extremely rare to find a can of food that hasnt been eaten let alone a cache of food. In outlands its more likely as there is lower traffic and a much more wide open space. Also, there are transport vehicles on the sodes of roads that at one time transported food. In the city, these were either blown up by combine or have been depleted by the high traffic citizens.

TL;DR you need a strong source of food to become nourished. There arent enough non-perishable foods left in s6 to provide you with this and there are no food supplier capable of providing you with enough food. Move to outlands if you want to be nourished. Even still, you have to find food.

I understand your point, Statua, and yes, a very large majority of citizens are malnourished, however my character DOES have a strong food source, as I stated my character not only ICly eats breakfast lunch and dinner, I actually consume the actual OOC item.
Well Psycho,

The basis for the malnourishment argument is the canonical knowledge that most citizens (Some being exceptions) are only fed U.U. branded food that includes chemical additives that only supply enough nutrients to survive, nothing more. The reason for this is the reason you are bringing it up, the U.U. wants to keep all citizens weak and helpless in order to better control the populace, in fact, malnourishment is one of the Union's best weapons on Earth, if you keep a man malnourished, his will to fight will follow, and if you supply said man with barely enough sustenance to live, and remind him that even that small amount of food can be taken away at the first sign of resistance, he would be pretty complacent, wouldn't he? Of course you could find some food in old, abandoned places, even grow a small amount, but that is HIGHLY unlikely.
However, if you supply a good Auth App for a food source of some sort, and inform the units of your situation, I think the units would understand and react as desired.

/counter-rant

I agree, I failed to mention in my OP that yes, a very large majority of citizens are severely malnourished, and yes, for good reason and on purpose. However, I don't need auths to not be malnourished. I eat lots of food ICly, therefore I am not malnourished. To suggest that I need auths to eat food, is to suggest that you need auths to roleplay.
game over

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 08:06:33 PM »
I don't need auths to not be malnourished. I eat lots of food ICly, therefore I am not malnourished. To suggest that I need auths to eat food, is to suggest that you need auths to roleplay.

You still haven't told us what this food source is or where it comes from, and in some cases, you DO need auths to roleplay, and I believe this is one of those cases. Welcome to the club, not everybody can make up a five second story (no offense intended) on how they're so well fed and eat lots of food ICly, the auths are there to make sure you are getting said food by legitimate means, keep in mind that all U.U. branded food contains chemicals and such that barely keep you alive, so that won't pass.

TL;DR : Make an auth, save us all some trouble.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:11:29 PM by Riemer »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 08:12:05 PM »
I agree, I failed to mention in my OP that yes, a very large majority of citizens are severely malnourished, and yes, for good reason and on purpose. However, I don't need auths to not be malnourished. I eat lots of food ICly, therefore I am not malnourished. To suggest that I need auths to eat food, is to suggest that you need auths to roleplay.

You still haven't told us what this food source is or where it comes from, and in some cases, you DO need auths to roleplay, and I believe this is one of those cases. Welcome to the club, not everybody can make up a five second story (no offense intended) on how they're so well fed and eat lots of food ICly, the auths are there to make sure you are getting said food by legitimate means, keep in mind that all U.U. branded food contains chemicals and such that barely keep you alive, so that won't pass.

I don't eat U.U. branded food, if you must know I have direct links to illegal food dealers, and I regularly make large purchases kind of like grocery shopping, and I store the food and eat it overtime. And no offense taken, I wasn't trying to make a story for auths to prove my character is malnourished. He just isn't malnourished. CPs imply that every citizen eats UU rations, and while most do, mine doesn't. Plain and simple.
game over

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 08:21:02 PM »
Well if you make the authorisation application for this food source and inform the CCA units in question of the situation then we can stop wasting our breath on this. Let the administrators decide what to do about this.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 08:29:34 PM »
Well if you make the authorisation application for this food source and inform the CCA units in question of the situation then we can stop wasting our breath on this. Let the administrators decide what to do about this.

Honestly I don't know why you keep bringing up authorizations. You DON'T need authorizations to eat food, and an administrator doesn't need to decide anything. If I literally needed administrator auths to eat food ICly, then that would be literally taking it to the level of you need administrator auths to roleplay.
game over

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 08:53:59 PM »
Do you get this food from another character that sells them or is this fresh-food contact purely IC?

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 08:55:34 PM »
From another character that sells them. As I said before, I literally consume the OOC item. I think that's what the misunderstanding here was.
game over

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal