Author Topic: short rant on malnourishment  (Read 8982 times)

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: short rant on malnourishment
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 08:25:48 PM »
On the first day of getting Recruit, you are still malnourished, untrained and you're just a citizen in a suit. You shall slowly regain your health as time goes by, so by the end of being a Recruit, you could easily take on one citizen but two at a time is very, very hard. An 04 can take on two Citizens with some struggle and can lose, but anything higher is very hard. An 03 can take on about 3-5 Citizens at once, depending on their training and body. An 02 can easily take on 4-5 Citizens, 6+ would be too hard. An 01 can take on 6-8, while an EpU is about the same.  OfC+ is something no citizen should even bother to take on. Taking on an OfC is like trying to knock a brick down with a spoon, you'll need a lot of people and some damn strong spoons to do it.

Tl;dr
No Unit is impossible to beat. Even the SeC can be beaten... with about 100-200 citizens...
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 10:08:56 PM »
I think some great points have been made here already, so I'm not going to re-iterate them yet again. Psycho, I noticed you mentioned more than once that you actually "Consume the food OOCly." I don't really understand how that is tied to anything in the game. I may be completely misunderstanding you, and if I am, then forgive me. Are you saying though, that you eat food while sitting in front of your computer, and then count that ICly eating the same food because you just do a /me eats whole pizza? What we're trying to find out from you, is WHO is supplying your amazing source of healthy food that is non-U.U. branded? For someone to be doing so, I'm pretty sure they would require authorizations to RP such a job. You need to be actually getting physical food items in the game, not walking around D6 talking to someone and doing "/me takes crate of steak." I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but if you are doing that, its not proper, and isn't actually getting food ICly. That's just like me walking around and ICly finding large quantities of food everywhere. Let's assume someone is authed to have such a job and is supplying you with non U.U. branded food in large quantities, or even small quantities over short periods of time. They're not going to give you this food for free, they're going to charge something for it. So if you're not eating rations, in which you get 60 tokens in every time you get one, then you have 0 income. You can't possibly be paying this supplier in ammo or guns, because its unlikely that you have much of either, and its a 99% chance that even if you do a bit of ammo and a few guns, you don't have enough to trade to someone for food that would last you more than a day. And if the supplier isn't charging you anything for this constant food supply, then how is he/she getting it ICly? What is their source for getting this food? Its already been mentioned that all farms are gone, and all supermarkets are gone. Basically, all food is supplied by the CWU, which is monitored by the Combine, given out in rations, or it isn't supplied at all.

What is unchangeable, is the fact that the city is 100% monitored by the CCA at all times. The only way to get food is to be loyal and be there during ration time, or to buy it from a CWU worker. Even if the food sold by the CWU wasn't chemically altered to keep you weak, they're only snack foods anyway. So if you're hiding in D6, you need some sort of food supplier, which to my knowledge, is non-existent as of now. Sure, you can say "I live off of rats and cockroaches." Even with that excuse, there are no where near enough rats and cockroaches to keep you alive for even 3 weeks, not to mention the almost guaranteed diseases you'd get from eating them. This sort of leads me to another point, which is how people who literally live in D6 and never leave it survive. Having Tool Trust and spawning in a box of Chinese Takeout then doing "/me eats" then deleting the prop doesn't work. Hell, I could do that and ICly get obese from it.

You pretty much have two options. Be loyal, eat your rations and CWU snacks to barely survive, or run to live a life of crime and "Freedom" in D6 and eventually starve to death after about a month. Logically, this is how it should be. Enough people complain about starving to death because of lack of rations, yet I'll bet most of them hide in D6 all day anyway. You can't just run to live in D6 and then say "Oh I'm not eating Combine issued rations anymore, therefore my food is not tampered with and its healthy, which makes me strong and healthy." You can't say that because THERE IS NO REAL FOOD SOURCE IN D6, especially not enough of one to make you any more healthy or stronger than a citizen eating their rations and CWU snack foods.

So Psycho, please explain, as you've been asked to multiple times, the source of your massive amount of healthy food that keeps you healthier than the average CCA unit (which would be a typical 03), and how you're surviving in D6 so well. I assume you're living outside of the Plaza, since you have no need for rations or CWU goods.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 05:06:21 AM »
When he says "consume the food OOCly" I think he means "use"ing the food item itself.

Half-Life 2 is about overthrowing an occupation.

Half-Life 2 ROLEPLAY is about living in the occupation. Before the events of Half-Life 2 there were around 3-5 years of Combine occupation on earth with little resistance. Yes, Lambda was around but the amount of actual resisting going on was minimal. Because otherwise the Combine would have turned the earth to glass before Freeman even arrived.

Renegade, you're quite a bit wrong on a few things but I won't go into detail (01 having augments is one of them).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:20:45 AM by GeneralTrivium »

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 10:53:38 AM »
I think some great points have been made here already, so I'm not going to re-iterate them yet again. Psycho, I noticed you mentioned more than once that you actually "Consume the food OOCly." I don't really understand how that is tied to anything in the game. I may be completely misunderstanding you, and if I am, then forgive me. Are you saying though, that you eat food while sitting in front of your computer, and then count that ICly eating the same food because you just do a /me eats whole pizza? What we're trying to find out from you, is WHO is supplying your amazing source of healthy food that is non-U.U. branded? For someone to be doing so, I'm pretty sure they would require authorizations to RP such a job. You need to be actually getting physical food items in the game, not walking around D6 talking to someone and doing "/me takes crate of steak." I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but if you are doing that, its not proper, and isn't actually getting food ICly. That's just like me walking around and ICly finding large quantities of food everywhere. Let's assume someone is authed to have such a job and is supplying you with non U.U. branded food in large quantities, or even small quantities over short periods of time. They're not going to give you this food for free, they're going to charge something for it. So if you're not eating rations, in which you get 60 tokens in every time you get one, then you have 0 income. You can't possibly be paying this supplier in ammo or guns, because its unlikely that you have much of either, and its a 99% chance that even if you do a bit of ammo and a few guns, you don't have enough to trade to someone for food that would last you more than a day. And if the supplier isn't charging you anything for this constant food supply, then how is he/she getting it ICly? What is their source for getting this food? Its already been mentioned that all farms are gone, and all supermarkets are gone. Basically, all food is supplied by the CWU, which is monitored by the Combine, given out in rations, or it isn't supplied at all.

What is unchangeable, is the fact that the city is 100% monitored by the CCA at all times. The only way to get food is to be loyal and be there during ration time, or to buy it from a CWU worker. Even if the food sold by the CWU wasn't chemically altered to keep you weak, they're only snack foods anyway. So if you're hiding in D6, you need some sort of food supplier, which to my knowledge, is non-existent as of now. Sure, you can say "I live off of rats and cockroaches." Even with that excuse, there are no where near enough rats and cockroaches to keep you alive for even 3 weeks, not to mention the almost guaranteed diseases you'd get from eating them. This sort of leads me to another point, which is how people who literally live in D6 and never leave it survive. Having Tool Trust and spawning in a box of Chinese Takeout then doing "/me eats" then deleting the prop doesn't work. Hell, I could do that and ICly get obese from it.

You pretty much have two options. Be loyal, eat your rations and CWU snacks to barely survive, or run to live a life of crime and "Freedom" in D6 and eventually starve to death after about a month. Logically, this is how it should be. Enough people complain about starving to death because of lack of rations, yet I'll bet most of them hide in D6 all day anyway. You can't just run to live in D6 and then say "Oh I'm not eating Combine issued rations anymore, therefore my food is not tampered with and its healthy, which makes me strong and healthy." You can't say that because THERE IS NO REAL FOOD SOURCE IN D6, especially not enough of one to make you any more healthy or stronger than a citizen eating their rations and CWU snack foods.

So Psycho, please explain, as you've been asked to multiple times, the source of your massive amount of healthy food that keeps you healthier than the average CCA unit (which would be a typical 03), and how you're surviving in D6 so well. I assume you're living outside of the Plaza, since you have no need for rations or CWU goods.

Just a misunderstanding, Airborne. When I said I OOCly consume the item, I didn't mean I'm actually eatting a pizza in real life (although I would enjoy that), I meant I literally "use" the item like GeneralTrivium said, and roleplay eatting it in the game. Yes, there are people in D6 who sell Non-UU food, quite a few people actually. For obvious reasons I'm not going to write down their actual character's name, but you guys are just misunderstanding what I'm saying.

I physically purchase large quantities of Non-UU food and consume them in-game while roleplaying eatting them.
game over

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 11:43:35 AM »

Just a misunderstanding, Airborne. When I said I OOCly consume the item, I didn't mean I'm actually eatting a pizza in real life (although I would enjoy that), I meant I literally "use" the item like GeneralTrivium said, and roleplay eatting it in the game. Yes, there are people in D6 who sell Non-UU food, quite a few people actually. For obvious reasons I'm not going to write down their actual character's name, but you guys are just misunderstanding what I'm saying.

I physically purchase large quantities of Non-UU food and consume them in-game while roleplaying eatting them.

Psycho. I understand where you are coming from fully.

I can hopefully resolve this by telling you, if you eat food ICly and OOCly (which as stated is actually using the food item) - Then explain that to the officer calmly in LOOC. If he is an actually good roleplayer, he will take into consideration ever aspect of your environment. Here's where this is a problem, people on the other end not being honest about their characters being well fed eating food ICly and OOCly. That's really the only issue.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 12:22:57 PM »

Psycho. I understand where you are coming from fully.

I can hopefully resolve this by telling you, if you eat food ICly and OOCly (which as stated is actually using the food item) - Then explain that to the officer calmly in LOOC. If he is an actually good roleplayer, he will take into consideration ever aspect of your environment. Here's where this is a problem, people on the other end not being honest about their characters being well fed eating food ICly and OOCly. That's really the only issue.

Yes, I agree, and you're right. Hell, I don't even expect most people to believe me that my character is well fed. But eh, what are you gonna do I guess.
game over

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 01:25:18 PM »
* [cG] Klashy cleans the man.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »

Ah okay. Yes I misunderstood you. I didn't even think about "using" the food item when you were talking about "OOCly consuming the food." I apologize for that. I am still wondering what you purchase the food with however. Do you come out of D6 and get rations during ration time? If not, then you couldn't be buying the food with tokens.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2012, 03:50:16 PM »

Ah okay. Yes I misunderstood you. I didn't even think about "using" the food item when you were talking about "OOCly consuming the food." I apologize for that. I am still wondering what you purchase the food with however. Do you come out of D6 and get rations during ration time? If not, then you couldn't be buying the food with tokens.

I purchase the food with tokens and no I don't get rations. My source of tokens comes from purchasing shipments of contraband in large quantities and selling them to other citizens.
game over

Offline igor

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2012, 06:49:57 PM »
Take away the malnourishment,

CP's get training, with not only weaponry, but hand-to-hand combat, and get supplied things that Enhance the body as well

And you? A CWU lemonade, a cup of cold noodles, and (mabye) a melon, and you concider that being well-fed and more nourishment than CP's?

/lolrant

True man, when people pull that shit it makes me mad, no one reads the directory guides and cry Powergame every time a cp does something logical.
C45.CCA.APEX-05.245

'Clyde'

Kal'Rinok

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal