Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]Drew Cotton's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Kiwi69

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED]Drew Cotton's Civil Authority Application
« on: March 31, 2012, 07:00:26 PM »
Drew Cotton's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Kiwi

IC Character Name: Drew Cotton

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
    Drew Cotton went through a lot before and after the seven hour war. He wants to make a difference really bad.  He works vigorously to better his reputation as a Citizen. Drew has been through many situations such as getting told off about his loyalist activities by other citizens. Drew looks up to the Combine. He believes they are doing the right thing and wants to join their ranks and help with anything he possibly can.

While going through his normal life, doing good deed's, he would occasionaly get compliments from officers. These words of kindness and motivation would not only make his day and make him work harder on whatever he was doing but it also fired up his ambition to one day join the Civil Combine Authority. With his hard working attitude and positive perspective on life he does his part for what he cares for, the welfare of the people. Knowing that being a good citizen comes with no special treatment or extra perks still dosent change his attitude about being one and Drew proudly announces his status as a good citizen

Even though Drew generally wants to join the Combine Civil Authority to help others, Drew also wants the benefits of being an officer of City 45. He wants good food, a nice place to sleep, and the authority role he would be given.  Recently, he has began to think about what it would be like to be in a military-esque group. In these days, the only military-esque group a person can find is the Combine Civil Authority.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
    Strict, disciplined, fast to respond and quick to finish. Drew is very trustworthy, once he swares his loyaltiy he keeps to his word. Drew is a very fast learner and a excellent listener. He is quick on his feet and never hesitates.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.

Regular training coupled with tight organization and good teamwork. Adjusting to such a life will be the biggest leap of all with failure leading to harsh punishment. A lot will be expected by superiors and many things will have to be taught. Drew expects every move will be scrutinized, but completion of training and successful operations with good teamwork will yield reward and a sense of accomplishment that he seeks. He's hopeful comrades will be made and knowledge gained along with the opportunity to specialize in certain fields. Drew understands, however, there are also the dangers and moments will come where death can arrive or be avoided at the split of a hair. Finally, he expects to return the same help Units have shown him back to the citizen themselves.

For me, this will be my first time as a CCA, which would be very important to me. I will listen very carefully to orders and rules, as I want to make sure I do my best as one. Joining the CCA will help me by furthering the development of my character and by greatly improving my role-play skills. Overall I think it will still be a great experience developing my character further, I want to take time getting promoted and very deeply develop this character and have fun. That is the whole idea after all isnt it?

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

1994 - 2012
    Drew Cotton was born unplanned in a car on March 2, 1994. Drew had a childhood that could only be described as normal. He spent his pre-elementary years reading children's books, and mainly keeping to his own doings. He didn't get out much with others, and when he did, he wasn't a fan among them. One day in the 12th grade he came home to see his parents lying down on their bed...dead as a doornail, with blood surrounding their corpses. He alerted the authorities.  They explained to him, after a thorough investigation, that someone came into the room while they were sleeping and shot them both in the head. The Authorities told him they would do everything in their power to catch the murderer. Sadly he was never caught. Drew was devastated by their loss and decided that he wanted to pursue a life against crime. Drew hopped from home to home until he graduated high-school.

2012 - 2015
    When Drew turned 18 he married his high-school sweet heart named Emma. They had a child named Brian. Drew was in college studying to become a cop, paying for his study's with the money he got from his parents deaths. He finished his study's and passed with flying colors. He was on his way to the police station when he was picked up by the S.W.A.T. teams that were evacuating the city.
    They wouldn't tell him what was happening or why they were evacuating they city, he got the impression that they didn't even know themselves. They took him to a evacuation shelter just outside of the city, nobody there knew what was happening Either. He was hungry, alone, and missed Emma and Brian. Upon the arrival of the seven hour war, a black portal-like hole gaped overhead.  Strange, metal-plated creatures swooped out of it, and began to destroy the city. He found a hole in the fence of the shelter and ran. He ran until he couldn't run anymore. Drew survived for about 4 hours until a tall, bulky figure knocked him unconscious with the butt of a rifle.

2016 - Present
      His memory is blank after that, he only remembers waking up in a large city that looked nothing like his home.  He later found out what was happening, the cities were being rebuilt and life was very harsh. Months passed, as the citadel rose in City 17, a man named Doctor Breen was giving out speeches every day. There was a police force established, Combine Civil Authority. Rations slowly destroyed what was left of his memory and body. He was seeing people beaten for no reason, slowly he forgot about his past life, but not everything. He was then relocated to City 14, life was the same as anywhere else. He was afraid of Civil Authority units and would stay out of their way. He was then relocated to City 45, but this time he stayed there. He started to realize that joining the Civil Authority is his only chance to live. He thought about writing an application, days and nights, then he finally decided to give it a chance. He now awaits the response.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
4 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
2 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
1 year

4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time

5. In what country do you live?
USA

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
    I was playing on the Outlands server back when it was on the outer canals map. I had just logged into the server and I heard a helicopter. I thought to myself "that's odd," but just ignored it and went about scavenging. Then all off a sudden the helicopter came into sight and started dropping bombs on my head. The citizens spent a good 20 - 30 min hiding in the bunkers. The unlucky ones were stuck inside the canals hiding in the big red crates or the small white cement hollow cylinders. Not many of them made it sadly.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Drew Cotton
CID: #04746
Height: 5'11
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 160
Mental Distinctions: Observant and very aware.
Mental Defects: Paranoia
Mental Advantages: Can assess situations quickly.
Notable Qualities: Great will to work. Has much enthusiasm for the will of the Union.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I do. I don't believe the false rumors of added substances that cause unwanted side effects. The Universal Union would never harm us with our own food.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Without Question

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I already am

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
   I wish to make the world a better place by doing my duties. However, I feel I have not done my fullest as a Citizen. I feel that I can help the Universal Union in a better way. This better way is joining the Civil Protection, better known as the Combine Civil Authority. I wish to help make a better future for mankind. I wish to detain those troublemakers that I see everyday, rather than just report them on my Request Device. I wish to save mankind, from itself.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Drew Cotton hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 07:29:11 PM by Kom??Як »
HL2RP Characters
[Healthy] Drew Cotton: Citizen living in City 18
[Healthy] C18.MPF.ECHO.919: Metropolice Force recruit awaiting proper training.

Offline Saints Sasha

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Drew Cotton's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 08:31:13 PM »
// Could you put your full CID? You only have four numbers.
-Half-Life 2 Characters-

C45.CCA.S1-RCT.226

UU.COTA-THETA.OWR.23988

C45.CCA.JURY-05.034

John White

Stephen Jackson (Tier-2 Bus.)

Offline Kiwi69

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 12:53:11 AM »
// fixed the CID
HL2RP Characters
[Healthy] Drew Cotton: Citizen living in City 18
[Healthy] C18.MPF.ECHO.919: Metropolice Force recruit awaiting proper training.

Offline Saints Sasha

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 09:49:27 AM »
UNIT: 226
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Officer
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Drew Cotton>
Citizen Identification Number: 04746

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.226>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
-Half-Life 2 Characters-

C45.CCA.S1-RCT.226

UU.COTA-THETA.OWR.23988

C45.CCA.JURY-05.034

John White

Stephen Jackson (Tier-2 Bus.)

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 09:42:03 PM »
UNIT: 270.
DIVISION: GRID.
CLEARANCE: Officer.
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...