Author Topic: Gamemode ideas  (Read 5403 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gamemode ideas
« on: December 08, 2010, 02:57:49 AM »
I'm getting about 200$ together to hire a coder to make us our own gamemode.
Give me original, well thought out ideas.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Philosowolf

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gamemode ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 03:55:18 AM »
Hmm. I wonder what this could mean.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 07:10:28 AM »
Just so everyone is clear, this is not an RP script we want to make, so don't decide on any roleplaying types. Thanks.

Offline Roqj

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 03:29:15 PM »
So, what type of gamemode is it?

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 06:32:37 PM »
I said I needed ideas.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Roqj

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 07:24:10 PM »
Ideas

Minecraft? But you can place other stuff like Chairs, Desks, TVs, Windows etc...
I don't see this being in Catalyst Gaming, but it's something.

Call of Duty Arcade, Ok it's normal Death match pretty much but you have good weapons and each time you hit someone it shows eg. how much dmg and you get points instantly, and have a leveling system. Kill Streaks etc.

It's pretty much normal COD but more of an Arcade type.

Offline Hunger Johnson

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 08:45:22 PM »
Zombie survival with NPC's like L4d.

Offline Roqj

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 09:55:55 PM »
Tower Defence?

(I've made 1 TD map)

TechnoVision

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 11:02:08 PM »
Should try to make a scavanger hunt type game. You'd need a custom map with a waiting lobby for the scavangers. And the person that is "it" so to speak has to hide a prop somewhere around the map

. Once he/she has hidden it, they can press a button which displays a picture of where the item was placed on the scavangers HUD.

Then the scavangers need to find it, and try to return the item to a specific location, with all of the other scavangers attempting to take the prop off of them.

Idk what you'd do for points though. Maybe the winner of each round is released slightly later then that of the other scavangers, but with increased speed. So like,
100 points per win
100 points = +10 movement speed
                     +5 seconds to release time.
So by the end of an hour sessions there could be like 10 dudes with super speed running around fighting over this prop XD

You'd just need a system so that when someone wins they get 100 points, but all of the other competitors lose 50 points.

Thaught of it just then :D

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
Should try to make a scavanger hunt type game. You'd need a custom map with a waiting lobby for the scavangers. And the person that is "it" so to speak has to hide a prop somewhere around the map

. Once he/she has hidden it, they can press a button which displays a picture of where the item was placed on the scavangers HUD.

Then the scavangers need to find it, and try to return the item to a specific location, with all of the other scavangers attempting to take the prop off of them.

Idk what you'd do for points though. Maybe the winner of each round is released slightly later then that of the other scavangers, but with increased speed. So like,
100 points per win
100 points = +10 movement speed
                     +5 seconds to release time.
So by the end of an hour sessions there could be like 10 dudes with super speed running around fighting over this prop XD

You'd just need a system so that when someone wins they get 100 points, but all of the other competitors lose 50 points.

Thaught of it just then :D

This man is correct, also, with the points there should be a shop scripted into the gamemode where you could buy temporary or permanent powerups such as a mini UAV with the points you gain in matches.

Offline Sneaky Taco

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 11:45:46 PM »
There should be multiple items to be found, and, the mini UAV, I don't like because that'll just give the things away and it's easy win for the guy who has it. I like the idea, but it sounds a lot like Prop hunt..

TechnoVision

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 11:55:51 PM »
Yeah, if it was ever to be used it'd need some serious refining. Figured I'd just throw it out there and see what people come up with :P

Offline Roqj

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 12:01:53 AM »
That's the kinda thing you'd see in fretta :/ and im not a really big fan of fretta.

Offline Sneaky Taco

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 12:04:32 AM »
Yeah
And
I'm with Rogi, I'm not really into Fretta kind of gamemodes.. I prefer roleplay..

Offline Roqj

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 12:12:29 AM »
Yeah
And
I'm with Rogi, I'm not really into Fretta kind of gamemodes.. I prefer roleplay..

Yeah, but if we had another Rp servers we would have 3 and I don't think it will be quiet plesent towards admins, Raiden and Roflwaffle having to handle 3 rp servers. If it was up to me to choose what gamemode it was I'd like to see some kind of Build/Race/Layback kind of gamemode.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal