Author Topic: Yarno Van Netten's Authorization Application  (Read 2078 times)

Offline |T??G| Saimon-avatar

• OMG! Where have my 250 credits gone!?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yarno Van Netten's Authorization Application
« on: June 24, 2012, 02:19:37 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Saimon-avatar
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 2 Years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 Years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Advanced physics knowledge.
Medium electronics knowledge.
Advanced knowledge in electromagnetic fields.

(Could you add Van to my name? As I could when creating my character, he is currently just called Yarno Netten)

Name: Yarno Van Netten
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Yarno was born in 1942 at a small farm just outside the Finland's capital, Helsinki. He war son of a Jewish German family that escaped the German Nazi regiment in 1940. In 1943 they decided to move to Switzerland, as that country was not involved in the war. Yarno's father was a salesman that had his own store in a city called Köniz. By 1956, when Yarno was 14 years old he discovered his passion for science, he used be a fanatic of the new developing science, this was the Nuclear or Atomic sciences. Although he did not know many about that, he was always interested on learning more about that subject. He had a professor who studied physics, he saw the spark on Yarno, so he encourage him on following the physics path. He recommended Yarno to many universities. After many universities, Yarno was finally accepted at the University of Lugano were they spoke Italian, English and German. He had no idea on how to speak in English, so he learned in mainly for necessity. On 1962 he started studying on the fields of Physics at the age of 20. While studying, he got into a physics branch that studied electromagnetic fields on the earth and the effects that strong electromagnetic fields would have on electrical components or space traveling. On 1964, all the people were talking about the Russian and American space traveling race. One morning he woke up and found out that some scientists from the renown space traveling agency known as the N.A.S.A. were pasting some posters on the university wall, they said:

A journey to the moon!
                                          Do you think you have what it takes to help the scientists team at NASA research facility?
                                         Well, then join us this march 23 1964 at 3 pm and apply for a spot on the scientists  team!

Yarno got prepared, he spent two whole days studying for the test, he wanted to join the NASA'S scientist team. When the time came, he made the exam and waited for the results for two weeks. On morning, he woke up, his roommate was sleeping on the couch with lots of papers on top of him. Yarno grunted as he told his friend not to sleep until he had all in ordered. He stood up and looked towards the door, there was a card with a NASA logo on the right upper corner. Yarno jumped towards the card and opened it revealing it's content. He read:

Doctor Yarno Van Netten, we are pleased to mention you that you've been accepted on the NASA's scientist team.
You'll service period will be for five years. All your papers have been arranged. I'm also pleased to tell you that you are officially a United States civilian from now on, feel free to come and go whenever you want. A officer will come for you in five days.

Signed Nasa. **The director's sign is here**

Yarno started jumping of happiness yelling at his roommate 'I did it! I did it! I'm going to the NASA! Woohooo!'. Yarno went with his friends and celebrated for the whole night. The next morning he went with his parents and gave them the good news. They had dinner together and said the goodbyes. Five days later, a man in a grey suit came to Yarno's room then took him to the united states. He meet his new research team, they were given the job to create a cabin for the space ship, they were already building, Yarno learned some many things in there, he was living his dream. They had to build a cabin where no radioactivity could go throw, they also needed to develop a 'shield' that would cover them from the sun's electromagnetic fields that jumped into the space. They had many tests before they could give the space ship a good and safe cabin. Yarno was one of the youngest scientists working on his team. In 1968 Yarno had finish part of his corresponding work, he was alone and his friends were still working on their project. Yarno was laying on his bed, looking at the roof when he turned his head to his side looking at many books the N.A.S.A. gave him as a welcome gift. He never really had a chance to read more than two, as they gave him about 8 different books, they all had different subjects as organic chemistry, biology, arithmetic. There was a book with a green cover that had as a title '117 Elements and a little more'. Yarno took the book and started reviewing the pages not really reading them, he was just looking at the pictures. He stoped at a page that said 'Potassium chlorate'. He started reading this the history of this element finding out that in the past, people used to make many source of explosives with this white dust. He was intrigued as he always loved the fireworks, he loved the colors and the big 'Booom!'. There was small article with a soldier pasting what appeared to be a white mass with some cables on it. Then a small description that said: A U.S. marine corp setting a plastic explosive made out of potassium chlorate. Yarno jumped from his chair saying 'Ah What?! That looks like a lot of fun'. Yarno ran out of his book and went into the library looking for any explosives related book he could find. He found a book called '101 way on how to get yourself blown up.' He took it to his room and started looking for the plastical explosives part. As he was looking at the pages he found how to make black powder, he wrote down the instructions but he never really tried making black powder. He kept looking for the plastic explosive until he reached to page 93, there was a big tittle that said 'Plastic Explosives'. He took the book towards the experimentation field, ask for permission for making a new experiment and began making the plastic explosive. When he was finished, he linked two wires to a remote control, he carefully pasted the explosive behind a testing plastic door and ran behind the armored glass. He triggered the bomb and yelled of happiness as he saw how the door blew up in several peace. He liked this new thing so much that each time he had a chance (Not that he had many), he repeated the experiment. By 1969 their space ship was ready, they said 'We won the race against Russia.'.
The spaceship was launched into the moon, Yarno's mission was complete, the five years had already passed. He was now 27 years old. Yarno returned to his home land Finland. He continued his studies at the National's Finland University. He continued studied what he most liked, physics. He kept studying what he learned on the NASA, electromagnetic fields and it's effects in the electrical components.

By the age of 33 he moved back to Switzerland, he got a job as a teacher by the age of 34 in his old university. He started teaching physics, 2 years later they asked Yarno to teach a new subject to a new group. He started teaching his studies about the Electromagnetic fields on earth and the electromagnetic waves that came from the sun and why were they so dangerous. He also teached electronics, he was famous in the university for conducting strange and crazy experiments in the University's green areas. He used to take his student's and make many experiments, he was always happy about his new job and how relaxed his life was. Not to mention the university gave him a good salary. Some months later, after he started his teachings, he met a Danish girl called Sarah Jepnsen. On 1978, two years later after they met, they got married. They had no children, as in does years European young couples were fearing for a new war and didn't want to have any more children that could suffer in a war. He continued teaching for 15 years in the same school until he and her wife had enough money to get retired and stop working for the rest of their life's. They moved to Sarah's childhood town, it was pretty similar to Yarno's farm back at Finland. He loved the smell of trees and liked quiet environments, no cars, no airplanes. 

In 1993, at the age of 51 a card from the united states government arrived to his house. They were giving a job to Yarno on a strange research facility on New Mexico. This facility was called Black mesa, Yarno denied the solicitation. He did not want to continue studying in laboratories for any future experiment. For him, Black Mesa was just another NASA laboratory, so he didn't took the time to investigate what was that laboratory about. He never knew or was intrigued by this laboratory. (So no, I'm not applying for anything relationated to black mesa!)
Two years later (1995), while Yarno was sitting just outside his house drinking some tea with her wife, a wind storm started. Her wife went inside as the air was pushing really hard, Yarno stayed out for a small amount of time as he liked the feeling of being pushed by the air. He closed his eyes smiling, feeling all the wind brushing his hair and cheeks. Suddenly he heard a old man's voice in his head saying 'It's about to begin.' Yarno quickly opens his eyes looking around him, all the air moving the plants around his house, some leaves being pushed by the air. That's when he looked towards the trees that were about 200 meters away from his house. He saw a man in a blue suit with a black suitcase who was fixing his tie. Yarno stood up really amazed. The man in the blue suit stared at Yarno for 6 to 9 seconds, he then turned and walked into the woods. Yarno got back into his house and continued looking through the window for some minutes. Her wife asked him what happened and he responded 'Nothing... I thought I saw... Ah, well it was nothing. I'm getting old'.

One year later Xen creatures started appearing all around the world, Yarno and her wife heard about this strange events on the radio but didn't believed them. On the night, they heard what they used to called 'Rats wanting to eat our food', but they never knew that there was a headcrab leaving under their house. After the combine invaded they took them from their house and separated them, they said they were going to take Yarno's wife to a different city. Yarno was taken to the city 45, he has not lost hopes on finding her wife on another city.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Knowing advanced physics and understanding how does a electromagnetic field works and it's definitions. He would also know something about electronics as his studies were related to them.

Defects
As Yarno is getting older, his memory is loosing power, at the age of 74 normal people start loosing their memory. This could be a bad thing if Yarno ever want's to use physics or his other knowledge again.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I'm planing to help my other character called Jacques 'French' Laux on gathering a small/medium scientists team as my other character is trying to start a proyect with the help of some other people with this knowledge and help of some vortigaunts he knows.

//I would need to change my character each time I try to use Jacques or Yarno.

It is also really difficult to find someone IC with this knownledge, that's why I'm trying to make my own character with the knowledge.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
The last part, in wich Yarno sees a man in a blue suit (Probably g-man) was added just for fun, Yarno will never see this man again. I just added it for fun and makeing the backstory more intresting. Besides, he does not knows anything about black mesa, for him, it was just another normal laboratory.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:34:07 PM by Saimon-avatar »
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Yarno Van Netten's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 04:40:35 PM »
I am all for accepting this, it is very nice and much effort was put into it as always. Good work Saimon.

I want some responses on this plox.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 05:06:46 PM »
I am all for accepting this, it is very nice and much effort was put into it as always. Good work Saimon.

Ahaha! thank you purple, this has been the fastest response someone has give me in a authorization application! Anyways, I've been doing some research just to understand the things that I'm applying for. I hope you do accept it!

Oh wait! Can I add one more thing to my application? I need my character for being able to build medium ranged explosives, as a physics, electromagnetic and electric devices scientist he would atleast know something about chemistry. I have not meet any professor that teaches physics that does not knows chemistry!

I edited this comment just to add the explosives thing, waiting for the green flag to add it on my back story.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:40:49 PM by Saimon-avatar »
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 05:33:20 AM »

Ahaha! thank you purple, this has been the fastest response someone has give me in a authorization application! Anyways, I've been doing some research just to understand the things that I'm applying for. I hope you do accept it!

Oh wait! Can I add one more thing to my application? I need my character for being able to build medium ranged explosives, as a physics, electromagnetic and electric devices scientist he would atleast know something about chemistry. I have not meet any professor that teaches physics that does not knows chemistry!

I edited this comment just to add the explosives thing, waiting for the green flag to add it on my back story.

Yes, go ahead. Your character will be an interesting figure to meet ICly.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
In 1968 Yarno had finish part of his corresponding work, he was alone and his friends were still working on their project. Yarno was laying on his bed, looking at the roof when he turned his head to his side looking at many books the N.A.S.A. gave him as a welcome gift. He never really had a chance to read more than two, as they gave him about 8 different books, they all had different subjects as organic chemistry, biology, arithmetic. There was a book with a green cover that had as a title '117 Elements and a little more'. Yarno took the book and started reviewing the pages not really reading them, he was just looking at the pictures. He stoped at a page that said 'Potassium chlorate'. He started reading this the history of this element finding out that in the past, people used to make many source of explosives with this white dust. He was intrigued as he always loved the fireworks, he loved the colors and the big 'Booom!'. There was small article with a soldier pasting what appeared to be a white mass with some cables on it. Then a small description that said: A U.S. marine corp setting a plastic explosive made out of potassium chlorate. Yarno jumped from his chair saying 'Ah What?! That looks like a lot of fun'. Yarno ran out of his book and went into the library looking for any explosives related book he could find. He found a book called '101 way on how to get yourself blown up.' He took it to his room and started looking for the plastical explosives part. As he was looking at the pages he found how to make black powder, he wrote down the instructions but he never really tried making black powder. He kept looking for the plastic explosive until he reached to page 93, there was a big tittle that said 'Plastic Explosives'. He took the book towards the experimentation field, ask for permission for making a new experiment and began making the plastic explosive. When he was finished, he linked two wires to a remote control, he carefully pasted the explosive behind a testing plastic door and ran behind the armored glass. He triggered the bomb and yelled of happiness as he saw how the door blew up in several peace. He liked this new thing so much that each time he had a chance (Not that he had many), he repeated the experiment.

Alright, I just added the part into the backstory, in case you do not want to look for it, I have pasted it up here.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 02:45:37 PM »
Really good creativity with these backstorys, I am going to go ahead an accept this because I have no doubt that it will be successful.

Accepted:Locked:Moved

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal