Author Topic: [PENDING] Hudson Clark's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[PENDING] Hudson Clark's Civil Authority Application
« on: September 02, 2012, 09:06:16 PM »
Hudson Clark's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Frolie

IC Character Name: Hudson Clark

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
1.     Hudson’s unrealized profession in medicine is something he always wanted to follow up on. CHowever, he never seemed to be able to properly line up his finances and emotions. Consequently, he never managed to finish his schooling. During his observations of the CCA, he found the prospect of joining NOVA division particularly promising, and is one of his primary reasons for wanting to enlist.

2.     Hudson frequently thinks things through before taking sides. During his observations on the rebellion (in his journal), he concluded that the rebellion was facing impossible odds, and at this point were causing more bad than good. In his desire to be part of the solution, Hudson figures that the CCA holds the greatest capacity for good, in a ‘best of a bad situation’ way.

3.     Although the character himself doesn’t realize this, Hudson is subliminally seeking control. For the majority of his life, he faced a number of unfortunate situations, but managed to keep his chin up. However, his struggles have left their mark. While he isn’t directly bitter, he seeks control in any fashion he can find, and that fashion has, in this case, manifested itself as membership in the CCA.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Patient, thorough, passive (usually), intelligent, perceptive, determined.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
For myself, I’m looking for a new experience. While I’ve had characters with similar roles to those in the CCA, I’ve never had a character actually positioned in it. Hopefully, the new perspective will grant me a different view on HL2RP. As for the last 8 or so months of my year at Catalyst Gaming has been spent in the Outlands server. I more or less abandoned city because citizen RP felt sort of bland to me. I’m hoping I can refresh my angle on City by adding a different style to the mix.

For my character, it’s likely he’ll try his hardest to join NOVA division. Given his inability to finish medical school, the CCA is like a second chance for him. He’s also looking to fulfill his desire for a clear-cut lifestyle, something he never really had before the war. He’s resolved that the only way he can escape the chaos and disorder that follows being a part of the bottom tier of power is to join the CCA.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Hudson was born in London, the result of a one-night stand between British David Clark, and French Simone Beaugrand. While his parents never had any particularly compassionate feelings for each other, both of them wanted sole custody over Hudson, and the legal battle lasted throughout most of his childhood. During this time, Hudson’s time was spent between Simone and David, growing much fonder of his mother than his father. Nonetheless, the custody battles ended with David taking sole custody, and thus lead Hudson to detest his father.

Hudson’s father (who was a moderately wealthy executive for a private investment company) enrolled Hudson in a private boarding school, a decision the two managed to agree upon. Hudson excelled in school, and managed to graduate two years early at age 16. Determined to remain independent from his father, Hudson took up a scholarship offer and enrolled in Cambridge Medical University a short few months later, at age 17.

After an entire year at Cambridge (an experience Hudson thoroughly enjoyed), he received the news that his father suffered a stroke while driving his car, and passed away shortly after. Hudson, stricken with grief for his father’s passing (not to mention guilt for having hated him for the majority of his life), took a short recess from the University, as to properly mourn. Despite his original intentions, Hudson fins himself unable to bring himself back to the university, and instead takes up traveling about Europe, a goalless mission that lasted four years. Eventually Hudson returned to London and re-enrolled in his University, financed with the remainder of his father’s inheritance. However, after another four years of schooling, he again drops out, having exhausted his finances.

Now 26 and depressed due to his apparent inability to finish Medical School, Hudson makes his way back across Europe to Paris, hoping to find his mother Simone. Yet again, ill fortunate came upon him. While wandering the streets at night, Hudson was confronted by a vagrant, armed with a knife. The vagrant mugged him, and stabbed him in his stomach before fleeing, leaving Hudson on the pavement. Were it not for a passing pedestrian who called for the emergency services, Hudson would have bleed to death.

The rehabilitation process was particularly fierce on Hudson, and lead to a startling bill upon his recovery. Given his already desperate financial situation, Hudson found himself unable to properly pay his bills, and eventually wound up with no money, no home, and no source of transport. It wasn’t too long after word that the combine invasion occurred.

Hudson spent eighteen grueling hours cowering in the basement bath room of a hostel, while the world outside was obliterated by extra-terrestrial creatures. Hudson was found after Breen had negotiated for humanity’s safety, and hastily processed through registration (he wasn’t thought of as much, being a twenty-eight year old homeless man). He went from city to city, compiling a journal of his feelings toward rebellion and the Combine Civil Authority. When he eventually wound happened upon City 45, Hudson came to a conclusion; the CCA was where he wanted to be. He filled out a registration form and filled it out the following morning.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I've never had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About two years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
I only ever had fun on serious servers, so as above stated, about two years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Coming up on a complete year now.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern Time Zone.

5. In what country do you live?
United States

6. How old are you?
Fourteen, Fifteen in October.

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
On the CG city server, my most memorable RP experience was definitely during a exogen breach. Antlions were all over the city, so me and a half dozen other citizens were holed up inside the souvenir shop, doing our best to barricade the doors to keep them out, and treating the wounds of the hurt citizens. A CWU doctor was treating the wounded, and I was assisting him during the operations. The whole operation really caught the panic that was instilled in all the citizens during the breach, and the futility of trying to save the wounded.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Indubitably.

IC Section

Full Name: Hudson Clark
CID: 37101
Height: Five feet, Eight Inches.
Hair Colour Black.
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Weight: 115 Pounds.
Mental Distinctions: Exceptional at handling difficult or trying situations.
Mental Defects: Subliminal lust for control can occasionally conflict with objectives.
Mental Advantages: Perceptive and Intelligent.
Notable Qualities: Calm and Intelligent.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
On no occasion have I ever been apprehended or detained by a Civil Protection Unit.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Regularly, and without question of it's contents.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I'm willing to risk, and even give my life for our Benefactors.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
My loyalty to the union has been, and always will be, a life-long investment.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join the Combine Civil Authority so that I may serve the Union to the best of my abilities, and learn to skills that could eventually prove useful in my pursuit to assist our Benefactors.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Hudson Clark hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:36:56 PM by Khubajsn »
I'm a fag

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hudson Clark's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 02:36:44 PM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Hudson Clark
Citizen Identification Number: 37101

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.6.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal