Author Topic: The City Conspiracy  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
The City Conspiracy
« on: December 13, 2011, 07:22:47 AM »
OOC:It's good to be back, as many of you may or may not remember I started a thread on this forum entitled: The City 45 Conspiracy. This was my, if you will, Magnum Opus and it was a short Rp story entitling a conspiracy tale in the city of HL2RP
I never got round to finishing that story unfortunately, and I took a sort of leave from CG thanks to life interventions
But I never forgot and never forgave myself for leaving it unfinished
And so, I present Completed and Ready: The City Conspiracy

Chapter 1  Welcome to the City – Population decreasing

--City 45--Date Unknown--Around Midday--
A body is lying in the Combine Civil Housing Apartment 2A, no signs of weapon violence other than a mark on his head most likely caused by a blunt object, though none are in the area which appears to have been used.

The body is of a young man around 30, Caucasian and an all round regular civilian.
(Citizens) Many know him as a rather rebellious citizen; he has always been talking about joining the rebellion and fighting for freedom
(Civil Protection) A man with 3 counts of propaganda and one dropped count of alleged violence towards a citizen which turned out to be a false claim, merely the man yelling threats but no actual violence was committed

The apartment has been wrecked, the place is a mess and there are objects everywhere...including an out of place book hidden under the bodies arm, well placed and most likely placed there by the murderer.

The Book: - The city 20 rebellion
The book depicts the infamous city 20 rebellion and how the combine were overthrown before a public demonstration by the rebels on TV's in most if not all cities, one page has been bookmarked in particular:

The rebellion attacks eventually pressed on to the Nexus building where the Combine Civil Protection made a last stand to defend the Administrator of the city, though it was almost totally in vein as mere moments later, the rebellion strike force penetrated the defences and arrived in the administration room where the city administrator was captured and tortured by his captors.

Despite the attempts of the combine to get the administrator back, the rebels publicly executed the Administrator with the infamous "Speech of the Damned":

The combine grip on all cities can be shattered! The courage in our hearts shall slay all who dare oppress peace and justice! We are the damned! We are the last hope! We are the combines reckoning! Anticitizens, Rebels and scum! Unite and rebel! Rebel!!

(Some of the words have been underlined by a black pen)

(More chapters coming soon! Have to post them seperately, can't fit the full story on one post. Feel free to discuss the story in between chapters, and thanks for the support to both original and new readers)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 05:31:38 AM by Dood_D_C »
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

NRK

Re: The City Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 07:26:19 AM »
I'm fairly certain that you can double post if its a story. At least that's what everybody else does.

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 07:30:12 AM »
I'm fairly certain that you can double post if its a story. At least that's what everybody else does.

Really? I wasn't aware
If an admin or donator or w/e tells me i can double post then I will post the rest of the parts asap
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 11:32:58 AM »
You are allowed to double post for logs and so on.
I remember this also, it was well done. Keep it up from what you did!
what

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 01:50:57 PM »
You are allowed to double post for logs and so on.
I remember this also, it was well done. Keep it up from what you did!

Glad to see someone who remembers, and thanks for clearing that up
Alrighty tighty, I'm going to update the story and post all the chapters so that the story is up to date as the old version
Then I will try and regularly update the story daily (if possible)
Either that or just post all the remaining chapters if i get bored
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 01:53:55 PM »
Chapter 2  Black Pen Marks the Doom

Some of the words underlined on the page seem…..fresher than the others, as if the man or someone else only recently marked them in.
The words that seem the most recently underlined are scum and rebel

Upon further investigation of the room it becomes clear that the struggle remained in the main room and didn’t spread to the bathroom or anything. However, one part of the room seems completely untouched, a small bookshelf. One of the books is poking out of the shelf in comparison to the others. The book is entitled: GearHead by the combine
Again, one page is bookmarked:
But some of the words have been removed with pen scribbles, they are completely illegible

----- are the main protection for the city, but they are very prone to repairs being required, many incidents have occurred in the past and main parts of the ----- must always be acknowledged and understood.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The main plug towards the left power generator is only for emergency lockdowns and is easily rectified from the nexus HQ if it is accidentally turned off, and for any who must turn it off for repairs must ensure the other is completely functional to prevent danger.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The main fuelling lines are essential and volatile, they are channelled directly from the nexus and are completely sealed off, no GEAR has touched them yet and with the heavy ------ metal covering on them it is unlikely that they will be touched at all. They are located on the ------- of the panel and shadowed by the secondary generator above it.

There is another page at the back of the book that has been bookmarked but only one paragraph is legible:

--------------- Explosives

This explosive is dangerous to the point of a full danger situation only, it has never been used and is kept for circumstances of threat beyond measure for purposes such as:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest is illegible thanks to scribbles

This book is clearly stolen, perhaps this is what led to the murder of this rebel?

A violent explosion is heard outside
Sirens ware
And civil protection are nowhere to be seen....
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 01:56:34 PM »
Chapter 3 Aftermath of desertion

The city is motionless, but the blaring sirens deafen all who hear them.
A sudden rumble can be heard as the very ground shakes
A defence has come online

"Citizens, proceed to the combine civil housing, exogen breach code red has been announced, non-compliance will result in a non-compliance verdict by civil protection unless overwritten by death"

Exogen are coming....Antlions are coming, Suddenly civil protection flood the streets and banging can be heard from the stairs as they come to keep control.
The footsteps grow closer, the civil protection are coming barking out orders to the citizens
In a flurry of panic, you hide the body and get out of the room as soon as possible to avoid blame
The last thing you need is to be fed to the Antlions for framed murder

As the civil protection come warning the citizens of the danger, the rumbling stops but the sirens still ware
The second defence has gone offline....nothing stands between the city and the exogen.

There is an explosion of gunfire and ravenous roars outside, the battle commences
And the CCH shakes from the sickening thud of an Antlion Guard Ramming Headfirst into it.

Waking up to see a room, you finally open your eyes hours after the exogen breach began, and about 5 minutes after it had ended
The rumbling begins to quiet down in the city, but gunfire still rings true as non-compliant citizens are executed in the city

It's time to investigate further, but first maybe you should check the streets
Might be worth a look at what nearly killed millions

Outside is definitely a close encounter nobody wants, right outside the door there is a dead antlion guard full to the neck with bullet holes and shock marks from AR2 gunfire.
When you come up close to a defence pylon something very shocking is noticeable, a civil protection's helmet and uniform abandoned
No unit would dare betray the combine or leave without uniform
Civil protection has been infiltrated

That would explain the faulty defences, only combine would go near them
And explosion marks on the sector 6 pylon confirm worst nightmares of all who dare to have them
The pylon was damaged by the exact same explosive described in the gear head book
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 01:58:37 PM »
Chapter 4 Heart of the Disaster

The feeling of gloom and doom fills the air undoubtedly. Blood stains the roads of this hell city, and only most of it human.

Wether or not someone was murdered in an apartment block not long ago, many were murdered on this street by animals or like animals, it’s enough to drive anyone to rebel.

The dead man was clearly already at that stage, driven to a rebellious attitude and someone didn’t like that. Perhaps this was a combine job? No…they’d be more public surely?

The book “GearHead” details the explosives from the blast as well as the structure of each defence pylon, and their tactical weaknesses. The explosion marks are the most intense around the bottom right of the pylon’s central pad, the covering has been sheared clear off.
Meanwhile at the CWU pylon, the plug on the left of the pad has been closed down so no physical damage has been done

So, a rebellious citizen has been killed most likely, and most ironically, by a law abiding citizen, and it seems some citizen has used the book GearHead to sabotage the defence unit’s under cover as a civil protection unit. Whoever it was has gone now, and there is no trace where who or when.
The explosives used on the pylon are so rare, it would be hard to detect what did them without the knowledge you have, it could make the explosive look like a malfunction
And by using the emergency system to turn off the CWU Pylon, it would take  it down silently without arousing too much notice, until it was far too late.

The Antlion’s were brought here in a swarm, they were released onto the city and someone disarmed the defences to put the city in danger. Someone clearly wanted to clean the streets for good.

Time to investigate some more.

The Uniform is typical recruit body armour, seems as though the body was about a 5”6 and has an armband marked RCT.710 (Any reference to any civil protection unit dead or alive is seriously just a fluke and we’ll try and repair it later)
The body armour has seen a fair bloodbath since the attack, but dried blood marks indicate that this recruit was in action beforehand, very violent action.
The uniform is punctured underneath the neck, and something seems to be in its pockets. There is some sort of gross, fleshy ball resembling some sort of heart or glandular sac, but not human that’s for sure
And the other pocket holds some kind of electronic device.
Best not to touch them, CP Uniforms have all sorts of dirty tricks and traps for all you know.

But there is something else, a small piece of paper crumpled up near the uniform. Upon investigation, it’s a picture of a large group of citizens, happy and celebrating something. There is a small stain in the corner of it, wet and fairly old but colourless and random in shape.

Nothing else on the body can be found

Meanwhile a civil protection Unit walking nearby can be overheard
“We have a uh possible citizen dispute here, this man is claiming that he saw a citizen WALK into sector 6 and claims to know his identity…he seems a little odd sir, possibly a false claim to……”
His voice trails off

Someone ‘Walked’ into sector 6?

They couldn’t have done it during the Antlion attack, nobody was in the streets to see it.

And surely civil protection would have had guards there? Only authorised people would be let through.

Sector 6 seems to have the answers you need…..guess were you’re going?
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 01:59:54 PM »
Chapter 5 Where you’re going

The town is bursting with noise of citizens and civil protection, the town may well be more alive than it has ever been before.
And yet, the stench of doom and death still linger

A lone civil protection stands by the slum entrance, a citizen lays next to him out cold....Walking past isn't a good idea

The cold air touches your body and the lingering evil lands on your shoulders as you begin to shake from cold, fear and your eager impatience to get into the slums.

It all goes silent and still, you freeze on the spot and the world goes flying past.
The civil protection unit walks away from the hard point, called by garbled radio transmissions to home
The rush of adrenaline as you take your chance, it makes everything seem a blurred memory

The cold of the tunnels leading to the slums are no welcoming feeling, even colder than dooms fingers themselves.
You arrive at an old abandoned apartment block, empty and silent apart from a stain on the floor...Antlion Blood.
The trail leads through the apartments and up to the 3rd apartment door.
And what's behind door number 3?
A citizen, dead and swimming in blood.

A small crunched up piece of paper is left beside his corpse:

Target 2: You are to be eliminated Eliminated
Terms: Failure
Subject could not cause enough damage with the Exogen breach, exogen repelled and minor civilian casualties.
Failure is intolerable, Cleansing is salvation.

The man behind the exogen breach is dead, but he was not alone

*Creak* *footstep*
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 05:21:52 AM »

Chapter 6 One Death = Footsteps

As you turn the noise is heard again, the creaking footstep, but it trails off. A peak outside the door and your heart damn near misses a beat, a figure is seen running down the hall.

Instinctively you follow, round the corner there is nothing but a room of doors
*THUD* The man clamps his foot to the ground from down the corridor, but again nothing is there

Then you see a figure running down and out of the apartments, you rush after him as fast as you can but still he manages to outrun you.

You can hear the faint footsteps from in the alley; cautiously you follow into the black
abyss.

*Woosh* You’re off your feet and face first in the sidewalk before you know it, with a bump on your shoulder and your nose smacked against the cold, hard, damp ground.
You hurry to your feet and run after the man, who has rushed you and entered the apartments once again.

As soon as you get inside it all stops….no more footsteps…no more figures, all is silent.
Was it just your mind? Perhaps coming here wasn’t a good idea…
Wasn’t that door open when you came in?

*Creak* As you open the door and see the blood, destruction and aftermath of the mans death, everything is there as it was

………except the body

*Beep…..beep…..beep….beep….beep…beep…beep..beep..beep.beep beepbeepbeepbeep*
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 05:25:21 AM »
Chapter 7 Beep-Beep-Boom

The bomb begins flashing quicker and brighter, the detonation is imminent.
The adrenaline kicks in, you have to run
Run, Run, and run before the explosion levels the apartment, and possible the walls around it

<BOOOOM>

The apartment is engulfed in a giant explosion, and everything goes up in flames.
No evidence is in the apartments…none is left anyway. As you leave the boiling heat of the apartment to the cold damp streets of the slums. As the rain begins to drip on you, your sweat is washed away and you can finally breathe, but holding your breath comes as soon as you lay sights on the blood trail.
Following the blood throughout the streets you come to an alley leading to a whirring sound, the shield is up and a civil protection unit on standby.
Time to get into the complex stuff…there has been rumours of a sewer entrance circling the city, time to see if it’s true.
Indeed it is, a sewer entrance leads right up to a wall…………..which can be opened to lead into the civil housing.
While in the Civil Housing, you can see the blood trail faded on the stairs. Up the stairs to the very top floor you go…the peak of the mountain in a sense.
The blood leads up to one of the rooms on the top floor, with the door wide open.
The dead body from sector 6 is in the room, layed face down.
Next to him is what appears to a big metal pod, it is moving, and screeching.
SLAM
The door closes right in your face thanks to someone…or something on the inside.

The screeching is replaced by bloodcurdling screams, inhuman and chilling to the bone.
The door creaks open, the sector 6 body stands before you…with a head crab latched onto its head.

With a scream you run, and civil protection is alerted as the apartments are filled with zombified screams and head crabs

Welcome to the night of the living dead, no escape just survival or death.
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 04:21:35 PM »
Chapter 8 - Survival

You regain your senses from inside the nexus as a combine looks at you and huffs.
There’s no sign of zombies or head crabs, and the city is silent
“Citizen!” A civil protection unit approaches “Return to the city!” The unit booms at you. You’re gonna get away with it…you’re getting to safety “Stop!” The unit places his hand on your shoulder
“You were there when the breakout started….got something to hide?” The civil protection stares at you, this is it you could get caught before the mystery is solved
You say no, you HAVE to say no the unit stares at your eyes as you say it
The soldier just chuckles “Alright…you can go” You did it!, you left with your life. Time to investigate this mystery further,  back to the room.

There is no more body in the room, and the pod is gone but that is somewhat a good thing considering the trouble they caused.
But where the body once lay, there is a page from a book…from a diary:
You pick up blood stained page and reveal:

I’m finally on the field, the clan will succeed for sure now. Our justice will not miss a single dim lit corner of this dark damned city…we shall not be stopped.

*bang* A gunshot rings through the city, followed by a horrific bloodcurdling…..scream?
 It’s coming from the hospital building.

Civil Protection walk around the streets patrolling, armed with all new manners of weapons. Something big is happening.

As you make your way over to the hospital, you feel a sharp sting as the stunstick collides with your back
“Citizen! This area is off limits to civilians, get out of here!” The combine instructs, and obediently you have to leave
“Wait!” The civil protection unit holds out his hand gesturing you to come towards him
And predictably, the can hits the floor
“Pick it up” The unit says, and you have no choice but to pick it up to place in the nearby trash can
*SMACK* Your head collides with the floor rather violently as the civil protection unit laughs at his little trick
“Watch it citizen, that step’s a doozey”
The unit laughs immaturely, and leaves you to put the can in the trash
“Alright, now get out of here” The civil protection unit has had his fun, and he motions for you to leave

Later, you return to the area to see if you can get in, but no…more units patrol the perimeter armed to the teeth with weapons

But with a stroke of luck, one unit turns around to hold a conversation with his commanding chief
Without hesitation, you run straight past into the shadows
“Hey!!” The cybernetic voice shouts, and for a split second your heart misses a beat as the unit walks over towards you
The combine towers over you, bends down and grabs the can
“Hey, lets have some fun with a citizen” Says the unit, it’s the same unit who tripped you up
The 2 civil protection soldiers walk off laughing preparing to hold another victim to their cruel joke.

--The Hospital—
As you lock the door behind you, you are greeted by the grim sight of blood…but it’s not human.
Following the trail you see a small, green leg poke out from under a hospital bed

“You are the curios man? Then I am your salvation to curiosity”
As you turn around, you see pitch black as you stand in the empty void
A vortigaunt figure slowly fades into sight, and stands before you bloody and lifeless
“I have been slain by those who you seek….those who have doomed this city to their twisted horrific judgement…..they seek salvation, and so shall soon have it
Seek out the housing of humanity, for when the stairs reach 3rd heaven shall the truth be found”

The ‘Vort’ disappears, and you find yourself back in the hospital where the body has gone, and all you can think of is the aliens strange riddle.
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 08:59:51 AM »
Chapter 9 – Riddle Me This Epilogue

It took a whole day before you realised what the vortigaunt actually meant, the civil housing 3rd floor

As you climb the stairs, each floor seems further away. This is it, your going to find the answers
Floor 3
One of the doors is wide open

The room holds one last body, hanging from the ceiling
No need to search high and low, the clue is right there in his hand….an open diary with one entry indicated:

“Reader, if you read this I have left this world for a brighter pasture. I came to this city and saw nothing but evil, and tyranny in every dark corner which exists to serve under the evil that controls our pitiful lives.
But nobody is innocent, rebels killed millions in their raids in city 23, and all of us shared this experience…we stood by the combine and our families died for it.
The rebels are not innocent, but upon arriving to this city we have quickly learned the combine are not either, they are tyrannous in their rule over this city and already power has corrupted their minds to take our lives hostage. But YOU…YOU are just as guilty, citizens. They stand idly by and join either side. Either they obey and support the combine and enhance their power encouraging their misguided and corrupt rule but those who support the rebels support those who are blinded by promises of freedom in a world which can only promise doom…the rebels will continue to kill millions in blind fury for ill guided justice and combine will continue as rulers guided by the evil….nobody is innocent. ALL must be purged.
I have died to complete my deal with the clan, I have purged as much as I can and now my life has been purged of sin. But the Clan of Justice shall not rest until everyone has been wiped from the city like a black stain.
So I allow you to live your life’s without fear of my interference, so you may continue your sinning
But I Condemn you to live in the eternal fear that soon your life will come to a bitter, vengeful end and nothing shall change that.
The clan of Justice shall not be denied.”

Though one man has died here today in service to his mad wishes
An entire clan exists, and they will never stop until all life in the city has been purged
This conspiracy has been solved, but the clan remains to make more
The next City conspiracy…….is yours to endure

OOC: Well, that was short eh? Ah well I just wanted to finish it
Now what're you doing reading still? Get out there and write your own conspiracy story, put mine to shame!
Feel free to make your own stories about the clan and their attempts to rid the world of all life they deem evil, Think of them as the collective of Ra's a Ghul from batman.
And thanks to everyone who supported the original story
It's damn good to be back
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal