Author Topic: [6/29/2011] Cosmos FM Update  (Read 5130 times)

GideonGraves

Re: [6/29/2011] Cosmos FM Update
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 12:33:25 PM »
You haven't copyrighted them, and therefore it isn't stealing according to law...

Its not copyrighted. Its called creative commons my friend and your supposed to ask me as well as attribute me.

Yeah well i'd like it if you removed both the badges and the cosmos fm logo seeing as you has no intentions of using them then.

Well you made the Cosmos FM logo for Cosmos FM which KARMA owned. So basicly you made a logo for him.

Also why would we want to keep a badge that doesnt match the others? I looks wierd.

I never made anything for karma, i simply made and then allowed darth to use it on orange cosmos

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 12:34:42 PM »
Gideon can't you drop it, you made your point it will be removed later.

GideonGraves

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 12:37:31 PM »

Try having something you made stolen. Anyway I simply made my request and other members of the community thought that they would contribute to the thread so i am simply responding to them.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 12:39:20 PM »

Try having something you made stolen. Anyway I simply made my request and other members of the community thought that they would contribute to the thread so i am simply responding to them.
Yes I know it would be annoying, but it's a picture that would've been forgotten if not used. So I'd actually appreciate them using it.

GideonGraves

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 01:02:04 PM »

Yes I know it would be annoying, but it's a picture that would've been forgotten if not used. So I'd actually appreciate them using it.

By all means I do appreciate that its being used but its the fact that they didnt even attribute me let alone ask me to even use my material.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 01:33:50 PM »
Gideon has a point people. I get pissed off if people use other people's guides from other websites without at least putting down the creators name. I know how i would feel if someone took something i had made, and not even credited me to it.

It's good that CG is keeping Marcus's work alive but at least ask him before using his material. It's common courtesy aswell.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 07:34:23 AM »
When you make something for a community or group, unless you have an agreement that you keep full rights, the rights get transferred to the owner of said group.

Seeing as all OC logos were made for OC, then they belong to OC.  Same with Cosmos FM.

The rank image was temporary so that it would show up and not look like total shit, and the logo is infact still property of Cosmos FM.

Oh, and to clarify: when Rofl bought the gamemode, it included the content as well, and seeing as the logos and shit are part of that content, they became property of CG.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal