Author Topic: 399; a series of critical errors  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
399; a series of critical errors
« on: July 28, 2011, 03:38:34 AM »
TIME: Tuesday, March 25th, 2016 0204hrs

399 was working in her research and development office as usual. It was early in the morning and her energy levels were low but she continued working. She knew this solution would be a breakthrough in healing technology. In order to stay awake, she had taken amphetamines. She knew this drug wouldn't last long but insisted on working.

The solution she wanted to work on was intended to promote cell regeneration without the use of sloppy biogel. The solution was a temporary drug that only lasted 24 hours. It becomes active within a minute of injection and can heal a closed wound within half an hour. It would come in use for field medicine as well as temporary triage centers.

However, the active chemical in the solution was an off world chemical, transported by the union and classified to the research and development division only. This chemical combined with sulpheric acid should in theory create the solution when mixed at 343K. She had all the materials needed available and was ready to begin the procedure.

She started by pouring the off world chemical into the apparatus. She increased the heat till optimal temperature was reached. As she was measuring out the correct amount of sulpheric acid, she accidentally increased the heat to 394K. The drugs she took made her oblivious to the change in temperature. She began pouring the sulpheric acid into the solution, a flame jumped from the overheated chemical to the acid solution. Suprised, she dripped the entire sample of acid into the apparatus. This combustion created sulphur monoxide.

The room eventually began filling with this toxic gas. 399 immediately contacted a grid unit. She had to keep the contaminant contained. She requested a biohazard seal on the door and ventalation system. She also enabled her biohazard protection system on her suit. The smoke and gas grew thicker, visibility dropped dramatically. She noticed something wrong with her protection system. The filter on her mask was damaged and couldn't correctly filter air. She couldn't leave or the entire nexus would be filled with this contaminant. The solution kept burning, spewing clouds of blue smoke and sulphur monoxide.

She began to fint it difficult to breathe. In an increasingly raspy voice, she gave as much information to the grid unit outside as possible. With every breath she took, the sulphur monoxide gas killed cells in her lungs. This made it diffiult to absorb oxygen and excrete carbon dioxide. She was still in a poor mental state due to the energy drugs but she managed to figure it the fire needed to be suppressed. Her vital signs began to go critical, heart rate  increasing, pH levels high, blood pressure low. She crawled to the sink with a bucket, hacking and trying to get air. It was almost too much but she pushed on.

Without thinking, she filled the bucket with water and dragged it to the testing counter. She was about to dump it but her mental state returned. The blue fire couldn't he suppressed by water. She dumped the bucket of water on the floor beside her, making it a bit slippery. She then flipped the bucket upside down and dropped it over the apparatus. She turned and slipped back to the ground. At this point she had no energy left to do anything. Slipping out of conciousness she grabbed her transmit button. In one final attempt to live, she spoke, "Cont..aminant s-source, sup- suppressed. Th-three, nine n-nine. Out." and with that, she fell limp. A few moments later, a biosognal lost message was broadcasted across the radio. It was the end to 399.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 03:44:48 AM by Statua »

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 399; a series of critical errors
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 03:49:05 AM »
What a way to go.
what

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 04:26:23 AM »
Bye 399, it was nice not remembering you.  ;)
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 07:29:36 AM »
Aww, shit. I liked 399.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 10:09:41 AM »
I always <3 399 IC and OOC too.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 10:44:07 AM »
 I liked 399. She saved my life and many others. She will be missed.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline vFear?

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 06:59:01 AM »
I reconstructed a deceased 117, I'll reconstruct a deceased 399, if you want to not lose a high-ranking member of NOVA.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 09:37:48 AM »
I reconstructed a deceased 117, I'll reconstruct a deceased 399, if you want to not lose a high-ranking member of NOVA.
What? Impossible. The brain would be so dead, he wouldn't have any memory on how to talk. If by merical you did manage to reconstruct him, he'd by retarded. Using the excuse "combine technology" doesn't cut it here.

Even still, why would I create an rp scenario and pk myself from it if I wanted to keep my unit?

Offline Das

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 12:30:08 AM »
You'd think of all people, a NOVA 01 that

CCA.C18.GRID-04.376 - DEAD Made one mistake too many.

Sarah Jones - ALIVE Depressed., contemplating suicide.

Steven Hughes - ALIVE Living in the outlands as a quiet badass.

Tim Roark - ALIVE Kissing much CCA ass, hoping to get into the CCA to finally be a use to something.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 10:24:20 AM »
What? Impossible. The brain would be so dead, he wouldn't have any memory on how to talk. If by merical you did manage to reconstruct him, he'd by retarded. Using the excuse "combine technology" doesn't cut it here.

Even still, why would I create an rp scenario and pk myself from it if I wanted to keep my unit?

Heres an idea, replace your dead brain with a computer program all of your witnessed past exerpiences. And all yo knowledges

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal