Author Topic: Custom map goodie: Overwatch Dispatch  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Custom map goodie: Overwatch Dispatch
« on: July 02, 2011, 02:28:00 AM »
Going to have our own pre-set dispatch voices, kinda like city 8 I guess. Heres what I threw together: http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/98229/City_32_Judgement_Waiver_Test_1

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Custom map goodie: Overwatch Dispatch
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 02:52:31 AM »
I like the regular voice better.. This one sounds like a sick asian woman who speaks to fast. I mean, what sets the mood of the regular one is that, she just had a smooth voice, that's nice and slow.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 02:57:48 AM »
I can change speed no problem. There's other voices I can try too. Its more for dispatch voices we don't have and to change things up a little. I'll do more later.

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 10:32:17 AM »
You should make it more like the original, because the original voice has 2 sides to it: 1 side was where she spoke nice and slow, and buttered the words, but beneath the butter was the uneasiness and fearfullness; she let you know shit was going down, and not to fuck with the UCA.

EDIT: You could take the current voice we have now, and make custom sounds for it.

I just like the current voice better, if you made custom voices for /dispatch, that would be awesome.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 10:35:34 AM by chunkeymonkey79 »
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 12:44:29 PM »
You should make it more like the original, because the original voice has 2 sides to it: 1 side was where she spoke nice and slow, and buttered the words, but beneath the butter was the uneasiness and fearfullness; she let you know shit was going down, and not to fuck with the UCA.

EDIT: You could take the current voice we have now, and make custom sounds for it.

I just like the current voice better, if you made custom voices for /dispatch, that would be awesome.

That's conservative. You obviously havent played episode two because the voice dramatically changes. It sounds more like GLaDOS in Ep2.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 02:23:53 PM »
Don't fix what ain't broken.
Why changing the voice? The current one is perfect, and NOTHING should be changed with it.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 03:08:35 PM »
I would concentrate on finishing the actual map before adding the novelties.
o7

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 03:25:35 PM »
Because there is no pre recorded voice for rations. That's the major reason for this. However, If i can duplicate the OW voice perfectly, then I'll only add ration distribution.

Offline Ice

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »
What program are you using for the voices/effects? Perhaps I can provide you with some voice samples.
goodmorrow

Offline Wish

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 06:46:34 PM »
I like the voice that you hear in HL2. I tend to get way into my RPing and when I hear that voice I get a little scared. xD

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal