Author Topic: The Black Monolith (disbanded)  (Read 7191 times)

The Mysterious Stranger

The Black Monolith (disbanded)
« on: April 14, 2012, 10:47:50 PM »

The Black Monolith - Unofficial Resistance Group:
"Secrets flow through the air with cause."
Theme:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmm7AoZ5m2A" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmm7AoZ5m2A</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klTNgcFW-gc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klTNgcFW-gc</a>

General Information:
Rebels, refugees and citizens can join!

Who are the Black Monolith you ask? It is a secret group of well-mannered and trustworthy people that are founded in the city and  are sighted mostly in the Outlands somewhere around the year 2017. Not much valuable information is known about the monolithians and their group but they strive for freedom and survival by fighting the Universal Union. They aren't a hostile group but they will proceed hostile if one attacks them throughout encounters. A friendly group that doesn't only use weaponry but does other objectives aswell like help other people and groups, spread around shipments and messages, put up trading outposts, and other things aswell. You want to join? I apologize but we don't have a very nice recruitment and may be difficult to join such a group.

Once you are a monolithian. You are asked questions about many things such as undertaken situations by both Universal Union and fellow human being. For example, "Will you not tell anything about our group such as identities, evidence, location, etcetera etcetera? Even if they said "You will be earned freedom?" Remember, it's a LIE." These questions will test your skill and what not. After that, you will be watched for a 7 day period whether or not you like it. Once completed with succession, you will be trained through courses that will revive your abilities like you once used to be just before the Combine Invasion occurred.

You are the last of humanity, a piece of the puzzle. Be sure to search for a piece or else... you are done, gone forever.

The Black Monolith Ranking branch:

Monolith Leader
 Monolith Co-Leader

Veteran Grade Three
 Veteran Grade Two
 Veteran Grade One

Expert Grade Three
 Expert Grade Two
 Expert Grade One

Novice Grade Three
 Novice Grade Two
 Novice Grade One

Recruit Grade Three
 Recruit Grade Two
 Recruit Grade One

Members:
 Romeo | Monolith Leader | Scientific Studies | ACTIVE | GREEN | Outlands

Activity definitions
 ACTIVE Member is mostly active.
 NEUTRAL Somewhat in between being active and inactive.
 INACTIVE Member is inactive due to unknown reasons.
 CAPTURED Member has been captured by the opponent, possibly Combine or Rebellious groups and/or individuals.
 ROGUE Member has joined another group or has left the current group.

Life status definitions
 GREEN This means that member is healthy and is alive.
 YELLOW This means that the member is suffering from wounds and/or injuries but is still ceased.
 RED This means that the member is deceased. (temporarily dead and if PK'd, permanently dead)

Location definitions
 Outlands: The current member is in the Outlands.
 City: The current member is in the City.
 Other area: The current member is in another location due to unknown reasons. Possibly the coast, wasteland, Combine-controlled areas, etc etc.

Name colors and what they mean
 [insert name here]: This means that the person is watched for a seven day bias
 [insert name here]: This means that the person is not watched and is a official member.

The below groups with their information will be updated soon.

Groups:

Engineering and Technology:
A engineering individual will understand the meaning of making small buildings (not most of the time) and will use their ability to repair a variety of useful entities in order to use them under any circumstances with their own advantage. This will benefit them in the safe zone and battlefield by repairing and interacting with multiple entities ranging from small to big in order to benefit themselves or one another, even if they are under fire. Technology skills allows them to understand entities that use eletricity in order to power itself up such as generators, vehicle engines, or simply a lightbulb. Tools can be scavenged throughout the Outlands.

Medical:
One individual will receive medical knowledge which will be used to cause assistance to those who have minor to critically severe wounds. They can also use medication items like bandages, IVs, blood packs, needles, and other medical resources too. They are rightfully useful in both safe zones and battlefields. One in the safe zone can just become a doctor or in the battlefield, can become a battle medic.

Offense and Defense:
The Offense and Defense group has two objectives unlike the other group. They must attack those that are opponents (i.e. foul humans and Vortigaunts, Xen creatures, UU units, etc) and must be able to take them out using force. If they are overwhelmed, they must flee from the danger zone and head to a safe area. The defense on the other hand is where one group in the team must be able to set up defensive positions using anything to their advantage to decrease the amount of damage on themselves (i.e. using props as cover) and their teammates. Simply a group for one that wishes to be a happy-triggerer.

Activity status:

City status: GREEN

Outlands status: RED

// All this information cannot be obtained IC'ly unless the leader askes YOU. It's a secret group. It doesn't have firearms in the city so don't go like "lol i can join to has guns nuuuhhsgnds!111!"
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:35:44 PM by STALKER »

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: SIERRA
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:14:14 PM »
 Updated

Offline Storm

• Bluff
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: "Sierra" Mercenaries
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:58:38 PM »
Hm, new mercenaries group, hope it lasts, we already have two other hitman like groups but that just makes more RP as you have to get more hits then others.

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: "Sierra" Mercenaries
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »
Hm, new mercenaries group, hope it lasts, we already have two other hitman like groups but that just makes more RP as you have to get more hits then others.
There is already a lot of people joining other factions that don't have a role like us such as Clinic, JURY, Pact for example. We are something close to working for other people and getting something out of it. I will try my best to keep this faction up and running.

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: The Sierra
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »
 Added Cory Doherty.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Sierra
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 07:48:06 PM »
Just a suggestion, The Sierra sounds really weird :/

I'd suggest turning it back to SIERRA.

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: SIERRA
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 04:40:51 PM »
 Updated the thread.

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: Sector 3 Bandits (SIERRA)
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
 Updated the group name since there is confusion between the Sierra names IC'ly. If you don't like the name, post some comments or opinions. There has been many names that have went through for this group but I believe that this will be the official name for the group itself.

EDIT: Underwent another name. I promise you that it is the official name.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:56:05 AM by STALKER »

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: VULTURE
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 11:02:31 AM »
 Going to get those photoshop images done tonight for what the ranks look like along with the new imagine. Probably sometime this week if I can get to it. If I can't, well, I have many things in my way in life as of today.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 09:05:46 PM »
Why do you guys have such a hard on for all these paramilitary-feeling good-guy groups with super1337 code names?
o7

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 09:22:58 PM »
Why do you guys have such a hard on for all these paramilitary-feeling good-guy groups with super1337 code names?

That's what I was thinking when I surfing through the internet. I was looking to change the ranks and this and that and no I am not lying. I was very serious when I said that. I'll change some of this and that very soon once I get some things organized.

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: VULTURES
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 05:17:56 PM »
 Updated! I have a reason to update the ranking branch and some other things aswell. I will be using photoshop in order to add titles and what the rank armbands would look like. Just gimme a few more days or weeks to get it done. I'll try and make the group abit more interesting aswell with more passive and action in-game (more passive cough cough is what we aim for.)

Thanks for alerting me Yankee Samurai. I thought this group was going forward to being "l33t paramilitary" (which wasn't I was targetting at) and shit but what you said changed the group itself. Appreciated for the comment.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 05:42:35 PM by STALKER »

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: The Black Monolith
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 12:59:37 AM »
 Underwent another name called "The Black Monolith" which I was thinking about over the very last days. VULTURE seemed to be a pre-military kind of name that I didn't really want to use since it sounded abit overused due to being in close resemblence with EAGLES and so forth.

Updates will be coming soon frequently and some new updates you can see in the thread.

Sorry for necroposting. I was very inactive over the last days.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 05:49:00 PM »
 Added a shit picture to the top which you can see (I am new to Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 so cut me some slack.) I will try and add a new one later on if I can get to it. Will be adding more updates and will be trying to get more members along with some authorizations for the members.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:50:49 PM by STALKER »

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 12:05:50 AM »
 Added two new members to the group.

EDIT 1: Added a new member to the group. He's a operator too, fuck I feel special.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 12:51:51 AM by STALKER »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal