Author Topic: The City 45 Conspiracy  (Read 9920 times)

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
The City 45 Conspiracy
« on: June 04, 2011, 10:51:47 AM »
(OOC) I wasn't sure if this would go well in suggestions or IC Chat but I decided this may be the best place for it, if any admins or other people believe this or anything else is in any way in the wrong place or otherwise inappropriate I apologise and I will attempt to rectify such problems when I can
A crazy idea for an event which kept me entertained for a while!

--City 45--Date Uknown--Around Midday--
A body is laying in the Combine Civil Housing Appartment 2A, no signs of weapon violence other than a mark on his head most likely caused by a blunt object, though none are in the area which appear to have been used.

The body is of a young man around 30, caucasian and an all round regular civillian.
(Citizens) Many know him as a rather rebellious citizen, he has always been talking about joining the rebellion and fighting for freedom
(Civil Protection) A man with 3 counts of propoganda and one dropped count of alleged violence towards a citizen which turned out to be a false claim, meerely the man yelling threats but no actual violence was comitted

The appartment has been wrecked, the place is a mess and there are objects everywhere...including an out of place book hidden under the bodies arm, well placed and most likely placed there by the murderer.

The Book:-  The city 20 rebellion
The book depicts the infamous city 20 rebellion and how the combine were overthrown before a public demonstration by the rebels on TV's in most if not all cities, one page has been bookmarked in particular:

The rebellion attacks eventually pressed on to the Nexus building where the Combine Civil Protection made a last stand to defend the Administrator of the city, though it was almost totally in vein as mere moments later, the rebellion strike force penetrated the defenses and arrived in the administration room where the city administrator was captured and tortured by his captors.

Despite the attempts of the combine to get the administrator back, the rebels publicly executed the Administrator with the infamous "Speech of the Damned":

The combine grip on all cities can be shattered! The courage in our hearts shall slay all who dare opress peace and justice! We are the damned! We are the last hope! We are the combines reckoning! Anticitizens, Rebels and scum! Unite and rebel! Rebel!!

(Some of the words have been underlined by a black pen)

--End of Part 1--
(OOC) I have to come up with some ways to follow on after this so, I hope you liked this little lead up of suspense to get ready for the next part, don't worry: The next few parts should be a lot better than this crud
Still, comment and let me know what you think of "The city 45 Conspiracy so far" Or maybe start a comment discussion about your predictions of this mini-series

Peace off
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The City 45 Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 12:09:17 AM »
Very good. I can't really say much more. I wonder why the words are underlined...
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's not a skirt."
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's a dress."

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 04:09:14 AM »
Some of the words underlined on the page seem…..fresher than the others, as if the man or someone else only recently marked them in.
The words that seem the most recently underlined are scum and rebel

Upon further investigation of the room it becomes clear that the struggle remained in the main room and didn’t spread to the bathroom or anything. However, one part of the room seems completely untouched, a small bookshelf. One of the books is poking out of the shelf in comparison to the others. The book is entitled: GearHead by the combine
Again, one page is bookmarked:
But some of the words have been removed with pen scribbles, they are completely illegible

----- are the main protection for the city, but they are very prone to repairs being required, many incidents have occurred in the past and main parts of the ----- must always be acknowledged and understood.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The main plug towards the left power generator is only for emergency lockdowns and is easily rectified from the nexus HQ if it is accidentally turned off, and for any who must turn it off for repairs must ensure the other is completely functional to prevent danger.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The main fueling lines are essential and volatile, they are channelled directly from the nexus and are completely sealed off, no GEAR has touched them yet and with the heavy ------ metal covering on them it is unlikely that they will be touched at all. They are located on the ------- of the panel and shadowed by the secondary generator above it.

There is another page at the back of the book that has been bookmarked but only one paragraph is legible:

--------------- Explosives

This explosive is dangerous to the point of a full danger situation only, it has never been used and is kept for circumstances of threat beyond measure for purposes such as:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest is illegible thanks to scribbles

This book is clearly stolen, perhaps this is what led to the murder of this rebel?

A violent explosion is heard outside
Sirens ware
And civil protection are nowhere to be seen....

(OOC) I know it's probably crud but hopefully this will up the tension a bit so everyone can start guessing what's been blacked out and what's going to happen next, again feel free to discuss it or comment on my rubbish work, I hope you're all enjoying the city 45 conspiracy so far because I have the plotline sorted, I'm just finding out ways to twist the plot as good as I can to make it more enjoyable, I also hope to make better puzzles to solve next time.........................Trolls gtfo I don't wanna hear it

Peace off
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »
Epic
Isnt that kinda what happened yesterday? Like... A big explosion happened across from CCH, blocking S6 gate, and then all the civis had to clean it up.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 01:04:19 PM »
The city is motionless, but the blaring sirens deafen all who hear them.
A sudden rumble can be heard as the very ground shakes
A defense has come online

"Citizens, proceed to the combine civil housing, exogen breach code red has been announced, non-compliance will result in a non-compliance verdict by civil protection unless overwritten by death"

Exogen are coming....Antlions are coming, Suddenly civil protection flood the streets and banging can be heard from the stairs as they come to keep control.
The footsteps grow closer, the civil protection are coming barking out orders to the citizens
In a flurry of panic, you hide the body and get out of the room as soon as possible to avoid blame
The last thing you need is to be fed to the Antlions for framed murder

As the civil protection come warning the citizens of the danger, the rumnbling stops but the sirens stil ware
The second defense has gone offline....nothing stands between the city and the exogen.

There is an explosion of gunfire and ravenous roars outside, the battle commences
And the CCH shakes from the sickening thud of an Antlion Guard Ramming Headfirst into it.
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 02:04:34 AM »
Its sexy, make more.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 02:47:55 AM »
Actually, I was thinking about doing some sort of "murder mystery" passive event. Would need a lot of coordination, though.
o7

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 11:40:06 AM »
Actually, I was thinking about doing some sort of "murder mystery" passive event. Would need a lot of coordination, though.
But the citizens wouldn't sit around trying to find out who did it. The CCA would beat the crap out of all suspects until one confessed.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 06:21:02 AM »
Waking up to see a room, you finally open your eyes hours after the exogen breach began, and about 5 minuites after it had ended
The rumbling begins to quiet down in the city, but gunfire still rings true as non-compliant citizens are executed in the city

It's time to investigate further, but first maybe you should check the streets
Might be worth a look at what nearly killed millions

Outside is definitely a close encounter nobody wants, right outside the door there is a dead antlion guard full to the neck with bullet holes and shock marks from AR2 gunfire.
When you come up close to a defense pylon something very shocking is noticable, a civil protection's helmet and uniform abandonned
No unit would dare betray the combine or leave without uniform
Civil protection has been infiltrated

That would explain the faulty defenses, only combine would go near them
And explosion marks on the sector 6 pylon confirm worst nightmares of all who dare to have them
The pylon was damaged by the exact same explosive described in the gear head book

(OOC) Again, it's really short this time but I have a good ol' challenge for you guys
Read through the story from start to finish and see if you can work together or alone to piece together the first few parts to the puzzle
When someone has succesfully solved the mystery, or come close enough I will add the next chapter
I dont want a foreshadowing masterpiece, just some why's and how's
Good luck, now I'm off to come up with the next chapter to this disasterpiece

Peace off Guys
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 02:13:39 PM by Dood_D_C »
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 09:00:34 AM »
But the citizens wouldn't sit around trying to find out who did it. The CCA would beat the crap out of all suspects until one confessed.

So, the CP's are the detectives who beat the shit out of all the suspects and everybody else stares at the trainstation wall for 30minutes - 1 hour.

Edit : Sorry about changing the subject, this is a very interesting story.

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 02:10:02 PM »
Quote:
Edit : Sorry about changing the subject, this is a very interesting story.

Thanks a lot, it really means something to me when someone lies through their back teeth to make me feel better haha

But thanks for the compliment, I hope everyone's enjoying the story so far
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 12:21:40 AM »
Obviously someone who had those books murdered a CCA and switched uniforms, then explodorized the pylon and escaped while the antlions came.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 03:27:47 AM »
I feel like im reading it as a Noir Detective film narrator =P
A real human beeeeeiiinnnggg.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 10:31:39 PM »
Yankee; Gimme R flags and I'd set up murdered ragdolls with evidence slowly leading upto one of my characters. Bullet casings "Effect flags" Knives and such.. I think it'd be fun/1

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 01:03:09 PM »
Yankee; Gimme R flags and I'd set up murdered ragdolls with evidence slowly leading upto one of my characters. Bullet casings "Effect flags" Knives and such.. I think it'd be fun/1

I agree, it would be fun as funny fun fun fun
But it's almost completely a no go zone
For one, we'd have to get everyone to co-operate and i really dont think anyone would give 2 damns
And it's kinda complex, especially since the player will have to draw together the puzzle, which they will have to get PRECISELY right
(And I'm planning some pretty in depth and shocking stuff)

But I guess with a bit of storyline tweaking this could become possible, and I'm sure loads of people would enjoy it

..............Wait did I just compliment my piece of poo work?! 0_0
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal