Author Topic: If SOPA goes through...  (Read 5532 times)

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
If SOPA goes through...
« on: January 20, 2012, 03:24:11 AM »
Assuming it isnt successfully appealed, what do you expect your short/long term reaction would be?
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline autism

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
If SOPA goes through...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 07:04:07 AM »
Anonymous tries to help us and make everything worse. Again. I mean theyve even said if the bill goes through theyre going to fuck america.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk
02/19/12 10:34:40 Nicknero1405 was killed by Nicknero1405 with a Nicknero1405

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: If SOPA goes through...
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 07:14:06 AM »
A 5 minute break before raging about ECTA and PIPA.

Offline Adrian ?NoRagrets

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 07:25:16 AM »
My reaction would be censored.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 07:58:42 AM »
This already happened/happens in China and North Korea. This is such a big fuss.

Correct me, if wrong.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 12:13:11 PM »
I wonder what's going to happen to Youtube etc when this ever passes.

And I wonder how long it takes before them IDIOTS to realize their economy will be destroyed in the matter of days if this passes.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Paxton Fettel

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »
If SOPA goes through then its all over.
Characters:

Richard Chappmen: Alive
Doing loyalist things, Searching for melons across the city.

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 12:45:55 PM »
If SOPA goes through then its all over.
Haha, if it goes through not everything is over. There will be internet. - Very restricted YouTube (probably a whitelist and full sweep/or you have to give a big ass summary, massive ads) - And for you Americans, USD will suck. Economy will fuck up, and other countries will either get fucked up, or stabilize their Economy by buying shit in America and selling it in their country.

Offline D3adf0x

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »
If it's as bad as everyone says it is, then, my entire life will be over, no internet, no gmod, no youtube, hell, probably not even google.

Offline The Pattywagon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 10:50:41 PM »
There would most likely be a lot of ranting on tv's and all other sources of media until it was repealed. Bitching FTW  :D

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 02:03:22 AM »
I think an important point to put here is that SOPA will NOT go through and you would know that if you were watching the polling about it.

However, our next problem is PIPA (Protect IP Act) which is going to be brought forward soon. It's a common tactic in not only politics, but many different areas where you need to get a decision through.

PIPA is basically the same thing, except not as extreme. Therefore, SOPA was never expected to get passed, it was made to seem and an extreme approach to internet regularity, then, when everyone votes no to it, they bring PIPA forward and it seems not as drastic so they decide to pass it. It's all in providing that less extreme alternative, almost like asking someone "You want to get crushed by a steam roller or have me throw this rock at your head?" you would choose the less extreme decision, even though they both suck.

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 02:34:04 AM »
They won't go through, reason being, every single republican candidate OPPOSES SOPA along with Obama. Obama said he will veto both bills. Ron Paul hates the idea, so does Mitt and Gingrich (must we talk about Rick Sanatorum plz no I dont like that guy). I think they need to make some better technology to lessen piracy, as it is something you can't stop. I hate piracy and I am greatly opposed to it, but SOPA and PIPA are wrong.

Offline Puppy

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 05:34:01 PM »
SOPA/PIPA WILL not go through, piracy is wrong, yes, but there is also another factor, if it does pass, then that would mean EVERYTHING would go down, but IMO if it does pass, then everything will be completley screwed over.

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Something is creating script errors
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »
If SOPA goes through... I kill myself.

5% warning for necro posting.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:31:26 PM by JiggerFrizz »

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 11:52:46 AM »
Pretending Sopa was passed (which it won't be) anyone else think it could end up being like the ban on alchol in 1920s (I think) America? So underground Internet gangs, illegal broadband suppliers etc. etc. :P
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal